Today and Tommorw ONLY!!! (7-4 - 7-5) Hitman Contracts and Pandora $5.55!!!

hacea1333

CAG Veteran
Ive already took advange of this so here it goes. Blockbuster has a deal threw to 5th of July where you can trade 3 PS1, PS2, Xbox, or GC games and get ANY pre owned game for 4.99!! AND Circuitcity has a lot of new games that are 4.99 FOR JULY 4th ONLY! So what I did was buy the 3 games per game I wanted and knew Blockbuster had it preowned and traded them in. So lets do the math 4.85 per game (I work at CC) thats $14.55 I traded them in to Blockbuster so that I could get any preowned game and they gave me a trade in of 9 dollars for (3 PS2 Eternal Rings) and I didnt have to pay the 4.99 because the trade in was higher than the cost so they credited my account $4!! So I spent $5.55

I bought Pandora Tommorrow, Hitman Contracts, Resident Evil Outbreak, Tonk Hawk Underground and many more like this!!! AND remember when buying games DONT BUY SPORTS GAMES I stick with RPGs on trade-ins

HAPPY SHOPPING!

[quote name='hacea1333']Circuitcity has a lot of new games that are 4.99 FOR JULY 4th ONLY! [/quote]heh, nope. some folks got in on it yesterday :)

Still nothing on whether or not this is a gamerush only deal? All I have is blockbusters w/o gamerush's. Someone confirm please!

Well it sounds like he spent $14.95 for 3 games to trade them in to buy a pre-owned game for $5 more.

So in reality he spent $20ish per game.

Well all I CAN confirm from this post is the regular blockbusters DO TAKE trade-ins!....I did this today with Disgea, 2 copies of P.N. 03 and ESPN NHL 2k3 and received $77 in credit. I used this to capitilize on their 3 for $25 previously viewed dvd deal and still have $24 left......There was no notification of the deal described by the OP to me though....

gamerush doesnt have to be there. MATH for 1 game to keep it simple for you. Bought 3 games at Circuit City for 14.55 OK now trade them in at Blockbuster THE DEAL [trade any ps1, ps2, gc, or xbox game in and get any preowned game for 4.99] HERE IS WHERE YOU LOST ME LAST TIME I OWE 4.99 THEY GAVE ME A TRADE IN OF 3 DOLLARS PER GAME WHICH IS 9 DOLLARS here its is 4.99-9= -4.01 THEY OWE ME 4.01!!!! so i spent 14.55-9=5.55

I do not have GameRush, and all the Blockbusters I have been to suck, but here is the info:

1) Most Blockbusters that do not have a GameRush do not take trade-ins. A few do.

2) The $4.99 Blockbuster deal is GameRush only.

3) He bought 3 games, totaling $14.55 (he got an employee discount at CC). He traded them in at GR. They not only give him the used game for $4.99, but they also give him the normal amount of credit for the trades, which is $9. He applies $4.99 of that to the cost of the game, and is left with $4 credit at GR. If we subtract the $4 credit from what he paid for the games in the first place, he ends up with $10.55 out of pocket per game -- decent, but he could have done better using used ps1 and old sports games. There is no need to trade brand new $5 games, when used $1-2 ones work just as well.

[quote name='hacea1333']gamerush doesnt have to be there. MATH for 1 game to keep it simple for you. Bought 3 games at Circuit City for 14.55 OK now trade them in at Blockbuster THE DEAL [trade any ps1, ps2, gc, or xbox game in and get any preowned game for 4.99] HERE IS WHERE YOU LOST ME LAST TIME I OWE 4.99 THEY GAVE ME A TRADE IN OF 3 DOLLARS PER GAME WHICH IS 9 DOLLARS here its is 4.99-9= -4.01 THEY OWE ME 4.01!!!! so i spent 14.55-9=5.55[/quote]

I am pretty sure it is GameRush only, but I am open to being proven wrong. And you spent $14.55-$4.01(credit) = $10.54. This is being generous, and treating store credit as if it were cash.

Think of it this way--
Total spent on games: $14.55.
Total received: $4.01 + 1 game.

You can't count the $4.99 cost of the Gamerush (blockbuster) game as money you received, because you had to turn right around and spend it to receive the game.

So no one can confirm its the regular Blockbusters, Cuz I got like 13 PS1 games I would be willing to part with since I got them for free a few weeks back

I don't have a gamerush near me.

Why must I miss out on all the cheapiest cheapy deals of all time!!!!

I have a ton of ps1 games I dont play anymore.

bread's done
Back