Tony Hawk Ride for $30

This Penny-Arcade sums it up (oh no, cursing!). Seriously though, this game isn't worth the disc it is manufactured onto.

penny-arcade-hawk.jpg

It's really tempting at $30 - but do I really need a plastic skateboard, to go with my wii balance board, tree of plastic guitars, plastic drums, bag of microphones, DDR Platforms? I'll wait, and see if I still feel the same way at the EOD.

[quote name='henry00x']tempted to get this for some reason, is it really that bad to pass up for $35 shipped?[/QUOTE]
It is seriously that bad. I skated for years and thought to myself, it must be that people just dont know how to ride a skateboard. Yeah, thats not it. The game is a broken mess, avoid at all costs.

I caved a couple weeks ago when I saw it for $30 and it is really hard to recommend that someone actually buy this (unless like me you are hoping for Kelly Slater's SURF)

[quote name='david12795']I miss the old TH series..[/QUOTE]

I don't. The series had grown stale by THPS4. While I agree that THPS2 is a classic, it wasn't like it was a series they could keep reinventing year after year. I suppose that was the problem, trying to rush out new games every year.

I wouldn't pick this up until it is $10... sadly with all of these on store shelves I see I would not be surprised. The surfing game coming out isn't likely to redeem this mess of a controller. Skip people you won't regret it.

If only NeverSoft would just make Tony Hawk 10. If only... About to have 1000/1000 GS on THAW THP8 and THPG (already 100%'d them on Playstation consoles, doing it over again now) and I'd stop the development of every single game out there for a sequel to Proving Ground. :(

The item was in terrible condition when it was delivered, there was no plastic around the game box, and the manuals were loose under the game box (which was taped to the container). It had a sticker from a retail store stating it had been returned defective. I'm scared to take any part of it out of the container to see the condition of the disk and the skateboard. I notified them about this issue and am waiting for a response. I doubt I will ever order from them again. This was going to be a gift.

buy it now. in the future, a mattel conversion kit will be available to upgrade it to the uber awesome hoverboard.

there, now you know.

tony-hawk-ride-board.jpg

2697946106_4512d00246.jpg

Well that was awesome. To tell you what I mean, here's just the e-mail I sent 1saleaday:

"I was EXTREMELY disappointed with my order. My order number is LOLNO. First off, I placed an order for what was advertised as the Tony Hawk Ride Bundle. Maybe its just the way your website does business, but on any other site on the web, the Tony Hawk Ride Bundle includes not only the skateboard, but the game as well. I got a box that had the board, but no game in sight. Not only that, but the box and skateboard are in wretched shape. I wasn't expecting super high quality for $35 to begin with, but the box was dinged and scratched all over, and there's even a sticker on it that says "Defeective unit, return to warehouse". Was I sent a defective product? I can't test it because I don't have the game, so I really have no idea. The box wasn't even sealed either, so maybe it was stolen on the way here, or maybe even that was the reason it was labled defective. The board itself also was covered in some black gunk on the bottom that decided to detach itself and spread all over my carpet upon opening the box too. Awesome. In short, I got a mangled, torn up, and obviously abused "bundle", with no game that it was advertised to come with. You guys have great deals, I'll give you that, but if this is the product you send out for it, I can easily see why. Signed a first, and potentially last time customer."

[quote name='oldskooldork23']Well that was awesome. To tell you what I mean, here's just the e-mail I sent 1saleaday:

