•From Autumn to Ashes - Fear's "Let's Have a War"
•Hot Snakes - Government Issue's "Time to Escape"
•Thrice - Minor Threat's "Seeing Red"/"Screaming at a Wall"
•Saves the Day - The Dead Boys' "Sonic Reducer"
•My Chemical Romance - The Misfits' "Astro Zombies"
•Rise Against - Black Flag's "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie"/"Fix Me"
•Dropkick Murphys - The Adolescents' "Who Is Who"
•The Bled - Bad Brains' "House of Suffering" [/quote]

What's wrong with the originals? Why must these snivelling emo prats get recognition for someone superior's work? Granted, this is a marked improvement over having these bands play their own songs, but goddamn.

Maybe I'm just too old. It's more likely that this is a shitty idea, though.

I hope that they get more varied on the genres on American Wastelane, though they don't need to go so far as getting ol' blue eyes on there again. Nothing against the man, but he ain't skatable, you know.

EDIT: It would appear that, after further inspection, the only thing anybody seems to know about TSOL anymore is that they were the sissy band in Roger Corman's Suburbia. The song choices for this soundtrack resemble that thought. No Code Blue? Abolish Government/Silent Majority? Goddamn these people have no taste, instead picking the TSOL shit that sounds like Mannheim fucking Steamroller.

The Tony Hawk soundtracks have been steadily going downhill since 3. So has the game play. Its sad, that was my favorite series for awhile.

[quote name='onetrackmind']thursday, dropkick murphys, and alkaline trio are 3 amazing bands[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion; with that in mind, please disregard what I have to say.

Dropkick are...ok, but disappointing. Their first major full-length (Do or Die) was very good, paint-by-numbers Oi!. I was ecstatic to hear that Al Barr was going to be their new singer, b/c his previous work (with The Bruisers) was fantastic (albeit not lyrically).

The next four-five records ("Gang's All Here" onward) were some of the most disappointing fucking album I've ever heard. You can't shine shit, but apparently it can play the bagpipes. Their most recent album (Warrior's Code?) is the best of the Barr stuff, but that's not saying much; some of the songs are good and catchy, and sound classic. Some of it ("Sunshine Highway") sounds like these motherfuckers want to audition for Sha-Na-Na.

I recommend searching for Street Dogs, a more straightforward rocknroll band with Mike McColgan (sp?) singing (the "Do or Die" singer) in a band whose very existence, like so many others, is 100% dependent upon The Clash (a very good thing).

I can't say I've heard Alkaline Trio, but in regards to Thursday, I have this to say: if I wanted to listen to pussies, I'll play my Smiths albums, thank-you-very-much.

Again, opinion...no flame war, por favor.

[quote name='onetrackmind']thursday, dropkick murphys, and alkaline trio are 3 amazing bands[/QUOTE]

Thursday's okay, the other two blow.

As rabidmonkeys said, since 3, the soundtracks have been steadily going downhill.. and as usual, I will load up my 25-or-so track custom soundtrack specifically made for Tony Hawk games. It works quite well.

[quote name='mykevermin']I respect your opinion; with that in mind, please disregard what I have to say.

Dropkick are...ok, but disappointing. Their first major full-length (Do or Die) was very good, paint-by-numbers Oi!. I was ecstatic to hear that Al Barr was going to be their new singer, b/c his previous work (with The Bruisers) was fantastic (albeit not lyrically).

The next four-five records ("Gang's All Here" onward) were some of the most disappointing fucking album I've ever heard. You can't shine shit, but apparently it can play the bagpipes. Their most recent album (Warrior's Code?) is the best of the Barr stuff, but that's not saying much; some of the songs are good and catchy, and sound classic. Some of it ("Sunshine Highway") sounds like these motherfuckers want to audition for Sha-Na-Na.

I recommend searching for Street Dogs, a more straightforward rocknroll band with Mike McColgan (sp?) singing (the "Do or Die" singer) in a band whose very existence, like so many others, is 100% dependent upon The Clash (a very good thing).

I can't say I've heard Alkaline Trio, but in regards to Thursday, I have this to say: if I wanted to listen to pussies, I'll play my Smiths albums, thank-you-very-much.

Again, opinion...no flame war, por favor.[/QUOTE]

I agree about dropkick but i think the gangs all here was a really good album. I'll check out strreet dogs, im sure i'll be pleasantly surprised since you do seem to have knowledge and similar taste in music.

Alkaline Trio is a really good band, started off chicago punk, there first 3 albums are fantastic (all on asian man records) then they left to go to vagrant and from here to infirmary was pretty good, there follow up "good mourning" was awful and they just released "crimson" which is ok but not like they used to be.

