Top Drunken Singalong Songs

Panama Red

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
From CollegeHumor...

1. “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey - Possibly the best song regarding taking midnight trains to anywhere.

# Immediately recognizable opening? Yes
# Easy to remember lyrics?: Yes
# Killer solo for air-guitarring?: Yes, One

Talking points: Not only does this song deliver an uplifting message that gives you false confidence, but it allows those who know it to act like a Japanese businessman at Karaoke night.

2. “Livin’ On A Prayer” by Bon Jovi - One of three Bon Jovi songs that is acceptable to know.

# Good drum line for fist pumping/table pounding?: Yes
# Easy to remember lyrics?: No, but great chorus you can give your all to
# Killer solo for air-guitarring?: Yes, One

Talking points: Lines like “take my hand, we’ll make it I swear” give you the chance to enthusiastically grab a girl's chest after you "miss" her hand.

3. “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd - Enjoyable even to people who don't know where Alabama is.

# Immediately recognizable beginning?: Yes
# Killer solo for air-guitarring?: Yes, Two
# Easy to remember lyrics?: Yes, and an awesome chorus to boot

Talking points: This song has appeal even above the Mason Dixon line and allows you to sing in a Southern accent.

4. “Baba O’Riley” by The Who - Now you get to be the music dick and correct people when they think this song is called “Teenage Wasteland.“

# Immediately Recognizable beginning?: Yes
# Good drum line for fist pumping/table pounding?: Yes
# Easy to remember lyrics?: No, but everyone loves belting out “Teenage Wasteland!”

Talking points: This songs lyrics apply so directly with your life, being a wasted teenager, that the beauty of it all could motivate you to reach out and just grab a boob. The unsuspecting girl, being a fan of The Who, will understand.

5. “Paradise City” by Guns N Roses - Paradise City isn’t real, crazy Axl Rose!

# Killer solo for air-guitarring?: Pretty much the whole thing is perfect, as long as you can keep up with Slash
# Immediately recognizable opening?: Yes
# Easy to remember lyrics?: Perfect chorus for drunken belting

Talking points: Locking eyes with the right girl during this song could result in a sweet beej. Nice.

Ha, Don't Stop Believing was the song that popped into my brain as soon as I saw this thread title. I've been known to break out a sweet rendition of that version at the local karaoke bar.

The worst part is that I'm the only one who ever seems to know ALL the lyrics. So while everyone is drunkenly mumbling something to fit the tune, I'm hitting a solo. It kind of makes me sad, but then I remember that I forgot some math to remember those lyrics so I'd best put them to use.

[quote name='6669']That song's like, 10 years old, ya know. :lol:[/QUOTE] Yeah, I know. I remember kids singing that on the fucking bus in 7th grade. :oldman: :lol:

[quote name='6669']That song's like, 10 years old, ya know. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly, you kids think its a cute little song. Us mid-twentiers had to listen to it all the freakin' time so we're absolutely sick of it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah exactly, you kids think its a cute little song. Us mid-twentiers had to listen to it all the freakin' time so we're absolutely sick of it.[/quote]I've never even heard it. I guess that's what happens when you've been to 0 parties in your life.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Yeah, I know. I remember kids singing that on the fucking bus in 7th grade. :oldman: :lol:[/QUOTE]
Kids those days. :lol:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I've never even heard it. I guess that's what happens when you've been to 0 parties in your life.[/QUOTE]

You didn't need to go to parties to hear the song all the freakin' time, all the radio stations overplayed it to death. See also: Presidents of the United States of America

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Shouldn't you be doing your drunken singalongs to fuckin' P!ATD or MCR? You know, something current? :lol:[/QUOTE]
No, too many people listen to rap now. You cant sing along to something that doesn't have singing to begin with, so we go way back. Pretty much any Blood Hound Gang song makes a good drunken sing-a-long, along with any well-known Weezer song.

[quote name='javeryh']19 posts and no American Pie or Paradise by the Dashboard Lights? For shame.[/QUOTE]
I think I've heard "American Pie" before (pretty sure), but not the last one. It could be cuz lots of those posts were by me :oops:

[quote name='javeryh']19 posts and no American Pie or Paradise by the Dashboard Lights? For shame.[/QUOTE] Because those are both supremely shitty songs and you're obviously a few years older than the rest of us. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Because those are both supremely shitty songs and you're obviously a few years older than the rest of us. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Ouch, I put it slightly nicer ;)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What?!?! No "Piano Man"? I call this list completely incomplete.[/quote]

Seconded. If this were a "group karaoke" list it'd have to be 1st in my opinion

[quote name='taiidanx']Kiss me, I'm Shitfaced - Dropkick Murphy's

Good times with this one...[/QUOTE]

Close. We've silenced the gay bar a good half dozen times belting out the Macc Lads' "Barrels Round."

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxa2yxdW6UM[/media]

Save a horse, ride a cowboy is like THE biggest one.

Also, Home for a rest by Spirit of the West.

I would like to add:

"You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC
"Crazy Train" by Ozzy Ozbourne (or runner up to "No More Tears" aka "No More Beers")
"Paul Revere" by The Beastie Boys
"Man in the Box" by Stone Temple Pilots
"Mony Mony" the Billy Idol version (hey hey what get laid get fucked!)

