Top Spin 2 360 $19.99 @ BB

I went to BB looking for this.
In their system it shows as $20.
Unfortunately, no store near me had any in stock.
(I am in Long Island, NY)
This goes into greatest hits next week.
I have a GCC, and hoping that is still the price.

I loved Top Spin 1, played this one and did not like it at all. They tried to totally change the way it played and it just sucked. Should of stuck with being a great Virtua Tennis ripoff.

So this is ringing up at $20 in-store? Awesome if it is cuz this game just came out but unfortunatly it's only a $40 game and looks kinda sucky but good find OP an thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='kevzik']Still wanting an answer to this...:roll:[/QUOTE]
The answer is already in this thread. The topic was originally in the Trade forum and moved here by a mod. Okay?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I loved Top Spin 1, played this one and did not like it at all. They tried to totally change the way it played and it just sucked. Should of stuck with being a great Virtua Tennis ripoff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I was a HUGE TS1 player (was even ranked in the Top 100 on Live for a while) but Top Spin 2 feels like a completely different game. The main problem with it is that they totally screwed with the risk shots and made them even more complicated to pull off. R-trigger *PLUS* A,B,X, or Y?!?! Give me a break.

Just wait 'till Virtua Tennis 3 comes out. That should be a lot better than TS2.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I loved Top Spin 1, played this one and did not like it at all. They tried to totally change the way it played and it just sucked. Should of stuck with being a great Virtua Tennis ripoff.[/QUOTE]

I agree with both posters. If you are a big fan of the first game you will be sorely disappointed. And in one of those "brilliant" moves by Microsoft, the first one is, of course, not backwards compatible.

I bought it at full price and sold it a week later. I might get it again. $15 is tempting... maybe when it is below $10. :)

Really tempting as i love the xbox original, but I think i will hold out for Virtua Tennis as it sounds like they changed way too much. Hmm. Still tempting. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Corvin'] And in one of those "brilliant" moves by Microsoft, the first one is, of course, not backwards compatible.

[/quote]

Yeah I'm thinking they haven't done b/c for Top Spin 1 because they wanted you to buy 2. Now maybe that it's dropping in price/falling off the radar they'll make TS1 b/c.

TS2 also has lengthy load times... And doesn't it put you on the top of the screen (the backc ourt I guess) sometimes, even when you're playing online? That was annoying in part one. If I'm online, I should always have a decent perspective (bottom of the screen) and so should my opponents.

This is interesting -- just got an order update email. Obviously it's a mistake but are they trying to sell me Top Spin 1?

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 10/28/2003. Your order details are listed below.

i dunno. i played both and i like TS2 better. Virta Tennis 3 has better graphics & can even run 1080p; but you have to dive constantly. top spin 2 just seemed more realistic, despite the changed controls. just have to get used to them

None of the stores in my area had any, and none of them even had place holders for the game. I find this strange because last week while checking for the other clearanced games, I saw this game for 29.99 and was debating buying it. That makes me think that they pulled them for some reason.

just checked the pick up option and noticed all of the BB around me had top spin 2 in stock

gl

[quote name='Nutts']None of the stores in my area had any, and none of them even had place holders for the game. I find this strange because last week while checking for the other clearanced games, I saw this game for 29.99 and was debating buying it. That makes me think that they pulled them for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this proves my theory that Best Buy pulls games from the floor whenever there's a good sale. Like when Rainbow 6 Vegas for 360 was on sale for $40 a couple months ago...the day before the sale there were zillions of copies out at my BB's. But when I went to go pick a copy up the morning of the sale, they were all gone. And none of the 4 BB stores in my area re-stocked it that week.

Of course, the day after the sale ends, all the stores had plenty of copies. :roll:

All of the stores near me suddenly have this as well. I may print out the website price (in case they play with the in-store price) and just go try to get it with a GGC and cancel my original order...

I'm getting whiplash following this. All of my local stores show it's OOS again as well, and I just received a re-PRE-order notice (from being backordered yesterday), saying the release date is pushed back to 3/26/06.

Yes, 06.

Mine finally shipped.... now for the wait while UPS Mail Innovations puts it on a carrier pigeon and it shows up sometime next decade.

I've seen at least 5 copies at every Best Buy I've been to recently. $14.99 after coupon is a great deal for this and now most stores have it in stock!

bread's done
Back