Tomb Raider

glad to see so many positive reviews, I'm really looking forward to picking this one up. Does seem a bit odd to give a perfect score if one part of the game, the multiplayer, is rather lousy, but I suppose the other parts make up for it, and it is your review after all:)

I think that Ico and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time are prime examples of games that proved the importance of movement and animation in these types of games. We tend to take that for granted these days.

I gotta agree, this game is really good. I am a fan of the series, an Legend got it back to being good, but this one...WOW...

I just finished it last night. It feels intense and from the very first scene, it is a very good game. I really got into it and didn't want to stop.

I loved this game. I kinda get why it got low reviews on some sites. She was a bit super human at times but still a fun ass game

Thanks for the review, I've definitely been eyeing this one for a few weeks now.

I'm really enjoying your reviews by the way, keep up the good work.

Thanks for the review! Gets me amped to play it. I have this game in the backlog and planning on finishing this by atleast BF.

It's a good review,but I don't understand the perfect score with the terrible multiplayer. Yeah it was developed outside of Crystal Dynamics by Eidos Montreal,but it's still part of the game,so it should be taken into consideration when scoring it the game as a whole.

That's an approach I've always disagreed strongly with. If a game comes with separate components, I'd rather that the better one reflect its official score, since you're in fact getting that game in the package. There is no obligation to play multiplayer in Tomb Raider, in fact, its mere existence is just a bonus when you look at it that way.  It's there if you want to try it, but it has no relevance to the single player. "Scoring the game as a whole" just doesn't make sense when, as a whole,  there are literally 2 games on the same disc that are completely unrelated, one being a million times better than the other. If they were intertwined, then things would be different. Few games do that sort of thing, though.

I mean, what's your favorite game of all time? Imagine it had some bullshit tacked onto it, like adding Horse Racing Mode to Ocarina of Time. So, now your originally 10/10 review is notched down to a 9.5? That's just a petty, confusing, and absurd practice, in my mind. 

bread's done
Back