Tony Hawk Ride (PS3) $19.99 at Best Buy

Taguto

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, first deal I've found that I don't think has been posted yet, at least from doing a search that showed nothing on it.

Stopped by Best Buy today and stumbled on Tony Hawk: Ride with a clearance tag of $19.99 for the PS3.

When I left there were 2 PS3 and 1 360 versions left on display. Not sure if the 360 one is also $19.99 as the tag stated only PS3.

dsc00873x.jpg

Thank you sir. Might check this out after work today. Also I saw the original DJ Hero w/ board for the Wii, PS3 and 360 for $28 at Best Buy the other day. If anyone is interested in that.

terrible game = you throw your money away
Seriously, I'm not buying this POS for $10, let along $20.

For that kind of money, go buy something good like Alan Wake.

I just watched the review for this game...horrible. Completely lost interest that quick. Activision needs to take this series back to the Pro Skater roots of the PS1/PS2 era. Soooo much better and I will stick with Skate from now on.

My nephew, bless him, got this game, and its a giant, steaming turd. Seriously, you would be better served taking your $20 dollars and putting it in the toaster or buying one of many incredibly better games thats at or under $20.

Back in the day, there were few funner experiences than popping in the new Tony Hawk game. Now... Not so much. I wouldn't buy this for $10. Seriously. I wouldn't.

I think the draw to this game for super cheap is just to have the skateboard controller, not to play the game with but to just have a piece of fail videogame history...it would look good mounted next to my actual plank, and probably good at parties where ppl are drinking heavily.

Played this when it first came out, nearly impossible to play the proper way with your feet but I found it pretty fun playing with my hands in a "this is so stupid" kind of way. You can cheese it pretty well just sitting on your floor and lifting and steering with your hands, just don't let anyone see you.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']It's $19.99 for the Xbox 360 as well. Does the 10% coupon work on clearance prices?[/QUOTE]

Are there still any valid 10% off coupons? The last one I know of was the Rewardzone one that expired last week. (Edit: nevermind, found the coupon you're talking about, guess I'll give it a try myself!)

Otherwise the coupons should work on clearance items, at least I'm pretty sure it automatically rang up with the discount last time I bought a clearance item with a coupon, but it might be YMMV depending on cashier etc.

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']Played this when it first came out, nearly impossible to play the proper way with your feet but I found it pretty fun playing with my hands in a "this is so stupid" kind of way. You can cheese it pretty well just sitting on your floor and lifting and steering with your hands, just don't let anyone see you.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, even then it barely works.

I defy anyone here to properly do a kickflip in that game. I couldn't even pass the damn TUTORIAL because of that.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Sadly, even then it barely works.

I defy anyone here to properly do a kickflip in that game. I couldn't even pass the damn TUTORIAL because of that.[/QUOTE]

I did manage to squeeze a full 1000 points out of the 360 version of the game, but mostly because the game doesn't usually require you to do specific moves and you'll get most of your points just spazzing out in the air and pulling combos off randomly. But agreed, when it required you to do specific moves like a kickflip or shuvit was when it became instantly frustrating.

My local Best Buy has the :ps3: version for $20 and I don't even want to buy it...and I will buy crappy games in a heartbeat.

Now if Kinect bundle was that price.....

[quote name='typical guy']terrible game = you throw your money away
Seriously, I'm not buying this POS for $10, let along $20.

For that kind of money, go buy something good like Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]

I bought this at big lots for $30 at xmas even after reading the bad reviews then. My boys played it and loved it. I tried it and it actually controlled better than I thought it was. My 11yr old friends came over on real skateboards and wanted to play and they loved it, said it was extremely realistic but had fun playing and falling all over (move furniture), so for this price not bad at all. M2C.

[quote name='guyinga']
Now if Kinect bundle was that price.....[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Kinect would have to be $20 for me to even consider getting it.

I got this for $40 off craigslist a week after it came out, it's a piece of crap, I highly recommened not getting this, even for free it'd jsut aggrivate you.

I don't want it but wonder if my 4yr old would enjoy it at all??? I've tried playing some simple games with him but as smart as he is, the co-ordiantion is just not there with a ps3 controller.

Give him some shooting or racing on the Wii and he's all over it.

Figure he can play this and maybe he will find interest in skatboarding in real life.....for now this would be safer :)

[quote name='shadowkast']I don't want it but wonder if my 4yr old would enjoy it at all??? I've tried playing some simple games with him but as smart as he is, the co-ordiantion is just not there with a ps3 controller.

Give him some shooting or racing on the Wii and he's all over it.

Figure he can play this and maybe he will find interest in skatboarding in real life.....for now this would be safer :)[/QUOTE]

We had some family over for a party once, a 9 year old made it further then a 30 year old, so I'd guess he'd have as much fun with it as an adult.

Ha, my wife had been asking me to get this game. At $20 - 10% I think it's a much easier pill to swallow. Now to see if I can find it.

EDIT: Damn, I can't find it on the web-site to check store stock.

Picked the last PS3 copy up at one location today. Shelf tag showed Clearance, but at $27.99, at the register it rang up $19.99 complete with asterix. I didn't try for the 12% b/c I didn't have the coupons on me, not a big deal for $2.xx off. I was surprised to see it was the only copy of Ride available on any console. And there were only 5 copies of TH Shred for the Wii. This series is going, going, gone! I'm glad to own a piece of history..

bread's done
Back