Tomorrow's Classics

Game Barker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've been running around lately, trying to add many rare games to my collection. I've come to find that some of these games were cheaper at certain points during their life than they are now.

I'd like to open discussion for tomorrow's classics. Good, maybe under appreciated games that have come out that, tomorrow, will be hard to find, or maybe a bit pricey.

Basically, tomorrow's ICO.

I'd say that Zack and Wiki for Wii will be one of them.

It's really tough to say. I guess it really depends how many years out you project. Nothing is that hard to find if you're willing to pony up for it, but in terms of current-gen games which might end up being scarce and will be highly sought after in, say, 10 years.. Valkyria Chronicles jumps to mind immediately, maybe Demon's Souls would be hard to come by.

Like I said, it's hard to project these things.

The most recent one I can think of is Demon Souls, at least the Deluxe Edition of it. I think that will probably become pretty hard to get and pretty expensive as well.

Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are the big ones that come to mind. And I doubt many will agree, but I think that Killer 7 will be considered one of the cult classics in a few years.

[quote name='Scorch']Indigo Prophecy is soooooo good.[/QUOTE]

I must have clicked on the wrong thread. I thought this was "tomorrow's classics", not "most overrated" ;)

Atlus games might be a good bet. Demon Souls was brought up earlier but a lot of their earlier ps2 games are hard to find even now. Some of their stuff that might be hard to get your hands on might be anything with the Shin Megami Tensei brand before Persona 3 and 4. So SMT: Devil Summoner games (esp part 2 with the plush Jack Frost Raidio), SMT: Nocturne, maybe even Persona 3 with the artbook or P3:FES with artbook, Disgea/Makai Kingdom/La Pucelle can be tough to grab.

Someone also mentioned Valkiria Chronicles which might be a good bet, besides that kind of game is rare in this gen anyway.

Mayyyybe the first wave Blazeblue stuff. High quality 2D fighters are few and far between now a days.

THere is some stuff on the DS which are hard to find now like Hoshigami Remix, or the Korg DS-10 (it basically turns your DS into an FX pad :D)

It's just nearly impossible to predict supply and demand with video games. Who would have thought that PS1 RPGS would be so valuable when PS2 RPGS are practically worthless?

[quote name='kingkiller33']It's just nearly impossible to predict supply and demand with video games. Who would have thought that PS1 RPGS would be so valuable when PS2 RPGS are practically worthless?[/QUOTE]

True. I'm just happy with my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 :)

bread's done
Back