Too Small for Wii???: My living room is only 7.5' wide!!

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I am starting to get nervous about whether I will be able to play the Wii in my living room. It's only 7.5' wide and with the front of the couch about 4' from my TV (which hangs on the opposite wall) it doesn't leave me much room to be moving around. I'll be pissed if it's too cramped...

Dang thats small are you sure thats not a hallway? So if you laid down in your living room and strecthed your arms out youd touch the other wall? Yeah its time to tear down a wall. I'm also concerned about the interactivity of a Wii because I don't have a lot of room to move around hopefully you won't need it and they'll take into consideration that some ppl play games in their overly cramped bedrooms.

[quote name='NoRain']So if you laid down in your living room and strecthed your arms out youd touch the other wall? [/quote]

Yup. Easily. So far in the 3 years I've lived in this house it's been a fantastic room for watching movies and playing video games. The plasma TV looks like a movie screen on the wall because you sit relatively close to it and it is pretty big anyway. I guess I'll find a way to make my Wii work (I love that sentence) but it seems kind of unnatural to sit on the couch and swing my arms like I'm playing tennis or whatever...

:lol:

I doubt you'll need that much room... just sit in your normal sitting place and stretch out your arms while holding a some kind of a remote (to imitate a Wiimote) in all directions and see if you touch anything. Then do the same thing standing as some games require you to do some stuff standing (WarioWare Wii).

7.5' ?
(looks at OP's location)
Oh, I see...

Well, Nintendo is a Japanese company and from what I hear Japanese living spaces are notoriously small. So maybe Nintendo already took small living spaces in consideration when they designed the Wii.

I was wondering if my TV is far enough away. while I'm standing up, it's about 7feet 5inches from sensor bar to my hand.

I don't think you need to worry about your room being too small unless you have the wingspan of Manute Bol. That said, having four people trying to play Wii Sports could be difficult, but I'd say you'd have a tough time fitting 4 people in there to play Mario Kart, so I guess there's not much of a difference.

Believe me, the Wiimote doesn't need to be slung around like a freaking light saber to work. Small gestures will work just as well as sweeping motions (probably more accurately, in fact).

You're probably right about not getting the "feel" of some of the Wii sports games if you play sitting down, but most other games should be fine.

Playing Zelda at E3 was like trying to do surgery with a laser pointer under a magnifying glass, you hardly move it anywhere. Tennis worked fine with big swings, but Im sure you can 'flick' the remote and have it work just the same. I suppose the problem will arrise you really want to get into it.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wow thats a small room... this a town house/ apt or something?[/quote]

Nope. Regular house. It is small though... about a 25' x 25' footprint. My TV room is about 20' long and only 7.5' wide (like my wang, of course). There are windows on each end of the room though so you can't put the TV on the short walls. I really like the size of the room (the TV and couch are all the way on one end and my daughter's toys and books are on the other) because it is perfect for movie and tv watching - just maybe not some Star Wars Kid action.

I envision playing Zelda on the couch easily but something like Wii Sports seems like it would be way more fun standing up kind of like Guitar Hero (which there's plenty of room for).

[quote name='javeryh']Yup. Easily. So far in the 3 years I've lived in this house it's been a fantastic room for watching movies and playing video games. The plasma TV looks like a movie screen on the wall because you sit relatively close to it and it is pretty big anyway. I guess I'll find a way to make my Wii work (I love that sentence) but it seems kind of unnatural to sit on the couch and swing my arms like I'm playing tennis or whatever...[/QUOTE]

You better because I want to kick your ass when Nintendo brings out a real sword fighting game, I'm talking a Bushido Blade Wii. Yup straight up challenge there.

[quote name='Strell']Yea but.

How big are your bathrooms?

Maybe you could set up the Wii in there.

Ho ho ho! I'm so funny![/QUOTE]

Nintendo's Wii is just too gargantuan to fit in Javeryh's tight little space.

[quote name='David85']We have five years of cock jokes to look forward too.... how fun...[/quote]
And you'll fucking like it.

I guess you won't be enjoying multiplayer with multiple Wangmotes, jav.

Penis jokes aside, my living room isn't a whole lot bigger than javeryh's... gotta love livin' in a little rat hole apartment... but anyway, I have zero fears about this thing working. Like DoctorFaustus said, the Wii is going to be designed to work very well in small rooms, given the size of most apartments and houses in Japan.

bread's done
Back