Top Gun and Days of Thunder - Movie & Game Bundle - PS3 Only - 5/24

token2k6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
146 (100%)
Is this a game deal or a movie deal?? :whee:

This is only going to be available on the PS3, in a PS3 game case. Releases May 24th.

51rNM7UJcoL._SS500_.jpg
518bzl9AYtL._SS500_.jpg

Top Gun 'Hybrid' - Wingman Edition - $28.99 Pre-Order

Days of Thunder - Nascar Edition - $28.99 Pre-Order

I'd thought I'd share this over here after seeing very tiny print under the May release dates in the Official Playstation Magazine. I was a bit intrigued b/c I don't own either of these films on BD, nor did I buy the digital copies of the games on either system.

[quote name='ryosnk']Are the games any good?[/QUOTE]

From playing the demos of both games , Top Gun isn't bad but is a bit on the simple/generic side. Wasn't worth it's original $15 asking price but for $10 or less I'd say it's alright. Days of Thunder was pretty lousy. Physics felt really slippery and the game just kinda drops you into a race without really explaining anything or what's going on (I know its a racing game but still). Only worth $5 at most.

As far as these packages go , I'm assuming they are single disk (based on the Game + Blu-Ray thing on the top) which means they probably won't work on standard Blu-ray players (which would explain using the PS3 packaging). I think that both are over priced. As that makes the Top Gun package effectively $15 each for game and movie and for the Days of Thunder package $10 for the game and $20 for the movie. If/when either of these drop to at least $20 I'd say they might be an acceptable pick up but if they do end up being locked to only playing on PS3s waiting for them to go even cheaper might be better (or skip them entirely).

bread's done
Back