Tons of FREE TV shows on Xbox Live Market place

Sacsquash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I noticed this late yesterday night, and forgot to post on CAG. I did attempt to search to see if this was already posted somewhere, but it was a very brief search.

I guess NBC is promoting a bunch of their television series including sister companies such as Sci Fi channel and USA and their giving a way a bunch of free episodes approx. one from each series I'm about to list. Most episodes are from the most recent season airing this year.

9/22/2008
Chuck
(episode 1, season 2) HD NOT AVAILABLE

Life (episode 1, season 2)
Gemini Division (episode 1, season 1) HD NOT AVAILABLE
Gemini Division (episode 2, season 1) HD NOT AVAILABLE
9/18/2008
30 Rock (episode 8, season 2)
edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Heroes (episode 1, season 2) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Psych (episode1, season 3) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Monk (episode 1, season 7) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Knight Rider(2008) (episode 1, season 1)
Battle Star Galactica (episode 1, season 4)
Eureka (episode 1, season 3) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The Office (episode 1, season 4) edit: NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Lipstick Jungle (episode 1, season 2)

Enjoy all the free HD content, I know I will :lol: edit: NO IDEA WHEN THIS DEAL EXPIRES (according to DaftPunkFan37 looks like the deal has a set number of downloads per episode)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are all free in HD on iTunes as well. They were released as part of the new iTunes 8.0 update and it seems like NBC is just trying to pimp their shows and networks as much as they can.

Heh, I downloaded all of them... my hard drive isn't big enough to hold everything unfortunately. So I deleted them as I got them, just so I could have them for free and watch later.

[quote name='Owen']Those are all free in HD on iTunes as well. They were released as part of the new iTunes 8.0 update and it seems like NBC is just trying to pimp their shows and networks as much as they can.[/quote]

Yeah I figured as much, do you happen to know if there are any other shows being promoted?

[quote name='Sacsquash']Yeah I figured as much, do you happen to know if there are any other shows being promoted?[/QUOTE]

You are missing two shows, the In Plain Sight pilot and Life pilot episodes.

I've always thought that the networks should make the first episode of every show (and maybe the first episode of every season) permanently free on services like iTunes/Xbox Live Marketplace. Seems like a good way to build an audience for a show.

[quote name='Owen']You are missing two shows, the In Plain Sight pilot and Life pilot episodes.[/quote]

Checked 'em out, not free as far as I can tell. I would love to download the Life Pilot episode.

I guess there are a couple more as I was just looking at the show names you listed, not the actual episodes. For The Office its actually the first 2 episodes from Season 4. And for Lipstick Jungle they have the pilot and the Season 2 premier.

[quote name='Sacsquash']
I guess NBC (it's owned by M$oft I believe) [/quote]

FYI, NBC (and Universal Studios) is owned by GE. MS & NBC are in a joint business venture with the MSNBC channel.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm not interested in half of these shows. But they are free, and I have a 120GB hard drive, so I'm getting them.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. In for all of them!

And thanks op!

If you're interested you can also watch all of these and more at Hulu.com (that sounded like a commercial). You can stream from there to your Xbox 360 or PS3 using Media Mall PlayOn software.

I didnt mind the Knight Rider movie NBC has on last year. After watching the first episode of the show I will say this, WORST SHOW ON TV. If it didnt have the Knight Rider name attached no one would watch this.

[quote name='Sacsquash']I guess NBC (it's owned by M$oft I believe) ... [/QUOTE] NBC is owned by GE. They just have a large partnership deal with MS.

I'll get Heroes, The Office, and I guess Battlestar Galactica. Might get Monk too. Free is free, but hard drive space is going to be tight after this.

