Tom Clancy's EndWar - Gen Discussion & Info - Demo Now On XBLM

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
65632.gif

SAN FRANCISCO — April 24, 2007 —
Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that it is creating Tom Clancy's EndWar™, a new brand in the Tom Clancy series of video games. Led by strategy veteran and Ubisoft creative director Michael de Plater, Tom Clancy's EndWar™ is being developed by a world-class team at Ubisoft's Shanghai studio whose members have experience developing Ubisoft's hit franchises including Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®. Tom Clancy's EndWar™ is scheduled for release on next-generation consoles in fiscal year 2007/2008.

Set on the battlefields of World War III, Tom Clancy's EndWar will push the envelope of technology, showcasing artificial intelligence, graphics, physics and animations that were not possible prior to the launch of the new hardware systems. Tom Clancy's EndWar has been built from the ground up as a revolutionary war strategy game solely for next-generation consoles.

"Our development teams are invigorated to be creating the first 100 percent next-generation Tom Clancy brand," said Serge Hascoët, chief creative officer at Ubisoft. "Our success with Tom Clancy franchises is unparalleled in the next-generation and Tom Clancy's EndWar will be a marvelous addition to the already critically acclaimed library of games. A strategy game like no other, EndWar will allow gamers to lead their own armies against hundreds of others online in real global locations on the massive battlefields of World War III."

Ubisoft's Tom Clancy video games are consistently among the best-selling and most critically-acclaimed video game series in the industry. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® games have collectively sold more than 45 million units worldwide to date. In 2006, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas was named Best First Person Action Game of the Year by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ took home the Best Video Game of the Year award from the prestigious BAFTA awards.

Tom Clancy's EndWar is featured in a world-exclusive first look in the June issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, available on newsstands in North America on May 8, 2007.

http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=4530

No images or other info available, will update as soon as more info is revealed.

You're a minute late. Next time don't take so long typing it up xD

Hopefully some mod will come in and merge these two threads, or on of you can delete one.

Ubisoft Shanghai = Good. It's a TC game, I can all but guarantee I'll be picking it up when it hits $40 (two months after launch).

[quote name='PyroGamer']You're a minute late. Next time don't take so long typing it up xD

Hopefully some mod will come in and merge these two threads, or on of you can delete one.[/quote]

Whoa, just noticed that too. Sorry PsychoBrawler...

God yes another Tom Clancy game :)

Love Rainbow Six. My favorite FPS of this "next gen" so far.
Love Splinter Cell. It doesn't beat Metal Gear but they are two different stealth games.
Love Ghost Recon. Was one of the reasons to really buy a 360 during It's first year.

Hate Sum of all Fears for GC :( lmao.

Hope this turns out great.

[quote name='elsnow77']god not another fuckin tom clancy game

i don't get why everyone like those so much[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. And its set in WWII. No Thanks!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I look forward to playing it, in the Holiday 2009 season.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck?!?!? How are you gonna be able to play it early?

First details:

The first concrete details on Ubisoft's new Tom Clancy franchise EndWar have reached the internet via US mag Electronic Gaming Monthly, and we seem to be getting more excited with every morsel of info we hear.

In case you missed the initial announcement EndWar is essentially an RTS mish-mash of Clancy franchises built from the ground up for consoles.

Apparently it's being directed by ex-Creative Assembly man Michael de Plater, who worked on the legendary PC strategy series Total War.

Action plays out on a Risk-like campaign map with three factions, U.S. Joint Strike Force, European Enforcers and Russian Spetsnaz, available for war duties. According to Ubisoft, each campaign will be different, giving the example that if the US is conquered in one campaign you can start the next "to liberate U.S. soil with a massive new 'D-Day' landing on the East coast."

"[The Battle for Middle-earth II] was a test case for exactly what we didn't want to do", says the Endwar boss, in reference to re-mappping controls for a console RTS. In answer to this Ubisoft has gone for a tighter, up-close camera along with your bog-standard battlefield map.

Everything in the game is destructible and there's a limit of 12 squads in battle at one time, which you can personalise with your own special abilities, motto and heraldry.

Apparently, there's also some impressive feats in how the AI works in the game. According to the EGM article, squads of heavily armed soldiers, when ordered to a cluster of firebombed cars, will automatically take cover in different ways, taking potshots through windows and over hoods. If a soldier gets shot, one of his squad mates will even drag him back to safety.

The question is, will Ubisoft be able to conquer the dodgy joypad RTS controls we've seen up until now? Lets hope it manages to iron them out before EndWar hits 360 and PS3 early next year.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163060

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Hate Sum of all Fears for GC :( lmao.[/QUOTE]
That was a movie-liscence game, not really a "Tom Clancy Game" game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its an "RTS mish-mash" ;)[/quote]What in the heck does that mean?

If I can get some peons and peasants to mine me some Tiberium, I'm in. ;)

I'm always confused by how Ubisoft can give the studios that make the Tom Clancy games so much cash to make quality titles, and almost everything else that comes from them is utter crap. OH well, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

[quote name='PyroGamer']That was a movie-liscence game, not really a "Tom Clancy Game" game.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it was but still had the Tom Clancy name attached to it, but the main point was Ubisoft created it.

