Top Spin 3 (PS3/360) - $29.99 at Amazon.com

rufio2004nfg

CAGiversary!
Even at 29.99, you should play the demo before buying. The game mechanics will surely cause you to hate the game immediately (for some).

Has it changed much from TS2? It was pretty fun in 1 but 2 was so realistic I felt like it'd be better to go and pick up the racket again...

This game is for the tennis sim players. I myself enjoyed it because of the game's depth, but those who are more used to arcade style of play will probably not like it.

[quote name='prateeko']Has it changed much from TS2? It was pretty fun in 1 but 2 was so realistic I felt like it'd be better to go and pick up the racket again...[/quote]
Yes, the hitting mechanism has changed completely. There's a significant learning curve, and you'll either hate it or sort of like it. Personally, I think the 1st one was still the best, and this one is awful, definitely demo it first.

[quote name='flyjar']Yes, the hitting mechanism has changed completely. There's a significant learning curve, and you'll either hate it or sort of like it. Personally, I think the 1st one was still the best, and this one is awful, definitely demo it first.[/QUOTE]

I'd be hard pressed to pay $9.99 for this game. Agreed on the demo -- I couldn't stand it either and a tennis sim shouldn't take you forever to get conditioned to the controls.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I'd be hard pressed to pay $9.99 for this game. Agreed on the demo -- I couldn't stand it either and a tennis sim shouldn't take you forever to get conditioned to the controls.[/quote]

Really? It must be me, but the controls seemed like they made sense after a match or two. I was initially skeptical about the game because of the controls, but it blows Virtua Tennis out of the water due to the depth and difficulty.

IMHO the control scheme is a reflection of real tennis, but for a video game is not intuitive...if any of that makes sense.

[quote name='tylerdurden689']Really? It must be me, but the controls seemed like they made sense after a match or two. I was initially skeptical about the game because of the controls, but it blows Virtua Tennis out of the water due to the depth and difficulty.[/quote]

Yeah, the controls made sense pretty quickly. It's my favorite tennis gameplay mechanic in any tennis game, but maybe that's because I play a ton of tennis in real life.

[quote name='skube']this game has been 10 bucks before[/quote]

I think that was the older version. Not Top Spin 3.

bread's done
Back