Top 25 Selling Videogames of All-Time

Hmm. That list is tallied up in a really strange way. Like, all the versions of Nintendogs seem to count as one game, but World of Warcraft sales seem to only count the base game and not Burning Crusade. Kinda weird.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Hmm. That list is tallied up in a really strange way. Like, all the versions of Nintendogs seem to count as one game, but World of Warcraft sales seem to only count the base game and not Burning Crusade. Kinda weird.[/QUOTE]

Burning Crusade is an expansion and not a stand-alone product.

Also, if they counted games like Pokemon or Nintendogs individually, 80% of the list would be Pokemon.

from a gun site? It's accurate, but some numbers are off. Also why is the top game Pokemone Red and Blue, than down the list we see Fire Red and Leaf Green? Not saying that it didn't sell that much, but Fire Red and Leaf Green are Blue and Red remade carrying the Japanese names. Also isn't San Andreas the top selling GTA game with like 15-17 mil copies?

[quote name='akilshohen']from a gun site? It's accurate, but some numbers are off. Also why is the top game Pokemone Red and Blue, than down the list we see Fire Red and Leaf Green? Not saying that it didn't sell that much, but Fire Red and Leaf Green are Blue and Red remade carrying the Japanese names. Also isn't San Andreas the top selling GTA game with like 15-17 mil copies?[/QUOTE]

Fire Red and Leaf Green are the US GBA remakes of Red and Blue.

Most of those were expected. I'm surprised Brain Age has sold so much. I knew it was a pretty popular DS game, but didn't think that would be enough to get it on a list, such as this one.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Fire Red and Leaf Green are the US GBA remakes of Red and Blue.[/QUOTE]
that's what I said. Red and Blue remade with the names of the japanese versions

[quote name='akilshohen']that's what I said. Red and Blue remade with the names of the japanese versions[/QUOTE]

I might've misunderstood your question? Are you asking why they're on the list? The list counts them as different games because, well, they are.

it was expected that the list would be dominated by pokemon, and I'm fine with that :). but, it is very impressive to see ds games on that list already.

The world is biased towards buying Nintendo products, this list is BS.

on a side note, now I know why GT A-spec is in every "buy my small bundle of $2 PS2 games for $150" on Craig's List.

Damn and I just got Pokemon Pearl DOTD for $19.99, which was a steal considering Pokemon has rarely ever gone on sale. Pokemon obsessions continues...

I wonder how many copies Halo 3 will sell.

Anyone have a list of the best selling US games of all time? I could have sworn I saw this recently in a Nintendo Power and Mario 3 was on top of the list.

[quote name='Apossum']The world is biased towards buying Nintendo products, this list is BS.

on a side note, now I know why GT A-spec is in every "buy my small bundle of $2 PS2 games for $150" on Craig's List.[/quote]

nintendo puts out quality products. people know that if it has mario, zelda, metroid or pokemon in the name, their taking less of a gamble and getting a quality product in the process.

[quote name='SL4IN']nintendo puts out quality products. people know that if it has mario, zelda, metroid or pokemon in the name, their taking less of a gamble and getting a quality product in the process.[/QUOTE]

4lq3b4z.gif

[quote name='Apossum']The world is biased towards buying Nintendo products, this list is BS.
[/quote]

How is a list that only reflects sales BS? They didn't say anything about ranking the games in terms of quality, fun, or entertainment, it's strictly sales numbers.

I actually think it's pretty cool that Nintendo has done/is going so well, especially to have DS games on there after only 2 years.

[quote name='johnnypark']How is a list that only reflects sales BS? They didn't say anything about ranking the games in terms of quality, fun, or entertainment, it's strictly sales numbers.

I actually think it's pretty cool that Nintendo has done/is going so well, especially to have DS games on there after only 2 years.[/QUOTE]

well, I thought it was a crazy enough to statement to come off as sarcastic, but I guess not.

[quote name='Apossum']well, I thought it was a crazy enough to statement to come off as sarcastic, but I guess not.[/quote]

Heh, there's enough anti-Nintendo sentiment (especially when Pokemon is involved) that the sarcasm radar isn't as reliable as it used to be.

i could have sworn that mario 3 was the #1 all time, if you include all of the iterations on the GBA, and mario allstars snes.

And some of those games like the san andreas games were on more than one platform, PC, PS2 and XBOX, if they include all of the different systems, then san andreas was supposedly #1 and mario 3 is #2. That was from other list a while ago. I cant find it on google though, and that was at least 6 months ago, so it could be out of date, i dont know that much about the handhelds.

I'm actually most surprised that Starcraft has only sold nine mil. Considering the level of cultural phenomena it is in Korea, I would have thought everybody would have a copy.

The original SMB isn't on that list. I guess since it destroys every other game sales wise, they think it's okay to omit it. Sure it came with every NES console, but it's easily the most recognizable game of our time.

Second being Tetris.

[quote name='KingBroly']The original SMB isn't on that list. I guess since it destroys every other game sales wise, they think it's okay to omit it. Sure it came with every NES console, but it's easily the most recognizable game of our time.

Second being Tetris.[/QUOTE]

they mentioned it would be 40 million but didn't make the list since it was a pack in.

bread's done
Back