Top 20 Games Purchased by CAGs at Amazon in 2006

Sorry, obvious question: is this data from the hits off CAG links?

Interesting, there are couple of duds in there, but mostly decent titles overall.

This list leans heavily to recent "deals". Either there have been an abundance of CAGs recently or this list doesn't contain old TRU purchases through Amazon. I'm thinking the latter since all of these games contain links and Amazon took down links to the old clearence games through the TRU/Amazon partnership. Data is flawed, then.

[quote name='bmarquardt']This list leans heavily to recent "deals". Either there have been an abundance of CAGs recently or this list doesn't contain old TRU purchases through Amazon. I'm thinking the latter since all of these games contain links and Amazon took down links to the old clearence games through the TRU/Amazon partnership. Data is flawed, then.[/QUOTE]
He'd still be able to look at the old sales data, though. Amazon's affiliate program keeps information on which items are bought, so all he'd have to do is pull a report and everything would display.

I've personally been guilty of 3, 4 & 19. ;) The only other Amazon game I've purchased this year that isn't on the list is Shining Tears, but I didn't expect it to be THAT popular a purchase.

[quote name='bmarquardt']This list leans heavily to recent "deals". Either there have been an abundance of CAGs recently or this list doesn't contain old TRU purchases through Amazon. I'm thinking the latter since all of these games contain links and Amazon took down links to the old clearence games through the TRU/Amazon partnership. Data is flawed, then.[/quote]

No, it should include everything from 2006.

Very interesting. I was in on Pirates! and Dynasty Warriors Advance. Very surprised about most of the others. Madagascar??? Who's going to fess up about that!? ;)

Now Only if those 2 xenosagas would ship.

Amazon service is seeming to have gone down the drain

I've never waited this long (nearly 2 weeks) for an item to ship. Even though it is free shipping.

[quote name='jerfgoke']Very interesting. I was in on Pirates! and Dynasty Warriors Advance. Very surprised about most of the others. Madagascar??? Who's going to fess up about that!? ;)[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. :D

I contributed to Pirates as well, but that is about it.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Now Only if those 2 xenosagas would ship.

Amazon service is seeming to have gone down the drain

I've never waited this long (nearly 2 weeks) for an item to ship. Even though it is free shipping.[/quote]
My Xenosaga II shipped on Wednesday, showed up today via 2-day (free Amazon Prime trial). Xenosaga I hasn't shipped yet, and is still sliding on dates. :roll:

Now we need a list of top 20 games cancelled by Amazon. For me, that would be Time Crisis 3 with Dual Guncons and Shadow of Rome (which is now back in stock, with a higher price!). The copy of Pheonix Wright I ordered a month back is on the verge of making that list as well. They just keep pushing back the ship date.

Anyway, the transition from TRU to Amazon shipping their own games has gone much worse than I could have possibly imagined. Right now, I give Amazon a D- as a gamer seller. Screw the Super Saver shipping. What good is free shipping when your order gets cancelled or just never ships?

Heck, when they cancelled Shadow of Rome, the remaining items in my order didn't add up to $25 anymore, so they added a shipping charge to the order! They took it off when I yelled at them, but c'mon!

I never thought I would say this, but I miss the days of TRU on Amazon.

Amazon + Games = Total Suckage!

Actually, when it was TRU/amazon, it was pretty slow when it came to shipping games. Most of my pre-orders weren't even shipped until a couple of weeks after the release date.

And I did end up canceling my Shadow of Rome and Xenosaga1/2 orders too, due to buyer's remorse. In a way it was good that it wasn't shipped out right away...

I feel like the time crisis 3 w/ guncons barely counts as it seems like many of us never actually received them and got our orders canceled....

Odd, I made a thread about Top Spin for PS2 for $9.99 like a week ago, and not that many people posted. Now I find it #15. Wha?

[quote name='auralia']I feel like the time crisis 3 w/ guncons barely counts as it seems like many of us never actually received them and got our orders canceled....[/quote]

Along those lines, I don't think Phoenix Wright should count (yet) either. I'm hoping Amazon will follow through. Maybe this list will guilt them into it ;)

[quote name='radjago']Dead to Rights 2? Final Fight X: Streetwise?

For shame CAG. For shame.[/QUOTE]
That is why many CAG's have backlogs of games. They buy anything cheap even if the quality is as low as the games you just mentioned :cry:

EDIT: Now that I think about it though, even though everyone says its sucks, I found Dead to Rights 2 to be a fun shooting game...not quite as bad as people say. I paid $10 for it awhile ago and I thought it was worth it :shock:

I'm proud to say I didn't buy a single one of those games from Amazon. Not to say I don't own any of them, but I've been a lot better when it comes to buying anything under 10 bucks.

[quote name='suko_32']Odd, I made a thread about Top Spin for PS2 for $9.99 like a week ago, and not that many people posted. Now I find it #15. Wha?[/quote]

You have to remember suko, there is a lot of CAGs that just surf around the website looking for deals, they can't even spare the few seconds to post a simple "thank you." :roll:

[quote name='radjago']Dead to Rights 2? Final Fight X: Streetwise?

For shame CAG. For shame.[/QUOTE]

I can't vouch for Dead to Rights 2, but FF Streetwise is fucking fantastic. I can't believe the amount of negative reviews it's recieved.

Hmmm.

The Good -
Pirates
Phoenix Wright
Trauma Center

The Bad -
Spyro Superpack
Madgascar

The Ugly -
Dead 2 Rights
Final Fight X: Streetwise
Dynasty Warriors Advance

Now I can see why even more CAGS come to this site. They don't feel like driving and/or have no major outlet next to them or work tons of hours. My local CC has about a dozen Dynasty Warrior advance copies along with Dead 2 Rights, of which many CAGS bought online. The same could be sad for Pirates, mine had quite a few (gone now, but they were avaible for weeks).

Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center I can understand the most due to their avability. I had some interest in Top Spin because that's the cheapest I've ever seen it. Of course I already have Top Spin 2 for the 360 so I doubt I would touch it much, so I passed.

[quote name='CheapyD']Psychonauts (PS2) would have been #6 if it appeared before I posted the list.[/quote]

Well, that's good. It's always a good thing when people buy Psychonauts. :applause:

[quote name='CheapyD']Psychonauts (PS2) would have been #6 if it appeared before I posted the list.[/quote]

So how many units would have moved it up to #1?

bread's done
Back