[quote name='Scorch']Thursday's okay, the other two blow.

As rabidmonkeys said, since 3, the soundtracks have been steadily going downhill.. and as usual, I will load up my 25-or-so track custom soundtrack specifically made for Tony Hawk games. It works quite well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, thank god for custom soundtracks.

Terrible soundtrack, horrible bands in my opinion. I'm sure the pop-punk, pink and black trucker hat wearing kids will eat it up. I wonder if the Xbox 360 version will have custom soundtracks?

OK.. my soundtrack has 24 tracks. Off the top of my head, I can remember that "Whatever" song, songs by The Ataris, Thrice, Andrew WK, Blindside, CKY, and a bunch of other random bands from Warped Tour 2003.. who do you guys use?

Wait a second, who disses the pink and black!? Oh, the trucker hats.. god, those look so retarded.

[quote name='Scorch']OK.. my soundtrack has 24 tracks. Off the top of my head, I can remember that "Whatever" song, songs by The Ataris, Thrice, Andrew WK, Blindside, CKY, and a bunch of other random bands from Warped Tour 2003.. who do you guys use?

Wait a second, who disses the pink and black!? Oh, the trucker hats.. god, those look so retarded.[/QUOTE]

Nothing's wrong with pink and black, especially when it comes to Bret "The Hitman" Hart. I just don't like the pop-punk, emo pink and black thing.

I agree they shouldn't remake all these, but I've heard Thrice's covers and they're pretty good, a few if not all are even better than the originals.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Terrible soundtrack, horrible bands in my opinion. I'm sure the pop-punk, pink and black trucker hat wearing kids will eat it up. I wonder if the Xbox 360 version will have custom soundtracks?[/QUOTE]

Didn't they state at some point that every 360 game would incorporate custom soundtracks? I remember reading that at some point, but I'm not sure what to believe right now.

Look how lame these posers look....
sounds03.jpg

Now, look how much cooler Bret looks....
bret7.gif

Are you kidding?

•Taking Back Sunday - BEST BAND EVER
•Senses Fail - 2nd BEST BAND EVER
•Alkaline Trio - 3rd BEST BAND EVER
•Emanuel - 4th BEST BAND EVER
•Fall Out Boy - 5th BEST BAND EVER
•Thursday - 6th BEST BAND EVER
•From Autumn to Ashes - 7th BEST BAND EVER
•Hot Snakes - 8th BEST BAND EVER
•Thrice - 9th BEST BAND EVER
•Saves the Day - 10th BEST BAND EVER
•My Chemical Romance - 11th BEST BAND EVER
•Rise Against - 12th BEST BAND EVER
•Dropkick Murphys - 13th BEST BAND EVER
•The Bled - 14th BEST BAND EVER

*dies*

I might never play another game again!!!!! :arrow:

[quote name='shipwreck']Didn't they state at some point that every 360 game would incorporate custom soundtracks? I remember reading that at some point, but I'm not sure what to believe right now.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it. I wish, but with games like Call of Duty and Battlefield, they'll want an "intense experience" with music that changes with the game. I'd like the option, though.

Bret Hart is the man. Anyway, I agree that they need some more diversity on the tony hawk soundtracks. Out of the tony hawk games thus far, I'd have to say that number 4 has the best soundtrack, but custom soundtracks are always welcome.

[quote name='Scorch']I seriously doubt it. I wish, but with games like Call of Duty and Battlefield, they'll want an "intense experience" with music that changes with the game. I'd like the option, though.[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn that Allard mentioned something about it at E3.

[quote name='javeryh']Are you kidding?

•Taking Back Sunday - BEST BAND EVER
•Senses Fail - 2nd BEST BAND EVER
•Alkaline Trio - 3rd BEST BAND EVER
•Emanuel - 4th BEST BAND EVER
•Fall Out Boy - 5th BEST BAND EVER
•Thursday - 6th BEST BAND EVER
•From Autumn to Ashes - 7th BEST BAND EVER
•Hot Snakes - 8th BEST BAND EVER
•Thrice - 9th BEST BAND EVER
•Saves the Day - 10th BEST BAND EVER
•My Chemical Romance - 11th BEST BAND EVER
•Rise Against - 12th BEST BAND EVER
•Dropkick Murphys - 13th BEST BAND EVER
•The Bled - 14th BEST BAND EVER

*dies*

I might never play another game again!!!!! :arrow:[/QUOTE]

I only know you're joking (I hope) because Pearl Jam isn't on that list.

