Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Special Edition at EB, for $120

ragnar14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Yes, it's only $80 in the USA. Maybe EB might correct the price when it's released, or they'll just screw anybody that wants one for an extra $20.

https://www.ebgames.ca/WiiU/Games/723800/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition

You can preorder online and pickup instore, so maybe stock isn't super limited. Or it could sellout today up here, there's no way to know...

Edit: One quick note, this has been available from Gamestop USA since it was announced. If you have some American friends you can get it cheaper by having them order it. Gamestop does ship it to Canada, for $20USD, making it $100USD. Don't do that...

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition/130255

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looks on a TMS #FE thread, ragnar. I saw this, but... ffs, $120 *sigh* I'm hoping it's like Bravely Second CE and Twilight Princess HD CE in that it gets price corrected closer to launch. Don't particularly like ordering from EB's online store, but I'll put in an order for good measure.

Is the DLC exclusive to the CE, or will it be downloadable later on? I already have the normal edition pre-ordered at Best Buy.

I'll go later on today, and put in a pre-order for it just to make sure. Worse comes to worse, I'll cancel my Best Buy order.

That price is just way too steep. I'm hoping for a drop before spending anything on it, which is a shame because I appreciate CEs that have DLC included.

That price is just way too steep. I'm hoping for a drop before spending anything on it, which is a shame because I appreciate CEs that have DLC included.
I caved in. There's a chance it will go down in price before launch, and the DLC will most likely end up being for the CE only.

This is exclusive to EB Games... Meaning we may well get screwed at $120 if there's no competition.

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/728948021141049344

Edit, I linked to Twitter so you could read the comments, not look at an unimportant tweet.

That would be weird, considering it's not exclusive in the US. Amazon/Best Buy/etc all had it for pre-order. I don't really think it'll actually be exclusive here.

Last time EB claimed Xenoblade Chronicles would be exclusive, and Best Buy/VGP eventually started to sell it.

Hmm…. yeah I hope they just mean you can only find it for preorder at EB at the moment! I guess i should put in a preorder there for now, and I can always cancel it.

Oh yeah, about the DLC in the TMS #FE LE, Siliconera reported: “It also includes the DLC codes for all five sets of planned downloadable content, which will be available at launch for $1.99 each if purchased separately.”

I believe the DLC includes scenarios and costumes?

Thank you for the updates!

[edit]

Actually, some googling around, and it looks like the LE was exclusive to GameStop and Amazon in the US?

Gematsu:
Dubbed the “Special Edition” in North America ($79.99, GameStop and Amazon-only) and “Fortissimo Edition” in Europe, the limited edition includes:
  • A copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for Wii U
  • Special box
  • 5×8 color art book
  • Six-song soundtrack CD and song cards
  • Sticker sheet
  • Download codes for all five sets of planned downloadable content – all will be released at launch and cost $1.99 separately
This is also reported by Nintendolife: and Polygon. At least they are also reporting that the DLC will be available outside the LE.

If the DLC does indeed end up being available at launch, I might just cancel my CE and keep my normal edition on pre-order. The extras in here are a bit disappointing, especially considering that they want $120+ tax in Canada.

bread's done
Back