Today (Sat) @ Meijer (offline only): 20% off games and PSN, Nintendo, MS points cards

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Meijer offers one day Santa Bucks promos in the summer and again (usually a couple times) in the winter. Today, Sat. Nov. 27, marks the first for this Shopping Season.

Santa Bucks give you $2 off per $10 of one item’s price, in $10 increments. That means $4 off one $20 item, $6 off $30, etc. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes any video games, but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I point this out because I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. On top of that, they don’t restrict you to one coupon per trip, meaning download fans like me can stock up.

I always buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Note that cashier reactions vary. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Some will make you tear out the coupons, one per card if buying multiple, but most stores have stacks of the ad near the entrance, so it only costs you a little walking. Some just take a copy of the ad and scan the coupon code for each card, ringing them up on the same receipt without any complaint. I have bought several cards per trip during each of the last four or five promos and have never had a problem.

They usually run the same promo again in December, but I don’t have any advance knowledge, so don’t wait if you can go today.

Wow this would be a great deal for me if I wasn't so broke. A year of PSN+ for $40, along with a PSN wallet full of discounted money to buy games at PLUS's discounted prices.

yep I do this every year. They also have catalina coupons that print out that give you $3 off your next shipping trip or 15% off which would all combine with the santa bucks as well.

This is really tempting, but I just bought 12 copies of CoD BO at the gamestop sale for about $30 a piece and can flip em for about $35-$40 a piece at gamestop/amazon. Means I am about to have an ass ton of credit at one of those two stores which I probably should be using to buy my point cards ;) Still this is tempting! Taxes help make it less tempting though...

Too bad they are only in a couple states. No wonder I have never heard of them before. It's a loooong drive from Arizona lol. Thanks for the tip though.

Picked up for a Wii for $130 (with Santa Bucks) earlier this morning. Didn't see any games 20% off

[quote name='mataman']Picked up for a Wii for $130 (with Santa Bucks) earlier this morning. Didn't see any games 20% off[/QUOTE]
20% off is the Santa Bucks discount...

I picked up GT5 for $48 this morning.

[quote name='equality']20% off is the Santa Bucks discount...

I picked up GT5 for $48 this morning.[/QUOTE]

Meijer has the Wii for $150 on sale today.

Used to love meijer before I moved. Wish there was one nearby. Always preferred it to Walmart, groceries and everything.

Remember these coupon days, always fun.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Used to love meijer before I moved. Wish there was one nearby. Always preferred it to Walmart, groceries and everything.

Remember these coupon days, always fun.[/QUOTE]
They do have a much better selection of items than Walmart, but they are just a touch more expensive. IMO when I have the money it's worth it to shop at Meijer. Shopping at walmart is always an ugly experience.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Meijer needs to step up and compete with Walmart on a national level.[/QUOTE]

I think Meijer has opened stores in new areas, but dunno if they have plans to expand beyond the Midwest. FWIW, Wal-Mart had a store one mile south of the nearest Meijer, then opened an additional store one mile north. I don’t know if Meijer can expand successfully against that kind of opposition. Maybe if they can get some Carriers out.

[quote name='FurryCurry']They shouldn't be charging taxes on points cards though.[/QUOTE]

I just checked my receipts from previous seasons. I can’t figure out how they calculated the total tax on the one, but it looks like they do charge tax on Nintendo cards but not on PSN cards. Dunno about Microsoft cards; I’ve never bought one.

[quote name='MacMog']I think Meijer has opened stores in new areas, but dunno if they have plans to expand beyond the Midwest. FWIW, Wal-Mart had a store one mile south of the nearest Meijer, then opened an additional store one mile north. I don’t know if Meijer can expand successfully against that kind of opposition. Maybe if they can get some Carriers out.

I just checked my receipts from previous seasons. I can’t figure out how they calculated the total tax on the one, but it looks like they do charge tax on Nintendo cards but not on PSN cards. Dunno about Microsoft cards; I’ve never bought one.[/QUOTE]

I just got back with seven, and there is no tax on Microsoft Points cards at Meijer. Thanks!

bread's done
Back