"I was EXTREMELY disappointed with my order. My order number is LOLNO. First off, I placed an order for what was advertised as the Tony Hawk Ride Bundle. Maybe its just the way your website does business, but on any other site on the web, the Tony Hawk Ride Bundle includes not only the skateboard, but the game as well. I got a box that had the board, but no game in sight. Not only that, but the box and skateboard are in wretched shape. I wasn't expecting super high quality for $35 to begin with, but the box was dinged and scratched all over, and there's even a sticker on it that says "Defeective unit, return to warehouse". Was I sent a defective product? I can't test it because I don't have the game, so I really have no idea. The box wasn't even sealed either, so maybe it was stolen on the way here, or maybe even that was the reason it was labled defective. The board itself also was covered in some black gunk on the bottom that decided to detach itself and spread all over my carpet upon opening the box too. Awesome. In short, I got a mangled, torn up, and obviously abused "bundle", with no game that it was advertised to come with. You guys have great deals, I'll give you that, but if this is the product you send out for it, I can easily see why. Signed a first, and potentially last time customer."[/QUOTE]

and thats why i prefer to order from places like amazon or target

wow thanks for posting the piss-poor condition of your orders. now i know never to buy anything from 1saleaday. maybe you guys should file complaints with the better business bureau or something. i'm serious.

[quote name='oldskooldork23']Well that was awesome. To tell you what I mean, here's just the e-mail I sent 1saleaday:

"I was EXTREMELY disappointed with my order. My order number is LOLNO. First off, I placed an order for what was advertised as the Tony Hawk Ride Bundle. Maybe its just the way your website does business, but on any other site on the web, the Tony Hawk Ride Bundle includes not only the skateboard, but the game as well. I got a box that had the board, but no game in sight. Not only that, but the box and skateboard are in wretched shape. I wasn't expecting super high quality for $35 to begin with, but the box was dinged and scratched all over, and there's even a sticker on it that says "Defeective unit, return to warehouse". Was I sent a defective product? I can't test it because I don't have the game, so I really have no idea. The box wasn't even sealed either, so maybe it was stolen on the way here, or maybe even that was the reason it was labled defective. The board itself also was covered in some black gunk on the bottom that decided to detach itself and spread all over my carpet upon opening the box too. Awesome. In short, I got a mangled, torn up, and obviously abused "bundle", with no game that it was advertised to come with. You guys have great deals, I'll give you that, but if this is the product you send out for it, I can easily see why. Signed a first, and potentially last time customer."[/QUOTE]

I hope you'll post a reply, if you get one.

Sorry you got screwed, but this deal looked shady to me to begin with.

man this sucks.. i bit on this deal in hopes of atleast having a good laugh with it .. ill let you know how mine comes in. still a few days off i believe .

[quote name='javeryh']Even at $30 I'll pass. Oh Tony Hawk, wha happen???? TH2, TH3 and TH4 were magical and then....[/QUOTE]

The THUG games were decent, too. Series just got played out by yearly sequels, which is rather typical of Activision's style.

My order was in the same crappy condition. Beat up box with a sticker that said "Returned Defective" on it. Inside the box was just the board. No game and no batteries for the board. I sent an email to them and haven't heard anything back yet. I know I will never ordfer from them again!

[quote name='MunsonRoyE']My order was in the same crappy condition. Beat up box with a sticker that said "Returned Defective" on it. Inside the box was just the board. No game and no batteries for the board. I sent an email to them and haven't heard anything back yet. I know I will never ordfer from them again![/QUOTE]
My box came in the same condition as everyone else but luckily I actually recieved a copy of the game with it. The batteries in the board were dead but it actually works fine. It's disappointing that his site would sell used/returned merchandise that's not advertised as so. I'll never buy from them again.

[quote name='Rage Goblin']Sorry you got screwed, but this deal looked shady to me to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Why would it be unusual for a poor selling hardware/collectors bundle to sell at this price and deserve an obvious red flag? We've seen it over and over, and sometimes at price points lower than this (big drop examples include Rock Revolution and the Halo Cat Helmet edition).

That being said, 1saleaday deserves to burn for this if they didn't make the condition clear when ordering.

My box arrived in deplorable condition. Completely covered in tape, it pretty much has to go directly in the trash. I took pictures before I hacked into it just in case. I guess I won the 1saleaday lottery as the game is actually factory sealed and the board looks new. I haven't tested it out yet as I emailed them about the conditioning of the package first to see how they respond. Regardless, there should be an alert to people that deals from this site are the very definition of caveat emptor.

bread's done
Back