Tony Hawk Ride is $5 @ Gamestop

SubSailor

CAG Veteran
Feedback
3 (100%)
Sorry if this has been posted, but Tony Hawk Ride for PS3 and 360 is being cleared out Gamestop for a ridiculously low $5, marked down from about $40 just a few days ago.

They're taking brand-new inventory and marking this title as used.

I just picked up a brand new, sealed copy of the game, complete with board for just $5. This is almost worth it just for the included 4 AA batteries!

The game may be marked as $40, but it should ring up as $5 at the register.

Since they're marking the new games as used, you can use your powered up rewards card to save an additional 10%, or 50 cents.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Oh thanks OP, I needed some AA batteries.[/QUOTE]

If you have a microcenter near by they always have $0.99 batteries on BF weekend

Why that came out in not sure cause I got the sarcasm

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Apparently it's suggested that to get the proper calibration for the game that you use a completely different set of batteries than the ones that are included.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Tony+Hawk+Ride

I tried searching for each platform and found NO STOCK for either console in 100 mile radius.[/QUOTE]

Like the OP said, they're marking all NEW bundles as USED. The website only allows you to search for NEW bundles.

If it's $4.50 with PUR...might as well get it. ;) You can at least get trophies/achievements for it and sell it to some sucker once you're done.

[quote name='Blade']Like the OP said, they're marking all NEW bundles as USED. The website only allows you to search for NEW bundles.

If it's $4.50 with PUR...might as well get it. ;) You can at least get trophies/achievements for it and sell it to some sucker once you're done.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good call - that's my cue to hit the sack ;P

Like the OP said, they're marking all NEW bundles as USED. The website only allows you to search for NEW bundles.

That's correct. The only way you'll find this is by going into Gamestop and hoping they have it. On the copy I picked up, they didnt even have a chance to mark it as $5/ used. Here is how it will ring up on the receipt. Notice it says "game only". Obviously not true with this bundle.

e59e73cd.jpg

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']
@OP, do you know if this applies to the Wii version as well?[/QUOTE]

I can't confirm, but I would assume so.

You can at least get trophies/achievements for it and sell it to some sucker once you're done.

That's my plan. If nothing else, maybe an hour or two of enjoyment.
Or, when I'm done with it, I can trade it in at GameStop and they'll give a whopping $.75 for this title.

Their website shows the used game only copy for 5$ and the new version with the board for 40$. It might be some sort of glitch with their system..

If you check the dumpster by a GS in your area with an exposed one tonight you'll probably find a stack of the boards in the dumpster. They most likely converted the game/bundle to used and were told to chuck the boards just like they were with all of the prior bundles/SE/CE/LE versions of games that they've converted to used recently(God Of War III LE, Two Worlds II Royal Edition, Bioshock 2 LE, etc, etc).

Such a completely wasteful practice to toss out the extras rather than recycling the junk plastic and making the company even MORE money.:lol:
[quote name='IronZombie']Their website shows the used game only copy for 5$ and the new version with the board for 40$. It might be some sort of glitch with their system..[/QUOTE]
Try going into the stock locator page and if you can get far enough in that you're at the 'reserve' page where you can have them hold one for you online, then it should show the $4.99 price. It's NOT a glitch. This is standard operating procedure for GS and many other retailers. Once something doesn't sell new for a while they convert it to used and chuck the extras.

[quote name='IronZombie']Their website shows the used game only copy for 5$ and the new version with the board for 40$. It might be some sort of glitch with their system..[/QUOTE]

All new stock has been marked as Used stock, essentially deleting all in-stock quantities. Got it?

[quote name='xenozfan2']Does this apply to Ride also?[/QUOTE]

I assume you're referring to TH Shred.
No, at least not for $5. I think the guy at GS said that one was $15. Too much :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you check the dumpster by a GS in your area with an exposed one tonight you'll probably find a stack of the boards in the dumpster. They most likely converted the game/bundle to used and were told to chuck the boards just like they were with all of the prior bundles/SE/CE/LE versions of games that they've converted to used recently(God Of War III LE, Two Worlds II Royal Edition, Bioshock 2 LE, etc, etc).

Such a completely wasteful practice to toss out the extras rather than recycling the junk plastic and making the company even MORE money.:lol:

Try going into the stock locator page and if you can get far enough in that you're at the 'reserve' page where you can have them hold one for you online, then it should show the $4.99 price. It's NOT a glitch. This is standard operating procedure for GS and many other retailers. Once something doesn't sell new for a while they convert it to used and chuck the extras.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SubSailor']All new stock has been marked as Used stock, essentially deleting all in-stock quantities. Got it?[/QUOTE]

Ah.. I see. That does sound like a waste though just tossing the boards. Wish I had known about this when I stopped in today. I honestly have no interest in the game though as I would find that board to be quite clumsy as a controller. From what I've heard you can't even use the 360 controller to play the game so unless you have the board there's no point in even buying the game. I wonder what they're gonna do with all those used 360 copies if they chuck the boards.

[quote name='IronZombie'] I wonder what they're gonna do with all those used 360 copies if they chuck the boards.[/QUOTE]

this depends on the guys at your local GS.
The instructions that come down from corporate are to "destroy them". This can be interpreted different ways by the local GS manager. He may choose to give them away to employees, hand them out to customers (that they like) as freebies, or literally destroy them.

