Torchlight $5 Steam weekend deal!

[quote name='panzerfaust']Fell in love with this game for about an hour until I realized I should be playing Diablo II instead.[/QUOTE]

Only if you like terribly outdated graphics ... to me Torchlight is the best of the hold-over Diablo clones until 3 is released. Diablo 2 is simply too dated for me to invest any more time in ... it was cool back in the day and from time to time, but it just ends up feeling like a waste to me when all is said and done.

SOLD!

Seriously could not say no to this considering I was going to buy it next week when I got paid but for $5 why wait. :D

Everyone should already have this after the $5 sale during the holidays.

Excellent value and game. I bought it when it was on sale for $10, and I would have easily justified the $20 after playing it. Heck, I enjoy it more than a lot of $50 games I've purchased.

Bought it for me and my girlfriend... who dumped me less than a week later. :(

But the game is still awesome. For $5, it's a no brainer. BUY IT.

[quote name='caldazar']Definitely worth it! Sure it's a clone of Diablo...but there's nothing wrong with that, especially when it is well done![/QUOTE]

PSST,... it's made by some of the guys who were in on Blizzard North, the team that made Diablo 2.

;)

For those who still have a copy, a new ladder season started on Diablo 2 :D

Fantastic deal/game. Will satisfy you're dungeon crawling needs until Diablo 3. A few things though:

-Game is super easy. Do not play on anything less than Hard.
-Mod your game! Great list here.
-Is single player only. Would definitely be better with co-op, but it's still plenty fun.

That's all I can think of right now.

[quote name='musicjunkie']SOLD!

Seriously could not say no to this considering I was going to buy it next week when I got paid but for $5 why wait. :D[/QUOTE]

^ This.

SOLD, not much a PC gamer, but game sounds good enough to buy and I've been looking for it for $5 for a while.

[quote name='TheKbob']Bought it for me and my girlfriend... who dumped me less than a week later. :(
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='goMaki']Thank you so much. My BF just gifted this to me.

Get it NOW. Sure it doesn't do anything too revolutionary, but it does it best.

Also, make sure you install Torchleeech and mods. They make the game really shine.

Notably, Respec Mod, Items Always Identified (there really is no point to having items unidentified, unless you like a-surprise-everytime kind of thing), Gold Sharing Service (great when you "Retire", to pass down Gold to your new character), and Potions Stacksize (which removes the Potion Stocksize from 20 to 200. Really handy.)

[quote name='keithp']Uh-oh.... ;)

[/QUOTE]

lol, I just caught that. :roll: nice girl, but her family was very difficult and a bit of a mess.

At least I still have awesome Torchlight action!

[quote name='TheKbob']Bought it for me and my girlfriend... who dumped me less than a week later. :(

But the game is still awesome. For $5, it's a no brainer. BUY IT.[/QUOTE]

So this game breaks up relationships? Duly noted.

[quote name='V878']So this game breaks up relationships? Duly noted.[/QUOTE]

Best part about being single: I don't have to worry about Torchlight ruining my love life!

Besides, $5 for this is a lot cheaper than a movie date. XD

On one hand, I'm a little disappointed because I got it for this price during the holiday sale.

On the other, this is a PHENOMENAL game and if you don't own it you've got no excuse now. I'll just have to be happy for everyone else. :)

Just adding another voice to the pile. It you like Diablo at all, even a little, this game is absolutely worth it. Grabbed it during the holiday sale myself, loved it.

[quote name='nightmare452']

not much a PC gamer[/QUOTE]

Same here but I wasted plenty of time on Diablo II. When does the sale end? I won't be back home until Monday so I hope I can snag it @ $5.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']Get it NOW. Sure it doesn't do anything too revolutionary, but it does it best.

Also, make sure you install Torchleeech and mods. They make the game really shine.

Notably, Respec Mod, Items Always Identified (there really is no point to having items unidentified, unless you like a-surprise-everytime kind of thing), Gold Sharing Service (great when you "Retire", to pass down Gold to your new character), and Potions Stacksize (which removes the Potion Stocksize from 20 to 200. Really handy.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks I haven't played in a couple months and the items always ID'd looks good. And I saw an article about torchleech so I'll have to look into it

[quote name='Jay93082']Same here but I wasted plenty of time on Diablo II. When does the sale end? I won't be back home until Monday so I hope I can snag it @ $5.[/QUOTE]
It says til Monday, but cant you just go to the steam site, and order through the site and leave it in your download que for when you get home?

[quote name='V878']So this game breaks up relationships? Duly noted.[/QUOTE]

Man I wish it was a great video game that caused the break up...

No excuse not to buy this game :cool:

[quote name='unclenebber']My video card erupted into flames. My hardware is meager and integrated. Can I play this?[/QUOTE]

Probably on lower resolution with the details turned down. Depends on what it is.

Played the demo, liked it, bought it. Seems like it'll be well worth $5.

This is more than worth the price. I played the game for about 15 hours before I stopped playing, but that is partly due to other games coming out, but there is no question that this is well worth the money

[quote name='unclenebber']My video card erupted into flames. My hardware is meager and integrated. Can I play this?[/QUOTE]

It has a Netbook mode, I'd.....I'd bet on it.

It ran like a dream at 1280x800 everything on high on my integrated ATI X1200 in my 3 year old laptop under Windows 7. (thats without netbookmode on)

Download the demo if you have any doubts. The demo is only like 250 MB.

Geez...still havent touched Titan Quest Gold I got a couple of months ago. Gonna think it over this weekend.

[quote name='DrNo888']Geez...still havent touched Titan Quest Gold I got a couple of months ago. Gonna think it over this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Torchlight is far, far better than Titan Quest Gold.

If you bought that game, Torchlight should instantly be a no brainer.

Everyone who is remotely interested should just get it! It is near awesome and a great value at $20 (the price I got) and an incredible value at $5.

I already have a gift copy sitting in my account for whenever I need to share the fun with someone and thinking about adding another copy to it. It is that awesome guys/gals!

bread's done
Back