I can't believe that people couldn't tell that he was being sarcastic and labeled them by track number. It once again proves my point that very few people here actually have a sense of humor.

[quote name='Scorch']I can't believe that people couldn't tell that he was being sarcastic and labeled them by track number. It once again proves my point that very few people here actually have a sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is unbelievable. That being said this soundtrack does look pretty awful.

[quote name='evanft']javeryh, congratulations on having horrible taste in music.[/QUOTE]

This is funny on so many levels:
  1. You thought I was serious.
  2. You think you actually know what is and isn't "horrible taste in music" when in fact no one does because it's purely subjective

Last time I checked the Hot Snakes couldn't really be considered emo. I actually like the 2 albums of theirs I have heard (I think they have 3). Perhaps this is their attempt to make it big. To that I say a big fuck you to them!

for the people wondering about custom soundtracks, here's the scoop. custom soundtracks on the xbox 360 aren't handled in the same way as they were on the original xbox. for the original system, it was the developer's choice as to whether or not they would include the feature. but with xbox 360, custom soundtracks are a built in option, meaning that you can have your music playing on every single xbox 360 game whether the developer likes it or not. you can have music on your harddrive, music streamed via an mp3 player through one of the usb ports, and i've even heard you can directly transfer files over from your pc, although i'm not positive about this.

for a good demonstration of this, check out the video of kameo on this page:

http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1581_en.html

the music integration during gameplay doesn't happen until the last part of the video. if it wasn't for custom soundtracks, i'm not sure i could still play tony hawk games.

[quote name='trent82']for the people wondering about custom soundtracks, here's the scoop. custom soundtracks on the xbox 360 aren't handled in the same way as they were on the original xbox. for the original system, it was the developer's choice as to whether or not they would include the feature. but with xbox 360, custom soundtracks are a built in option, meaning that you can have your music playing on every single xbox 360 game whether the developer likes it or not. you can have music on your harddrive, music streamed via an mp3 player through one of the usb ports, and i've even heard you can directly transfer files over from your pc, although i'm not positive about this.

for a good demonstration of this, check out the video of kameo on this page:

http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1581_en.html

the music integration during gameplay doesn't happen until the last part of the video. if it wasn't for custom soundtracks, i'm not sure i could still play tony hawk games.[/QUOTE]

Are custom sound tracks like listening to a cd player or do you still get to hear all the other sound effects for the game over the music?

[quote name='javeryh']This is funny on so many levels:
  1. You thought I was serious.
  2. You think you actually know what is and isn't "horrible taste in music" when in fact no one does because it's purely subjective
[/QUOTE]

1. I knew you were being sarcastic.

[quote name='Apossum']that soundtrack is a big "fuck you" to punk history.[/QUOTE]

Finally someone hits upon what this truly means. I'm still in a state of shock. How? Why?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit: seriously who has the fucking gall to do this shit, and how did they get the rights to these songs!?!?!? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

[quote name='javeryh']Are custom sound tracks like listening to a cd player or do you still get to hear all the other sound effects for the game over the music?[/QUOTE]
not sure...i'd hope that you could still hear the sound effects. i'm sure the smart companies, like bizarre creations, will make sure you can still hear the car sounds in pgr3.

alkaline trio sucks live( they make awesome cds though), dropkick kicks ass live and the gang all here was my favorite album of there's. thursday's alright. havent heard of the others, i'm too old school. I liked the soundtrack on 3 and 4. I think.

Ehh I like a couple of those bands, not that it is going to matter because I am sick of all the tony hawk games....just too much of the same for me, and people complain about madden...

Hot Snakes is the jam. The songs these bands are covering are all amazing, so it couldn't be that bad. Dead Boys, Government Issue, Bad Brains, Gorilla Biscuits. I approve.

*sigh* A sad day indeed. I have been, and still am, a huge Hawk fan, and I've always greatly enjoyed the THPS/THUG soundtracks. Hell, I can't count how many bands those games have gotten me into. But to see this, oi. I enjoy a good cover, and I do like some of those bands on the list (ok, mainly the Dropkick Murphys, who I basically love), but, shit, this is just an awful idea. 24 classic punk covers done by current punk and emo bands? Ugh. x2 million. I'm sure I'll still get the game, but I'll probably have to pick up the Xbox version, so I can listen to my own punk. And hip-hop. And whatever the fuck else I want.

