Tomb Raider $29.99 XBL GoD

AndrewCounty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I apologize, I can't post links yet.

I'm not sure if this is a deal or the regular price, but it beats the retail prices.  I picked it up and I've been very happy with it so far.  Also, it is a good time to offload some of the points from the Microsoft Store deal a little while back.

That's pretty good price.  Best buy is $49.99 and Amazon has it currently listed at $34.99.  I only wish I had the 6.57 GB of memory on my HD to get this.  Any word if this is a permanant price drop or a sale? 

This game keeps going down to $29.99... I know it's a good game, but it seems like people are having an issue paying full price for a primarily single player experience these days.

This game keeps going down to $29.99... I know it's a good game, but it seems like people are having an issue paying full price for a primarily single player experience these days.
I think it's more about we gamers have figured out that games drop in price pretty quickly these days. I was in the middle of Far Cry 3 when this came out. So I did not rush in to buy it (I finished just in time for Blooddragon), Glad I waited a few weeks. I got Best Buy to Price match Target on this game $39.99 I think. I also had a BB RZ certificate for $20.00 so I only paid $19.99 out of pocket. I also did a similar deal with BioShock Infinite

I am currently playing Tomb Raider and it is very good.

FYI I just got my Best Buy RZ gamer magizine and it has a coupon for $10.00 off Tomb Raider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this game any good? I bought this and the limited edition controller for $50 on craigslist, both are still sitting on my shelf unused though, like most stuff I buy on cag.

Is this game any good? I bought this and the limited edition controller for $50 on craigslist, both are still sitting on my shelf unused though, like most stuff I buy on cag.
So far, I think it's awesome. I've played Uncharted 2 and it plays a lot like that, except it has more open world style elements such as fast travel, so that you can revisit areas. The gameplay is a very cinematic type experience and the graphics are pretty top notch.

So far, I think it's awesome. I've played Uncharted 2 and it plays a lot like that, except it has more open world style elements such as fast travel, so that you can revisit areas. The gameplay is a very cinematic type experience and the graphics are pretty top notch.
Thanks I will need to check it out then, I loved the uncharted series

My favorite game of the year until June 14th.
BioShock Infinite has been mine so far, although I'm sure the Last of Us will give it a run for its money. Good time to be a gamer.

Those of you wondering how the game is.. it's excellent. One of my favorite TPS's of the generation (think tighter Uncharted combat mixed with Arkham Asylum's exploration). That said, I bet you will be able to find a physical copy for the same price or cheaper in the near future.

Those of you wondering how the game is.. it's excellent. One of my favorite TPS's of the generation (think tighter Uncharted combat mixed with Arkham Asylum's exploration). That said, I bet you will be able to find a physical copy for the same price or cheaper in the near future.
I agree. I would have liked a physical copy, but I had a lot of MS points stored up that made the download version a good buy for me, and I'm glad I picked it up. I have to say though, physical copies of games are getting more disappointing all the time. When I bought the new Devil May Cry, it's the first time I've ever opened a brand new copy of a game and there was nothing but a game disc inside. No manual, no advertisement inserts, no DLC codes, nothing at all.

Great deal.. I bought this the day it came out on GoD..

I used that Microsoft promo Code at the microsoft store and bought 2 1200MSP codes for 4.99 each.. so the total i paid for this game was 9.98 =]

I enjoyed it so far.. i got stuck at a village with some wolves holwing at the camptain who passed out.. but ill probably pick it back up today since im off =]

I went ahead and bought some more points for when Dead Island Riptide comes to demand..

To those with dwindling hard drive capacity (I'm at ~85GB remaining on my 320GB drive), this one is around 5.7GB in size.  Add a little more with DLC maps and such.

Actually, Tomb Raider sold well. Something like over 3 million copies. It was just considered a disappointment by Square because other games of their's had underperformed, so they were expecting Tomb Raider to pick up the slack

Edit: Also, it has been about 3 months since the game was released. It's pretty common these days for games to drop to the $30-40 price point after only a few months of release.

bread's done
Back