Man, this is why they need a filter on XBLM for free content. I never would have found any of this.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']FYI, NBC (and Universal Studios) is owned by GE. MS & NBC are in a joint business venture with the MSNBC channel.[/quote]

Figured they were affiliated one way or another, didn't feel like looking into it before the post though. Thanks for the info:)

[quote name='Sacsquash']Heh, I downloaded all of them... my hard drive isn't big enough to hold everything unfortunately. So I deleted them as I got them, just so I could have them for free and watch later.[/QUOTE]

Doing this as well, Thanks.

Just a forewarning for those downloading, an Hour HD Program is 1.9GB!!! So I would really not recommend getting those (I only went HD on The Office)

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Just a forewarning for those downloading, an Hour HD Program is 1.9GB!!! So I would really not recommend getting those (I only went HD on The Office)[/quote]

Heh, yeah HD content takes up a considerable amount of space on the HDD, but come on it's HD:D. I'm willing to take the bullet...

I think they should be free all the time. Most of these shows can be watched on the official websites for free. At most, they should cost ten cents or something small. Maybe the next gen systems will have a TV tuner.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Just a forewarning for those downloading, an Hour HD Program is 1.9GB!!! So I would really not recommend getting those (I only went HD on The Office)[/quote]
Unless you have the 120GB HDD like me :D

i like the idea of making the first episode of a show available for free. Life for example is a great detective show that hasn't gotten much attention. and it got moved to Friday nights which is not exactly a good ratings night.

anyway, if i had more hard drive space, i'd probably grab these. maybe i'll just grab the licenses for them like some guy mentioned earlier.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']i like the idea of making the first episode of a show available for free. Life for example is a great detective show that hasn't gotten much attention. and it got moved to Friday nights which is not exactly a good ratings night.

anyway, if i had more hard drive space, i'd probably grab these. maybe i'll just grab the licenses for them like some guy mentioned earlier.[/QUOTE]

I like Life so that is why since I couldn't watch it at 10 when they would show it I watched most of the season on the internet since Hulu.com has the whole first season for free. Hulu.com is owned by NBC so that is where I watch most of their shows that I can't catch on tv.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']? Just delete the episode when you're done. Unless you REALLY want a single episode of some show sitting on your hard drive...[/QUOTE]

That is why the only thing that I own TV wise on my 20GB Hard Drive is the Roast of Bob Saget Uncensored in SD.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='musha666']I didnt mind the Knight Rider movie NBC has on last year. After watching the first episode of the show I will say this, WORST SHOW ON TV. If it didnt have the Knight Rider name attached no one would watch this.[/QUOTE]

How could you think that Knight Rider would be any good. In the premiere movie, KITT can go 120 miles per hours on a wild mountain road that curves all over the place. But he can't outrun a Ford Edge.

I probably shouldn't have cued up four of these shows to download. My 360s still trying to download 'em 12 hours later.

Question: If I set my 360 to enable background downloads, if I turn on my system, then turn it back off, will it resume downloading at shut down, or will I have to start the download again?

Downloaded the free 30 Rock. It's a good one; everyone should grab it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I probably shouldn't have cued up four of these shows to download. My 360s still trying to download 'em 12 hours later.

Question: If I set my 360 to enable background downloads, if I turn on my system, then turn it back off, will it resume downloading at shut down, or will I have to start the download again?[/QUOTE]

It'll resume.

HD download Quality SUCKS!

It CAN'T compare to Physical media formats (Blu-ray), but it's FREE so I am not going to complain about it too much.

So wait, I can DL then delete and then re-download if I want wen I get a new 360 Hard Drive? Will it be kept on my account or console as a reciept or somethin like that?

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']So wait, I can DL then delete and then re-download if I want wen I get a new 360 Hard Drive? Will it be kept on my account or console as a reciept or somethin like that?[/quote]
When you download the shows, if you go to "Account Management" and then click "Download History", the shows should be listed under "Videos". You should be able to just re-download them once you get a new 360 hard drive.

I just downloaded the HD versions of all of the shows and then deleted them from my current 20GB hard drive, so when I get a 60GB hard drive, I can just re-download them and have more space available.

bread's done
Back