I saw this with the DC Universe Online games after it went free to play. Guess who got those awesome Batman figures from the CE's?

I was planning to make a trip to gamestop to get halo 3 an a few other cheap games. I'll pick this up since theyre stacked with them there and waste about 10min of my life

Yeah it was for the 1st version only, i got one copy this past saturday. :D

Right by the window they had the bundles lined up next to the window. At 1st i only saw the SHRED version for $14.99, then i saw the original version with a sticker as such. :D

IMG_20111122_211031.jpg

i checked bestbuy's site to see If this was a flip and its a no go. ita a same that this game was the final nail in the coffin for the tony hawk series. It used to be so much fun :(

I want a copy of this....for $5 I can't pass it up. I'll probably just keep it sealed forever. Maybe my gamestop was too dumb to destroy them yet....

[quote name='TheNeck']Yeah it was for the 1st version only, i got one copy this past saturday. :D

Right by the window they had the bundles lined up next to the window. At 1st i only saw the SHRED version for $14.99, then i saw the original version with a sticker as such. :D

IMG_20111122_211031.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lmao. they should have put a sad face on it and put it on one of those sad comercials that you see on tv for those pets without a home

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lmao. they should have put a sad face on it and put it on one of those sad comercials that you see on tv for those pets without a home[/QUOTE]

Is this game really that bad? I imagine my copy will remain sealed for while. Too many good games to play at the moment. Im still finishing up Uncharted 3 and Skyrim and then onto Arkham City (which will be $30 at Wal Mart on Friday).

[quote name='SubSailor']Is this game really that bad? I imagine my copy will remain sealed for while. Too many good games to play at the moment. Im still finishing up Uncharted 3 and Skyrim and then onto Arkham City (which will be $30 at Wal Mart on Friday).[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like both Ride and Shred quite a bit (enough that I finished Ride on all 3 difficulties and just need the online multiplayer trophies to platinum Shred...unfortunately, the server is pretty much a ghost town). I think a lot of the people who hated it didn't take the time to go through the tutorials and actually learn how to use the board and pull off the moves. It's not perfect, steering in the harder difficulties can be tricky, and there are moments of frustration, but it actually works a lot better than some people have said and is a lot of fun once you get past the initial semi-steep learning curve. Ride is a bit more fun in free skate, too, since the levels are more open and skate-park-esque than the more linear Shred levels. Definitely worth the cost of a latte at Starbucks.

Also, I know some people have had major issues getting the board to register/calibrate, but, in my case, I only had about half the space around the board they recommend, and the calibration for both games went through in a minute or two without one hiccup. The board functioned fine in a smaller space, too. So board calibration issues seem to fall into the ymmv category.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']OMG!!! This article couldn't have been posted at a better time: http://kotaku.com/5862094/eb-gamesgamestop-gets-rid-of-used-games-section[/QUOTE]

I just read that article. They've already changed to all white labels here in America, but we still have the separation between new and used games. I won't be surprised if the integration of the two happens in both countries, if this doesn't just end up being a rumor. GameStop hearts your money.

Tips for anyone picking this up, USE YOUR HANDS! It's a lot more fun and you won't be as frustrated. It's like using a giant fingerboard. I managed to get the full /1000 out of this game that way. Also, yes, the game does suck dongs.

so did they take these games off the inventory database? would love to get some board so i can try and salvage some of the sensors

4.99 is too much for something to drunkenly smash in the middle of the street. Maybe if it was $0.50 or something.

I remember when they were promising that if you bought the game Tony Hawk would add you to his friend's list on Xbox Live, lol.

Shit's pathetic.

From what I understand Canadian EB games is a completely different company from US Gamestop. Not that GS wouldn't pull this, but the distinction needs to be made.

I can't say I am surprised that EB Games Canda is doing this, but I think this will turn a lot of gift giving buyers off from their store if they can't find it in new, wrapped condition they will be going to other stores or shopping online. Customers can now shop online right in the store with a smartphone. This would be bad for holiday business.

It will also mess up the store as GS will now look like a used games only store, which will turn some people off no doubt, and people will have to dig through the stacks of used games to find the new one, which will mess up the store and waste the customer's time.

Now I feel even worse for buying this for $6.04 the other day (Target clearance). Not worth the time, gas and effort to return it and rebuy from GS, though.

Stopped by two of my local GSs, who basically confirmed that whatever they didn't sell, they end up chucking earlier in the week. All they had was the Shred bundle, which was ringing up for $29 :p

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I paid $20 for Shred a while ago. I feel it was worth that. Especially when you factor in that the board is full of technology.[/QUOTE]

Science! Industry and technology! Big men putting screwdrivers into things! Turning them, and ad-justing them!

[quote name='guessed']Now I feel even worse for buying this for $6.04 the other day (Target clearance). Not worth the time, gas and effort to return it and rebuy from GS, though.[/QUOTE]To save a dollar, I wouldnt do it either. Actually with tax you'd really wouldnt be saving much anyways.

Has anyone else picked this up yet? I tried to pick up a PS3 version today and they said the SKU with board was still active for $29.99. Without is $4.99 but of course I would have to be charged for the bundle SKU. Maybe it's only Xbox copies being liquidated?

Got my xbox version just now, however all the systems it was for have the 4.99 tag. my gamestop was loaded with them and they have been there for months. Girl there was shocked I got it.

bread's done
Back