Today's Haul (Best Buy and Target, plus the case of the 2 missing discs)

arthurRWD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My target today was Target, there's 2 in town, and I'm hitting the first one. There I pick up:

THPG - PS3 - 12.48
HL2-OB - PS3 - 14.98
Lair - PS3 - $14.98

So, I got what I was looking for, and decided to pop in at the Best Buy next door. God must have been smiling on me today, because they had a heaping clearance bin, where I picked up:

(All of these are 4.99)
F4, rise of the silver surfer - 360
Super Smash Bros Melee - GC
GTA: San Andreas (the reason I went to BB in the first place, but expected to pay $20) - Xbox
F1 Championship - PS3
DOAX2 - 360
Vice City Stories - PS2
Halo 2 - Xbox
COD3 Gold - 360

(7.99)
Splinter Cell : DA - PS3 (more on this one in a minute)
NBA 2007 - PS3
The Darkness - PS3

pretty good haul, and since I had decided to trade in a bunch of junk to Blockbuster I also tried my luck at the 2nd Target in town, where I picked up another copy of F1 - Championship to trader (14.98) and NCAA 2K8 March Madness for PS3 (12.48).

Now, before I went to the second Target, I opened up some of the games that I wanted to keep. The first one being SCDA for PS3. I open it, it's frickin' EMPTY. This was a first for me. It looked like the seal was good, so I think Ubisoft just messed up somewhere. Best Buy doesn't want to do a return, so I call UBI and they're very nice, and help me go about getting a replacement copy.

So after the 2nd Target, I'm in the car getting ready to open F1 and NCAA 2008.....the 2K8 is EMPTY TOO! It was clear that someone had eased the plastic just enough to get the game to slide out, and thankfully I didn't open it, I just felt that the case was VERY light. So I took it back in to Target, explained the situation, and money was given back, no problem.

Good day for games, but awful day for empty game cases

I've found the gentle shaking or a gentle tapping of the back of the case yields the best result when trying to determine if there's a disc or not in there. Of course, some scammer could've just cut the plastic, taken the disc out, replaced it with a blank cd-r or something and resealed it. I've heard of numerous cases of that happening.

You should've seen the beat up packaging I tore through to make sure I had the actual games in the cases for Syphon Filter: Omega Strain and The Warriors from a local Kmart. Both looked like they were half opened and resealed with TONS of packing tape.

But, since both games were still mint and the manuals were still crisp, I kept them.

Even with those empty cases, you still made out quite well. Seriously, all of these stories of Best Buy clearance are too good. Tomorrow I'm going to run up to campus to buy blue books for finals and then I'll have to stop into BB and try my luck.

Yeah, I bought some clearanced games from Kmart and one of them did not have a disk OR manual inside of it. It was a second copy of Haunting Ground....All the clearanced kmart games were gone over with packing tape like someone mentioned and I asked the cashier and he said they do that with tape so the disks cannot be easily stolen.

bread's done
Back