Toshiba 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Amazon Lighning Deal Right Now - $14.99

I am combining this with Fable II PH (priced at $20) for FSSS. Thanks. New Xbox Arcade owner here (soon)

Say that I get this for the Xbox. Can we download games directly to it and play from there? Also, if I format it for the 360, can I still use it for other computer-related things and have it still work in the 360?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Say that I get this for the Xbox. Can we download games directly to it and play from there? Also, if I format it for the 360, can I still use it for other computer-related things and have it still work in the 360?[/QUOTE]
I can't comment on the latter, but as far as the former goes yes you can. I tried it last night playing first Midnight Club LA off of an 8 gig after I installed it on there, then tried Halo ODST...both played just as if I had installed them on the 60 gig hard drive.

Actually for the latter? When you're preparing the flash drive you can set aside a certain amount for 360 use and the rest for PC stuff, so if you do it like that I guess you can use it for both...

[quote name='utopianmachine']Say that I get this for the Xbox. Can we download games directly to it and play from there? Also, if I format it for the 360, can I still use it for other computer-related things and have it still work in the 360?[/QUOTE]

if you mean can you put games on it downloaded from say your computer, then no. and you can "customize" the space on there so you can tell the xbox i want 1/2 for 360 mem. and 1/2 for reg. flash drive mem. and it will only configure what you tell it to. if you configure the whole drive you can not use it in your pc anymore... unless you reformat it

Yes, you can choose how much of it you want to partition for the 360.

You can use it like any other 360 memory unit or HDD, so yes you can download demos, install games and store profiles.

As far as using it dual 360 and PC, yes you can, but you have allocate how much of the drive will be used for both I believe.

Thanks OP picked one up. My 512mb one had gotten me far but it was time to upgrade lol. Now I will be able to backup my 360 data without a problem.

[quote name='Skoad']As always, since the pre-discount price is above $25, you don't need filler.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks.

[quote name='Skoad']As always, since the pre-discount price is above $25, you don't need filler.[/QUOTE]

Evidently not true. It's charging me $5.58 for shipping, even though it's a FS-qualifying item

"Wait! Add $10.01 of eligible items to your order to qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping."

[quote name='madcatz1999']Evidently not true. It's charging me $5.58 for shipping, even though it's a FS-qualifying item

"Wait! Add $10.01 of eligible items to your order to qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping."
[/QUOTE]

Go to the very last page of checkout (past just the cart) and it usually takes it off there.

Great, now the Video Game Deals forum will be littered with USB stick deals just like what happens with Memory Sticks. Should I post AA battery deals for the Wii owners?

[quote name='Vegan']Great, now the Video Game Deals forum will be littered with USB stick deals just like what happens with Memory Sticks. Should I post AA battery deals for the Wii owners?[/QUOTE]

If you could also post some deals on couches and chairs, I'd appreciate it. I need a new one that's comfy to sit down and play videogames in the living room.

[quote name='Justin42']Go to the very last page of checkout (past just the cart) and it usually takes it off there.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it let me take it off there. :)

How good of a price is this for 8GB memory sticks and does anyone know how fast the read/write times are on this thing?

As one user mentioned, 16GB would be ideal since that's the Xboxs limit...

[quote name='prateeko']How good of a price is this for 8GB memory sticks and does anyone know how fast the read/write times are on this thing?

As one user mentioned, 16GB would be ideal since that's the Xboxs limit...[/QUOTE]

About average. I got mine for about half, but it isn't name brand either. I think 8GB is where the best $/GB is right now.

[quote name='Vegan']Great, now the Video Game Deals forum will be littered with USB stick deals just like what happens with Memory Sticks. Should I post AA battery deals for the Wii owners?[/QUOTE]

I like to eat chips while playing games. If you find any good chip deals could you post them?

bread's done
Back