Toki Tori for $3.75 on Steam

i dont get these cheap arcade games. i rather save up money to buy AAA titles. plus if i were to waste time (which these kind of games are for) id rather be playing l4d2 or something like that =p

[quote name='helluvagood']i dont get these cheap arcade games. i rather save up money to buy AAA titles. plus if i were to waste time (which these kind of games are for) id rather be playing l4d2 or something like that =p[/QUOTE]

This is so true. I HATE wasting time playing video games.

[quote name='helluvagood']i dont get these cheap arcade games. i rather save up money to buy AAA titles. plus if i were to waste time (which these kind of games are for) id rather be playing l4d2 or something like that =p[/QUOTE]

I avoid such dilemmas buy buying cheap arcade games and cheap AAA titles.

[quote name='cheapo72']I avoid such dilemmas buy buying cheap arcade games and cheap AAA titles.[/QUOTE]

it's hard to buy cheap arcade titles when you can get cheap AAA games, like I'm sure you'd have more fun playing Psychonauts ($2) then you would Toki Toki ($3.75)

[quote name='RockMySocks10']it's hard to buy cheap arcade titles when you can get cheap AAA games, like I'm sure you'd have more fun playing Psychonauts ($2) then you would Toki Toki ($3.75)[/QUOTE]

If you have $5.75 you can get both.

And it's not necessarily true people would/should have more fun playing "AAA" titles over "cheap arcade" titles. Plants vs Zombies was one of the best games I played last year.

this post made me lol. all games are a waste of time.

That's sort of like saying, why would I watch anything but Hollywood blockbusters. Some people just don't like those things.

This isn't a "cheap arcade game," though - this was a retail title (albeit for the Game Boy Color) that was ported to other systems after the fact, like this PC port eight years after initial release.

It's a full blown puzzle/platforming title that got glowing reviews both upon release and upon rerelease. You could do a lot worse for $3.75. :whistle2:s

Why limit yourself like that? Many of these cheap arcade games are worth playing just as much as the AAA titles. Often they can afford much greater risks with the cheaper arcade games, because they don't come with all of the expectations of a AAA title.

Man that was a dumb post.

Anyway, got the game. Thanks Mr. Walrus!

I bought this when it was first released on WiiWare. I never regretted it one bit.
[quote name='lorne']Thanks. Sort of reminds me of the Adventures of Lolo. The Missus might actually play it.[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a puzzle game. And you move around the screen, trying not to die. So I guess it is like Lolo. But I don't think anything compares to Lolo. It would have to be my all time favorite series of puzzle slving games. I'm still waiting for 3 on VC.

Totally worth $3.75 though.

Toki Tori is worth the price. Bought on the wii when it first came out and loved it (so did the gf, who beat it before I did). Its a good game, it can be get hard, but once you figure it out, the solution makes complete sense.

I was trying to remember what this reminded me of, then it hit me: a combination of Flappy and Lemmings. In for my girlfriend, perhaps for myself and brother as well.

kinda reminds me of this penguin game for the sega master system that i cant remember the name for the life of me

[quote name='sigmano9']kinda reminds me of this penguin game for the sega master system that i cant remember the name for the life of me[/QUOTE]

Pengo? Or maybe Penguin Land.

bread's done
Back