Today is CAG's 7th Birthday

Yeah for the iPhone app! I think. I hope it will let me do everything that the full site allows, or at least most of it. Especially editing posts. Is there an ETA for it? Anyway, congrats on 7 years. This site has been invaluable.

[quote name='jkg2k3']Thank you Cheapy!![/QUOTE]
Seconded! Also, thanks everyone! This is one of my favorite gaming communities, and I hope to be a CAG for many more years to come :)

Happy birthday... you've save me and my friends tons of cash and provided loads of more gaming than we'd have otherwise. You are the man, Cheapy!

Can't wait for the iPhone app...

I've only been around since 05 but for the last 5 years I've enjoyed this site and the great community built up around it.

Thanks Cheapy and all CAGs.

Thank you guys for all you do. The Podcast has kept me entertained. The site has saved me a lot of money and my collection has grown. I have been able to get some terrific deals and given great gift for birthdays and Christmas I wouldn't have been able to without this site. Thank You most, Cheapy D. Here is to 7 more years.

I stumbled across CAG a few years back, I was always searching the Gamestop, Bestbuy, Circuit City, etc. websites for deals. There was a particular one that was insane at the time. I found a bunch of games at Bestbuy new for $5 each. I bought a ton, Resident Evil: Dead Aim, Freedom Fighters, etc. After that I started googling for deals and mostly found shit but one of the searches had cheap in it and guess what I found? Happy Birthday CAG! ... Who knew there were this many cheap fucks! :Lol:

Gotta love CAG, my favorite gaming community ever. I don't even want to know how much I have saved/spent by being a member of CAG all of these years.

Congrats cheapy on the success. To think that it's been almost 7 years since I've joined. I can still remember some of the local meet ups in the city with cheapy and his advice for cheap sushi and hanging and conversing with defender at his store. Seems just like yesterday. Well congrats and here's to many more.

Edit: thanks for saving me tons of cash which is unfortuantely offset by the amount of cash on the deals I've found here

[quote name='Ltor']If I may make a suggestion Cheapy, If you have it, you should post some screenshots of what the website looked like 7 years ago. I'm curious to see what the old gal used to look like in her early years.[/QUOTE]

if you've never checked it out, archive.org (and their Wayback Machine) is one of he coolest sites on the web:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://cheapassgamer.com

Here's the first post:

Thursday, May 01, 2003

About CheapAssGamer.com

Discuss this deal (0)

Welcome to CheapAssGamer.com!

$50 is a lot of money. That being said, most new games simply aren't worth that much. We all hate feeling ripped off after dropping half a bill on a game, that soon becomes clear, was not worth it. If we avoided paying full price, we probably wouldn't feel as bad and, that's the whole idea behind this site, feeling better about ourselves.

Well, that's part of it, its really about stretching your gaming dollar further so you can play more games for less money. I search the web and try to find quality games at cheap ass prices. Hopefully, you guys will submit deals you find, and then we'll have an up-to-date listing of the best game deals.
This site is a work in progress (created May 2003), so bear with me while I figure this stuff out.

-CheapyD

p.s. If you are going to buy the game anyway, try to buy it through the "Cheap ass link" on my site. I get a small commission (and I mean small!) from every sale, but it helps cover hosting fees and it lets me know that people are actually making use of the site. So far (as of 5/21/03), we've made 75 cents, so to whoever bought Eternal Darkness for $15...
RESPECT

p.s.s. I would also like to thank Ben from www.Bensbargains.net for introducing me to the joy of deals and lending me the inspiration to create this site.

3 half ounce containers of glitter: $6
Cost of gas to the nearest GameStop: $5.75

CAG's 7th Birthday party at GameStop with glitter decorations on the floor and magazines pushed off their racks ... priceless

From the Wayback Machine
Xenosaga (PS2) + 2 Pack of Memory cards $66 shipped from Tech Depot (aka Office Depot)

Whadda deal! Love this site, but it's a double-edge sword. While I save money, it also makes me want to spend money.

Congrats to CAG and all of its members. I would like to point out that I hate CAG because it has been making me spend more money since 2006.

One of the greatest websites ever known to man. Here's to this birthday being the luckiest yet.

Thanks to CheapyD, the staff, and of course the CAG's themselves. Nothing could be possible without help from the greatest community on the internet.

Haooy Birthday.

Been here most of that time. I'm wondering if CheapyD remembers the site uncledunkel.com ? That started around the same time as CAG, but didn't last long at all. Happy Birthday!

bread's done
Back