too Early...

8 p.m.!!! I'll probably be at my Walmart between 5-6 p.m. If there is any inclination that your area has a vast gamer following I would recon early where ever you plan on waiting. Good luck to you and all the CAG's waiting in lines tomorrow night.

well, if your walmart is like mine, then you won't be waiting in the cold. we will be lined up back by the layaway department in comfy climate controlled conditions. It'll feel like miami beach! lolol

[quote name='johnmirra']Is 8pm monday too early to start campin out for one just lookin for opinons[/QUOTE]

No, go for it :D

My BB is in a prodominantly business area, so I don't think many people will be there. I'm gunna go at 8:30 and see what happens.

i would go earlier but i dont get out of work until 8 plus i'm not goin to a walmart i'mn either hitting target circuit city or bestbuy

[quote name='johnmirra']i would go earlier but i dont get out of work until 8 plus i'm not goin to a walmart i'mn either hitting target circuit city or bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Same, I don't get off of work until 9pm and I'm going to take a quick shower and sit outside of Target since it's less than 200 feet away from my apartment so it's a quick walk.

I plan on going to Wal-Mart at 8 p.m. and if that doesn't work out then I'll go home and sleep for a bit, and then head out to Best Buy at 4:30 a.m.

I just called my buddy at Wal-Mart and a group of 3 kids are already waiting there at 8am. But I've talked to co-workers and they aren't giving otu tickets till 10, so coming too early isn't going to help you from what it seems at my Wal-Mart.

big city will mostly be packed... think outside the box.. go to small area... towns??

I never had a problem gettin a system at launch...

Dreamcast, PS2, cube, XBOX, DS & PSP... my walmart , bestbuy & ect....is full of them they only sell out within a few days not the 1st hour...

only place like gaming store sell out, EB & such...

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I just called my buddy at Wal-Mart and a group of 3 kids are already waiting there at 8am. But I've talked to co-workers and they aren't giving otu tickets till 10, so coming too early isn't going to help you from what it seems at my Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Though I believe that 8 a.m. is to early they are guaranteed a system if they stick it out until 10 p.m; first come first serve. I hope to be first in line at my walmart even though I'm getting there around 5 p.m.

You better go now, I called Meijers and Walmart (both selling at midnight) and they said there are already more people in line than systems :whistle2:(

Lines starting where? lol. Well sucks to go there, I can't wait to go in at 9 and get my ticket at 10 when people been waiting there sicne this morning. "But I been here since 8am this morning!" sucks to be them :)

[quote name='neudog']Though I believe that 8 a.m. is to early they are guaranteed a system if they stick it out until 10 p.m; first come first serve. I hope to be first in line at my walmart even though I'm getting there around 5 p.m.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a line starting yet, and until then they still don't hand out the tickets till 10. By 10 you'll know if your getting a system or not because they are handing out tickets per how many systems they have, course I'd reject a core system. I don't klnow how other walmarts are handling this, just this is how mine is. I know the two associates that are handing out the tickets (I work with em) and said coming too early isn't going to help because they aren't getting there till 10ish to hand out the tickets.

Yeah but wouldn't they hand out tickets in the order of the line? Or are they doing a lottery system? I know the one Walmart by me is getting only 4 premiums and there are already 5 people in line.

No line has been "formed" yet, just a 3-4 teenages playing with their laptops near the 360 kiosk. We're a 24/7 store, I'm assuming there will be a line in layaway eventually.

Edit: Nm looks like lines are being formed at the service desk. Doh!

We are gettin 32 premimum bundles and 10 cores.

LOL i just called Meijers to see how they were going to handle the release and how many systems they got and the main operator said we didn't get very many in and we already have enough people in line to purchase all we have.

LOL 1:40 pm i called, i'm on hold with walmart right now.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']I wonder how many people are camping out in front of Sears and CompUSA?[/QUOTE]

It's not cool to camp out in front of Comp USA???? uhhhh guess I'll head over to Best Buy and at least have some company......j/k. I'm swooping by Comp USA before I head to work tomorrow. From what I've heard, it should be a lock they'll have systems left over.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer

LOL well guess I have to wait a few more days for the 360
Wal-Mart already has 30 people in line at the service desk as of 2:05pm, and they only have 32 bundles and 10 cores, 10 more people and the line is full. The Service desk associates dont even know how many were getting LOL. There gonna be alot of pissed off people, you guys who are gonna get urs early hats off to you.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I just called my buddy at Wal-Mart and a group of 3 kids are already waiting there at 8am. But I've talked to co-workers and they aren't giving otu tickets till 10, so coming too early isn't going to help you from what it seems at my Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

If they're kids just beat em up, and jump in line in front of them....lol

Well I didn't go and I didn't get picks, but police had to go to our supercenter because two brawls broke out and there were over 200+ people (according to my co-worker) already waiting there. Yikes.

bread's done
Back