Tony Hawk Ride is $5 @ Gamestop

SubSailor

CAG Veteran
Feedback
3 (100%)
Sorry if this has been posted, but Tony Hawk Ride for PS3 and 360 is being cleared out Gamestop for a ridiculously low $5, marked down from about $40 just a few days ago.

They're taking brand-new inventory and marking this title as used.

I just picked up a brand new, sealed copy of the game, complete with board for just $5. This is almost worth it just for the included 4 AA batteries!

The game may be marked as $40, but it should ring up as $5 at the register.

Since they're marking the new games as used, you can use your powered up rewards card to save an additional 10%, or 50 cents.

scooped this for about $14 a few months back on clearance from Sears. At $5 I wouldnt consider rebuying. Luckily I sold mine to a coworker for $20

[quote name='Survivalism']Science! Industry and technology! Big men putting screwdrivers into things! Turning them, and ad-justing them![/QUOTE]

HAHA!

Thanks Tom Servo.

I was in my local GS today and they had about 10 of them. They had scratched out the price on the tag but didn't relabel them with a new price tag. Didn't bother with getting one though.

I saw someone on Craigslist is trying to sell this for $80, lol. I might pick one up if I see it. Thanks for posting...

Went to my local GS today, and they didn't have Ride. But they did have DJ Hero 1 with turntable for 4.99 sitting out right when you walk in with the price tag and "manager's special" wrote down too, along with DJ Hero 2 for 14.99.

Played it and was a little fun and frustrating. Played for about 45 minutes. Will probably never play again but I say it's worth $5

Went in for this, and apparently no one in the region had the bundle new or used - which I find hard to believe, but I wasn't going to try too hard to describe the circumstances and/or how to do their jobs. Picked up the Shred bundle for $15. What the hell.

[quote name='Serpentor']I looked at the trophies and most of them are Hard or Near Impossible, no thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ya, probably not the game for someone primarily interested in trophy hunting. You basically have to finish the game on all 3 difficulties, and, even at that, there are a few more that are even trickier...the worst being one where you have to do a whole list of really tough challenges without bailing (I'm talking challenges where I probably bailed a dozen or more times on each one in the process of just finishing them). Shred is a lot easier to platinum, though, if you can find someone to help you get the online multiplayer trophies.

got 3 of them because of the b2g1 free thing. I noticed they were actually gutted as preowened. Usually when stuffs converted to used its still left sealed. Not the case here. I figure i better double check what its supposed to come with so i can make sure everythings here.

Was anyone elses opened? The game wasn't even in there they had to get them from under the counter. I did buy them at the especially shitty gamestop with the buy the book manager that guts like 3 copies of every damn game it seems

[quote name='Kenshindono']got 3 of them because of the b2g1 free thing. I noticed they were actually gutted as preowened. Usually when stuffs converted to used its still left sealed. Not the case here. I figure i better double check what its supposed to come with so i can make sure everythings here.
[/QUOTE]

Crazy that they even gutted the bundles. If memory serves, I think it came with the board (plastic wrapped), batteries, the game (wrapped), and the usb dongle. If you have those, you should be good to go.

[quote name='Dark Rider']These will make excellent Christmas presents. Muhahaha.[/QUOTE]

With the rising costs of coal, it's good you found a suitable alternative.

... These damn games have been nothing more than an eyesore to me. I picked them up along with GH5/WOR when TRU was doing the $10 GH/TH cleanout a few months ago. I still never opened or attempted to play them yet. They're just sitting there, like a blemish on the carpet or something.

I was out at 4am today and saw I older lady buying a Wii version of Ride. She was celebrating like she found COD:MW3 for $5. Oh how sad it was.

They did the same thing for the DJ Hero bundles if your store has any left. Found one last night marked used (game only) for $4.99 but it was a brand new turntable bundle.

[quote name='MR_E']Crazy that they even gutted the bundles. If memory serves, I think it came with the board (plastic wrapped), batteries, the game (wrapped), and the usb dongle. If you have those, you should be good to go.[/QUOTE]
WHats a usb dongle? My board wasn't wrapped but the game and batteries were.

