Topfield TF-T6000 PVR HELP!

DK-Matty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've owned a Topfield TF-T6000 PVR with 1TB of storage space for well over a year now, I have not been able to use it for months.. I setup a heap of TV shows to record automatically and I dont watch TV on a daily basis so I didnt use it for a few month, meanwhile all my TV programs continued to record..

Now when I turn on the PVR the screen goes blank every 10-20 seconds as it loads up all my recorded shows (Their could be over 500 programs recorded) I've left it on overnight several times and no luck, for some reason doing that leaves the screen COMPLETELY blank :s It's like it gets to a certain point then just stops (Power is still running, there is just no picture no matter what I do)

I've tried doing it during the day when im home all day, I've turned it on then checked up on it every half hour or so and still nothing.. I believe that the hardware is just not good/fast enough to handle 1TB of data..

I've tried formatting the hard drive through the setting menu but no matter what once the screen goes blank and comes back it sends you right back to the start menu.. So I've raced against the clock many times in order to hit the format button before the screen goes blank and im sent back to square one.. I've successfully gotten to the format setting and managed to hit it a few times yet again im thrown back to square one!

On top of this, I cant even watch TV through it! If I start watching TV every 10-20 seconds the screen goes blank as it loads up all my recorded data.. This thing is practically useless now! My one year warranty is up and all I could do is sell it as is or open it up and take the hard drive out to use in my PC..

Im wondering though could I possibly remove the hard drive myself, format it using my PC then reinstall the firmware and put the hard drive back into the PVR?

bread's done
Back