You know you gota feel for Nintendo owners! They haven't received shit console wise for any of the Tom Clancy games, and their biggest exclusive Red Steel (which I also played through) is not even a AAA title. All their Splinter Cell ports have sucked, and Far Cry Vengenance is a joke.

I think their best Wii title so far was Rayman Raving Rabids. Their Prince of Persia ports weren't too bad at all. But Tom Clancy wise their game selections are jokes. Of course their best Cube game would be Beyond Good and Evil, which was also on the XBox.

This game better be more like Full Spectrum Warrior and Less like CNC or else I will have to make Sam Fisher go all double agent on Ubisoft's ass.

Also those Pics are definately concept art, at least I hope.

[quote name='darthbudge']This game better be more like Full Spectrum Warrior and Less like CNC or else I will have to make Sam Fisher go all double agent on Ubisoft's ass.

Also those Pics are definately concept art, at least I hope.[/quote]

They look soft/blurry because they are scans from EGM I believe.

Game Details from EGM:

• Directed by Michael de Plater (formerly of Creative Assembly, where he worked on Total War)
  • Inspired by… Madden
  • No explicit multiplayer or single-player modes. 1 global campaign map for both game types
  • Three factions: U.S. Joint Strike Force, European Enforcers, and Russian Spetsnaz
  • Persistent Risk-like online campaign map. Everyone plays in this single, global campaign. The war ends when one faction conquers the majority of territories and then a new campaign starts.
  • Each campaign can be different. They give the example that if America is conquered in one campaign, they can start the next campaign “to liberate U.S. soil with a massive new ‘D-Day’ landing on the East coast.”
  • “[The Battle for Middle-earth II] was a test case for exactly what we didn’t want to do” (Referring to them taking a traditional PC RTS and re-mapping the controls)
  • “The first thing we did was ban any reference to the PC. We were determined to design it from the ground up for console.”
  • Camera is always attached to a unit. The idea is to remove the god-like vision found in RTS games by having a more realistic line of sight.
  • You can, however, toggle a full battlefield map where you can give your orders.
  • Voice-command system that can control every aspect of the game
  • 7 unit types: Riflemen, Engineers, Tanks, Transports, Helicopters, Artillery, and Command Vehicles
  • Limit of 12 units/squads in battle
  • Unit costs are all equal
  • No “magic”, meaning for something to get to the battlefield it needs to be delivered, etc.
  • “Everything is destructible”
  • On units: “It’s a battalion that you own. You can personalize it. You can customize it. You can choose its motto and its heraldry. You can change its compositions and abilities.
  • If your soldiers die, they are gone for good along with their upgrades. If they live they gain experience & medals.
  • “Nothing in EndWar seems more detailed and obsessed over than the surprisingly varied way soldiers act (and react) on the battlefield.”
  • For example: “Squadrons of heavily armed soldiers, when ordered to a cluster of firebombed cars, will automatically take cover in different ways, periodically taking potshots at the enemy through windows and over hoods. If a soldier gets shot, one of his squad mates will drag him back to safety”

All scans from EGM can be found here: http://www.xboxic.com/news/2838

Voice-command will more than likely fail. Getting perfect control out of it will be impossible and I can't wait to see the Madden crowd try there hand at this.

"Git yo shit ready men! Go get them n****s! WHAT? MAN, WACHA DOIN, STOP THAT, NAW MAN, WHAT THE fuck!"

Right before they trade in the game at EBGS, a full five minutes after purchase.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Voice-command will more than likely fail. Getting perfect control out of it will be impossible and I can't wait to see the Madden crowd try there hand at this.

"Git yo shit ready men! Go get them n****s! WHAT? MAN, WACHA DOIN, STOP THAT, NAW MAN, WHAT THE fuck!"

Right before they trade in the game at EBGS, a full five minutes after purchase.[/quote]

:rofl:

I too don't see this game making it. So far all I've heard has made me lose interest more and more in this title.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:rofl:

I too don't see this game making it. So far all I've heard has made me lose interest more and more in this title.[/quote]

Yeah... the new, pre-rendered video of the game looks silly IMO.

Bump!!!

Can anyone explain a little more the online multiplayer? I just started to get into this a little more. Like is it an actually MMO where you fight a bunch of people? or persistent? (whatever that means), or just like a 4v4 or something like that.

[quote name='TruVisionary']wow... an RTS has never given me a hard-on before...[/quote]

Starcraft 2 says hello.

I have heard podcasts, I believe it was 1ups, that felt that the voice commands were really well implemented into the game

New trailer and gameplay footage from Ubidays 2008.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BQepm685nm0[/media]

"Unit 2 attack Hostile 1."
"UNITARD BACK HOSTESS GONG"
"What? No. Unit 2 attack Hostile 1."
"UNICORN TIC TAC HOSPICE WON TON"
"No, damn it! Unit 2 atta--"

*enemy kills entire team*

"God damn it!"

*controller through window*

^what will really happen

Hmm...just signed up, doesn't seem to be a beta confirmation though, says that they'll review my info and get back to me.

Here's the link they gave me, in case it works for you guys:

endwarbeta.com/signup

EDIT: nope, seems that it was infact an invite.

Yeah, I signed up when someone posted that in the Deals board. Hehehe... ;) I await for the final e-mail days from now. Wee!

bread's done
Back