Of course, as I am old, I expect no one to second these motions, if they are even recognized by the young peoples of today.

[quote name='mykevermin']Close. We've silenced the gay bar a good half dozen times belting out the Macc Lads' "Barrels Round."[/quote]Why are you in a gay bar to begin with?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why are you in a gay bar to begin with?[/QUOTE]

b/c it's eight blocks from my house, so no driving necessary.
b/c all my good friends hang out there
b/c the owners are fantastic people
b/c they have $2 pints of High Life
b/c they have a great jukebox (Cher notwithstanding)

[quote name='mykevermin']b/c it's eight blocks from my house, so no driving necessary.
b/c they have a great jukebox (Cher notwithstanding)[/quote]

8 blocks? You walk 4 miles to go to a bar?

[quote name='mykevermin']b/c it's eight blocks from my house, so no driving necessary.
b/c they have a great jukebox (Cher notwithstanding)[/quote]FYI, they always start out as "good friends".....

suburban blocks. Probably one mile.

What's a 4 mile walk anyway (at least sober to the bar, I understand a drunken 4 mile walk would be bad)?

[quote name='mykevermin']suburban blocks. Probably one mile.

What's a 4 mile walk anyway (at least sober to the bar, I understand a drunken 4 mile walk would be bad)?[/quote]

I'm not sure how fast you or I walk, but wouldn't that take a long time to walk 4 miles?

[quote name='2poor']I'm not sure how fast you or I walk, but wouldn't that take a long time to walk 4 miles?[/QUOTE] An hour, maybe a bit longer if you really take your time.

Piano man. Done

Second, I dunno what backwoods town you live in but 8 blocks sure as shit anywhere near 4 miles.

White Zombie - Electric Head Pt. 2 (The Ecstasy)
[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why are you in a gay bar to begin with?[/QUOTE]
becuz hes gay and im afraid of gays lol!`1

Don't Stop Believin' was the song of choice for my friends and me when we would be out drinking at at the local bar in Charlotte. Ah, the memories. Those were the good ol' days. . .

Chumbawumba- "Tubthumping"

R.E.M.-"It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)"

Ramon Ayala- "Tragos Amargos"

Iron Butterfly- "Inna Goda Da Vida"

Afroman- "Because I Got High"

there's a lot more.

[quote name='Salmonday']I would like to add:

"Crazy Train" by Ozzy Ozbourne (or runner up to "No More Tears" aka "No More Beers")

Of course, as I am old, I expect no one to second these motions, if they are even recognized by the young peoples of today.[/QUOTE]
I agree with AC/DC, ozzy, and ALICE IN CHAINS"Man in the Box".
I'd agree with the origninal Paradise City-GNR and I'd like to add
7Mary3-Cumbersome, the Ramones-I Wanna Be Sedated, and Weezer-Undone (the swetter song) or Say it Ain't So.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Because those are both supremely shitty songs and you're obviously a few years older than the rest of us. :lol:[/quote]

The OP is looking for drunken singalongs - not good songs. Those things definitely aren't the same. I'd NEVER voluntarily listen to either of those songs but if I've had a few at the pub and someone plays this on the jukebox ewveryone in the place will be singing along at the top of their lungs - guaranteed.

That said, this thread does make me feel old considering there are people who were born in 1985 who are of legal drinking age - and I can remember 1985 pretty easily. :D

Salty Dog by Flogging Molly!!!!

I'll wait for you till I turn blue

There's nothin' more a man can do
Don't get your bollocks in a twist

Settle down, don't take a fit

Ya drank with demons straight from Hell

They almost nearly won as well

Ya wiped the floor with victory

Then puked until you fell asleep

Blackened was the banshee's wail

These boots will never fill her jail

So you crawled into an empty boat

For the Gulf of Mexico

Till Cortez came an' when so did you

From the ashes charred and blue

Smellin' like a Salty Dog

Back from Hell where you belong

Anarchy, the scourge of every sea

The Antichrist aboard a rig

With us your cutthroat thieves

The ship went down we all near drowned

Ya stood there on the deck

Till the Spanish came and flogged yer arse

And dragged you from the wreck

They threw a rope around yer neck

To watch you dance the jig of death

Then left ya for the starvin' crows

Hoverin' like hungry whores

One flew down plucked out yer eye

The other he had in his sights

Ya snarled at him, said leave me be

I need the bugger so I can see

Can't go wrong with MACHO MAN by Villiage People. Cuz you know you're drunk if you're screaming out the chorus :D

[quote name='Salmonday']I would like to add:

Of course, as I am old, I expect no one to second these motions, if they are even recognized by the young peoples of today.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, Salmon, I understand you. I'll see your Mony Mony and raise you a "You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin, Darlin" by David Allen Coe. I may even throw in You Can Leave Your Hat On by Joe Cocker in an obvious homage to 9 1/2 weeks and that whole era.

[quote name='javeryh']
That said, this thread does make me feel old considering there are people who were born in 1985 who are of legal drinking age - and I can remember 1985 pretty easily. :D[/QUOTE]

I graduated high school in 1986. Oh, Lord.

bread's done
Back