Too Human (360) $20 at Amazon & Walmart

[quote name='samurai388']Yes I do know that but Free Radical was doing another Time Splitters. Their past games were actually for the most part really good, that's why so many people were suprised Haze sucked so bad. In FRD's defense Haze was made into something entirely different than it was supposed to be by the publishers and was rushed out the door. If they would have given Haze a little more time to work out the kinks it wouldn't have been so bad. All I was saying was that Too Human and Haze are IMHO both 5/10's at best and both could have used more time.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I understand your point now. Thanks for explaining that.

Awesome job, Cheapy, on finding this old thread rather than creating a new one. At least people can read all the comments here.

And for the record, when I said I thought it was pretty fun, but not worth a $20 purchase, I forgot to mention that I only played it for an hour or 2.

I love this game! It's much better than people give it credit for. It wasn't a mega blockbuster game but it made the NPDs the first month of release.

I purchased from this thread and have to say I like it, but then again Earth Defence force and BulletWitch are also on my most played list. I like mindless destruction games that dont make me think to hard.

I do have a couple questions though: Does the game really ramp up in difficulty as fast as I am percieveing? I mowed through the first level, but the 2nd one, wow.. I am getting rezzed every few mass attacks. Am i missing something? I have used the best upgrades i have, Stuck to one Skill tree.. Those spiders (elf spiders?) are brutal with the goblins around um. basicly just charge the spider and then die, charge it again and die or kill it, then mop up the rest.

Strange, the Healer guy seems by far the easist one to play, can make it half ways through the 2nd level with him, but cant come close to that with any other.

one last question, does the gun guy ever get any range? I mean the launchers can shoot as soon as they see you, will He ever be able to shoot farther then melee range?

Clok

Yeah the Ice Level is brutal, but manageable. You just need to form a strategy, and each class/skill tree you pick changes it. I was a champion, and had a spider that shot lasers. Using a spider really helps thin out crowds in that level. Also chain together attacks to charge up your rune attacks to use against the bigger enemies, etc.

[quote name='clok1966']I purchased from this thread and have to say I like it, but then again Earth Defence force and BulletWitch are also on my most played list. I like mindless destruction games that dont make me think to hard. [/quote]

Ok, that helps to know. I'll still wait for a little cheaper though.

Thanks. I was looking for this game to hit $20 or less. So now I only have to wait for Best Buy. I got the guide yesterday at the CC liquidation for $2.

This is a love it or hate it type of game. If you love the Phantasy Star Online series like me, then you will probably like this game as well. Like any other dungeon hack, it is pretty much the same thing the whole way through, just with different environments, so it won't be everyone's cup of tea. I found the story to be pretty interesting as well, but it definitely sets up for a sequel.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']The game is more then worth $20. Those who say it's not haven't played it[/quote]

No I've played it, pre-ordered even to get the five armor sets. It isn't good 5/10 at best. It's just so mind numbingly boring, Buy Mass Effect if you want a good RPG $20 at GS.

I'd pay under 10 for it and thats about it. I bought it used from a store near me for 20 dollars and luckily the store had 24 hours if you don't like it then they only charge you a rental fee for it. The guy actually waived that and told me the game comes back all the time and let me pick something else out. I was bored and hated the controls.

opinion:

Contrary to what many people who add 'definitions' here think, Opinion is not the same as Definition. Opinion is the usually biased twisting of facts based on someone's viewpoint. Definition is impartial fact.

Personally I thought the demo was shit.

bread's done
Back