Today @ Meijer (offline only): 20% off PSN, Nintendo, MS point cards, 10% off games

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Today only Meijer has 10% off coupons good on video game software and hardware and 20% off coupons good on other general merchandise, which includes PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. (Meijer does charge tax on Nintendo points cards, but not on PSN and Microsoft points cards.) On top of that, they don’t restrict you to one coupon per trip, meaning download fans like me can stock up. Note that, unlike Santa Bucks, you can’t use today’s 20% coupon on games and accessories.

I always buy my cards from the electronics cashiers, while others successfully take them to the self-checkout, where you may have to have the cashier approve the coupon. Cashier reactions will vary. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Some will make you tear out the coupons, one per card if buying multiple, but most stores have stacks of the ad near the entrance, so it only costs you a little walking. Usually they just take a copy of the ad and scan the coupon code for each card, ringing them up on the same receipt without any complaint. I have bought several cards per trip during several of these promos and have never had a problem.

Some decent deals there.... I was in there earlier and saw Disney Universe (360) on sale for $29.99 and then could have used the 10% off coupon on top of that. My son has been wanting it, but since I've already got him several games for xmas that one can wait.

bread's done
Back