Anyone know if there are gonna be any other songs in the soundtrack? 24 seems awfully light, so I'm hoping there is still the possibility for some redemption.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']Finally someone hits upon what this truly means. I'm still in a state of shock. How? Why?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit: seriously who has the fucking gall to do this shit, and how did they get the rights to these songs!?!?!? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK[/QUOTE]

Obviously whoever has the rights to the songs (either the bands, song writer or label - more likely the label) sold them the rights. I am thinking that was a retorical (sp?) question though. ;)

I can see how people are a little upset, but I don't see what the HUGE deal is to be honest. So some emo bands are going to butcher your favorite punk bands songs. Who the fuck cares? Will that make the original versions shitty too? Obviously not. The drama is not necessary people. All this bitching about the soundtrack is bordering on emo-kid drama if you ask me. :roll:

[quote name='chickenhawk']Obviously whoever has the rights to the songs (either the bands, song writer or label - more likely the label) sold them the rights. I am thinking that was a retorical (sp?) question though. ;)

I can see how people are a little upset, but I don't see what the HUGE deal is to be honest. So some emo bands are going to butcher your favorite punk bands songs. Who the fuck cares? Will that make the original versions shitty too? Obviously not. The drama is not necessary people. All this bitching about the soundtrack is bordering on emo-kid drama if you ask me. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Replace "emo bands" with "Ashley Simpson" and you've got my hangup with it. I have equal contempt for all of their momentarily stylish nuances and lack of originality. There are going to be many children who think of "I Slit My Bleeding Wrists" or some other similarly named band as the original performers of Sonic Reducer or another song. Prefabs deserve no such credit, and the poor children will never be exposed to the classics.

Think of the children, man!

[quote name='trent82']not sure...i'd hope that you could still hear the sound effects. i'm sure the smart companies, like bizarre creations, will make sure you can still hear the car sounds in pgr3.[/QUOTE]

With custom soundtracks, its quite literally replacing thier music with yours. Sound effects, pauses, glitches all effect YOUR music. Kinda neat, and i hope to god that they make the PSP's version customizable

[quote name='radjago']Here's a rational thought. How about we actually listen to the songs before deciding they suck?[/QUOTE]

They're covers of older songs by new, crap bands (except for Thrice, Thursday and some MCR). They will suck.

Just bumping this up for some interesting news. The so-called soundtrack you've been bashing is just the CD soundtrack that will be released along with the game. These songs are to be joined with the ones below for the full in-game soundtrack of over 60 songs:

LICENSED IN-GAME TRACKS

Green Day – “Holiday”
Bloc Party – “Like Eating Glass (Tony Hawk Mix)”
Thrice – “Image of the Invisible”
The Bravery – “Unconditional”
Dead Kennedys – “California Über Alles”
The Doors – “Peace Frog”
Motley Crüe – “Live Wire”
Public Enemy – “Burn Hollywood Burn”
Black Flag – “Rise Above”
The Faint – “I Disappear”
Oingo Boingo – “Who Do You Want To Be”
Frank Black – “Los Angeles”
Rob Sonic – “Sniper Picnic”
Sham 69 – “Borstal Breakout”
Death From Above 1979 – “Little Girl”
Venon – “Black Metal”
Spirit Caravan- “Dove-Tongued Agressor”
Scissor Sisters – “Filthy/Gorgeous”
The God Awfuls – “Watch It Fall”
Molemen (featuring Slug and MF Doom) – “Put Your Quarter Up”
High on Fire – “Devilution”
Mastodon – “Iron Tusk”
Pig Destroyer – “Gravedancer”
Tommy Guerrero – “Organism”
Strike Anywhere – “Question the Answer”
Prefuse 73 – “One Word Extinguisher”
Pest – “Duke Kerb Crawler”
D. R. I. – “Couch Slouch”
Breakestra – “Champ”
EI P – “Jukie Skate Rock”
SNFU – “Better Homes And Gardens”
7 seconds – “We're Gonna Fight”
Felix da Housecat – “Everyone Is Someone in LA”
The Riverboat Gamblers – “Hey! Hey! Hey!”
Ungh – “Skate Afrikkana”
Circle Jerks – “Wild in the Streets”
Bobot Adrenaline – “Penalty Box”
Lair of the Minotaur – “Warlord”
An Endless Sporadic – “Sun of Pearl”
Del Tha Funky Homosapien – “Burnt”
Fatlip – “What's up Fatlip”
Bad Religion – “We're Only Gonna Die”
Good Riddance – “30 day wonder”
The Network – “Teenagers From Mars”
The Casualties – “Get off my Back”
The Thunderlords – “I Like Dirt”
USSR – “Live Near Death”
Mike Vallely – “Vendetta”
Nassim – “Rawhide”

So feel free to bash the entire soundtrack and not just the CD soundtrack that you've bashed for 40 some posts.

bread's done
Back