Tomb Raider $34.99 - Plus Hitman Absolution for Free with Purchase @ Newegg (DEAD)

I was just about to post the same thing to warn others who might be in the same situation. I tried chatting with Newegg to argue that I was expecting 2 games for $34.99 and that the $8 discount seems arbitrary. I told them I wouldn't have paid $26.99 for Tomb Raider by itself. They wouldn't do anything to adjust it except to say that you can refuse delivery. I haven't had any issues with Newegg before, but just felt like this was pretty bad service on their part. If it had been Amazon, they most likely would've been more accommodating.
The ppl who are having this issue, are you guys buying the PS3 versions?

Yeah, that's a pretty bad tradeoff. It's moot because mine isn't having any issues, but they're processing my order as $19.99 for Hitman and $34.99-19.99 for Tomb Raider.

Thanks.  Purchased the PS3 versions yesterday.  It shows that they both shipped on my account.  Sucks for those who didn't get Hitman though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!  Normally, shipping is great from Newegg even without ShopRunner, what with me living in New York City and the Newegg distribution center being just across the Hudson River in Edison.  But I got my order in less than 24 hours through ShopRunner.  I'm impressed!  In any case, this is an awesome deal and I'm glad I found it here on CAG.  The super fast shipping sweetens the deal.

Just thought I'd mention that the PS3 deal is 'alive' again. I just put in an order right now and Hitman was included - now I don't know if they'll cancel Hitman due to stock issues and give me the reduced rate on Tomb Raider, (which isn't worth it as a few posters mentioned earlier in this thread) but for the time being everything is good.

Thanks OP!

Just thought I'd mention that the PS3 deal is 'alive' again. I just put in an order right now and Hitman was included - now I don't know if they'll cancel Hitman due to stock issues and give me the reduced rate on Tomb Raider, (which isn't worth it as a few posters mentioned earlier in this thread) but for the time being everything is good.

Thanks OP!
Let me know if you get the Hitman, if so, I'll be contacting Newegg for sure.

Ps3 one back in stock and American Express card members get a free year of Shoprunner. $35 with free shipping.

Thanks OP :)

As an update, Tomb Raider arrived today (I ordered yesterday; Newegg has really fast shipping since they have a dist center here in Southern Cali). The weird thing is Hitman: Absolution is still listed as 'Packaging' - I hope that doesn't mean they will pull it from my order due to stock.

I'm playing through Tomb Raider right now. It is really really good. Easily the best Tomb Raider ever made and the best game I've played in a few months. Hitman is pretty meh. Very disappointing game after the perfection that was Blood Money.
Really, you found Hitman disappointing? Blood Money is still my favorite, but if you enjoyed Blood Money, you should have definitely enjoyed Absolution

tempting but with shipping and tax these games are $20 each for me.  I can wait to get them for less eventually.

Really, you found Hitman disappointing? Blood Money is still my favorite, but if you enjoyed Blood Money, you should have definitely enjoyed Absolution
If the disguise system was the same as Blood Money I would have liked Absolution more. Completely ruining the disguise system completely ruined the game for me. I wouldn't call it broken like I've seen people say a million times as it was an intentional decision to ruin it but Blood Money was just so absolutely great because of the disguise system I'll never understand why they changed it.

Finally got to place an order for PS3. I really hope I get both games for $34.99 and everyone they cancelled on gets an appropriate price adjustment or the free game they were promised.

Thank you for posting this. $17.50 per game is pretty sweet. Tomb Raider is probably going to hold at $30-$40 new for awhile so not bad at all.

Wow you are lucky they did because I know my Best Buy certainly wouldn't. My BB are anal people when it comes to policies. You must have some nice managers.

my bestbuy wouldnt price match target for $29.99 because it came with the comic book and they said it was an "exclusive edition" and since target doesn't have the "exclusive" edition on their website they wouldn't match it. well i have news for you the "exclusive edition" isn't on bestbuy.com either

my bestbuy wouldnt price match target for $29.99 because it came with the comic book and they said it was an "exclusive edition" and since target doesn't have the "exclusive" edition on their website they wouldn't match it. well i have news for you the "exclusive edition" isn't on bestbuy.com either
My target still has their Steelbook Editions. If you want I can get you one.

Newegg rocks, got my $229 500GB ACIII PS3 bundle and these two games for $35 bucks on Friday.

Dueces M$

bread's done
Back