Tony Hawk: Ride Skateboard Bundle - Available for Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 $35 shipped

I'm kinda tempted to buy the bundle for the board controller alone, drill holes in it, and slap some trucks on it. :p

Do not buy. I just ordered one from Amazon for $33 last week. It was "used", but it was actually a new copy (the controller still had safety stickers on, batteries were fresh, and game had original factory seal all in the retail packaging).

I just tried to play tonight and just hated it. It is truly as bad as all the reviews say. I couldn't even pass the tutorial. It wants you to ollie and spin the controller nearly 90 degrees on one part and when I do that, my character just hits the ground. At least it lets you skip the tutorial if you want. Otherwise, I'd be stuck. I even resorted to pushing the controller around with my hands and that doesn't help.

I love the other PS2/360 Tony Hawk games. I'm not going to count this game in that series ever.

Wii Fit Balance board games are so much better even though you can't kick the board up or extra sensors. Do not expect that experience from Ride.

I blame the controller. I think it was based on Wiimote tech. Maybe if they base the next one on Wiimote Plus tech, it could be fun. (Big maybe.)

The only reason why I'm keeping the it is because I collect every 360 game released on disc. Otherwise, I'd be handing this game to someone's kid that I don't care about just to get it out of sight.

bread's done
Back