[quote name='jj5206']I saw someone on Craigslist is trying to sell this for $80, lol. I might pick one up if I see it. Thanks for posting...[/QUOTE]

DAMN really lol! I might have to sell my 2nd copy on Craigslist, but not quite as much XD.

[quote name='garrett007']WHats a usb dongle? My board wasn't wrapped but the game and batteries were.[/QUOTE]

The usb dongle is the wireless receiver you have to plug into the usb port on your system to receive the signal from the board. Basically a little black plastic box with the game logo and a button on it and a short usb cord sticking out. If you're missing that, you're probably headed back to gamestop for a return, 'cause the board/game won't work without it.

Just tried this game for the first time. It's actually pretty fun even though it's hard as hell. I'm kind of thinking about getting Shred. Anyone have that?

[quote name='MR_E']The usb dongle is the wireless receiver you have to plug into the usb port on your system to receive the signal from the board. Basically a little black plastic box with the game logo and a button on it and a short usb cord sticking out. If you're missing that, you're probably headed back to gamestop for a return, 'cause the board/game won't work without it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have one of those but the game plays fine for me

[quote name='garrett007']I didn't have one of those but the game plays fine for me[/QUOTE]

Haha...I didn't even bother to think about what system you're playing it on. I was thinking the PS3 version with the dongle since that's what I have. Different for different systems, though. I'm guessing no dongle for Wii. Not sure about 360. You're set...my bad.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']DAMN really lol! I might have to sell my 2nd copy on Craigslist, but not quite as much XD.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is buying it from him...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Just tried this game for the first time. It's actually pretty fun even though it's hard as hell. I'm kind of thinking about getting Shred. Anyone have that?[/QUOTE]

I have both. Shred is pretty solid, too, and also throws in snowboarding (although the snowboarding section is quite a bit smaller than the skateboarding). The snowboarding has a few different trick moves, too, and different motions that simulate the snowboarding moves, so that adds to the fun a bit rather than just having it be the same as skateboarding but on snow.

The tracks on Shred are a bit more linear, though, so I find Ride a bit better for free skate (since there are some that are more open and skate park-like). I also like the soundtrack and volume levels on Ride better. Shred is a great game, though...and they actually made it a bit easier and tweaked things...like on the challenges, you get points for each individual trick you complete during your run rather than having to pull the whole list off perfectly to get any points like in Ride.

If you like Ride and find Shred cheap, definitely grab it. You'll have fun (and it actually gets easier once you get used to the board and moves...just has a bit of a learning curve...and Shred has a tutorial section that was actually really helpful for both games).

I picked up two for X360, still waiting for my console to arrive from amazon..

Questions is, on the box, it said 1-8 players, so does anyone know if you can you play multiplayer with multiple boards simultaneously (i.e. split screen or lan)? Or do I just need one board? Thanks!

Thank you very much OP!

[quote name='Asgardian']I picked up two for X360, still waiting for my console to arrive from amazon..

Questions is, on the box, it said 1-8 players, so does anyone know if you can you play multiplayer with multiple boards simultaneously (i.e. split screen or lan)? Or do I just need one board? Thanks!

Thank you very much OP![/QUOTE]

Offline, you take turns with one board. I think there's online play, too, but the servers for both Ride and Shred seem to be long deserted.

[quote name='MR_E']Haha...I didn't even bother to think about what system you're playing it on. I was thinking the PS3 version with the dongle since that's what I have. Different for different systems, though. I'm guessing no dongle for Wii. Not sure about 360. You're set...my bad.[/QUOTE]
Thats ok now we both know

I finally got around to a Gamestop today. They had the Ride games still boxed at the front of the store marked 49.99. I picked one up asked the guy how much and he said 49.99 so I asked him if he could scan it since I thought it was supposed to be cheaper. He did and it rang up at 4.99. He couldn't believe it so he called his manager over who told him if that was the price when he scanned it then that was the price. Tried out the tutorials today and it was worth my five bucks.

I've been a cheapass for a long time and even though its only $5 I'm gonna have to pass on this. A black forrest ham footlong at Subway sounds more appealing.

It's hilarious to read the jokes about it being worth for the battery, hahahaha.

bread's done
Back