Toshiba to offer 2 HD DVDs in the box and 5 free HD DVDs after Mail-in rebate

Da_man24

CAGiversary!
This will happen when they release their third generation HD DVD players on 10/1/07. Like you guys know the cheapest will be the A3 at $299.99. The HD DVD player will come with the movie 300 and The Bourne Identity two really good movies in my opinion. Also Toshiba will offer a new mail in rebate offer that runs from 10/1/07 through 2/28/08. Hopefully they will put good movies on the list.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...ccompany_Toshibas_Third-Gen_HD_DVD_Launch/935

They can promise 100 free dvd's... but will they ever deliver? I have been waiting for my 5 FREE dvd's since the end of May. I received a post card stating that they are all out of stock and -should ship- by September 15th.

The format will be dead before I get my 5 free discs...

[quote name='InvaderZim']They can promise 100 free dvd's... but will they ever deliver? I have been waiting for my 5 FREE dvd's since the end of May. I received a post card stating that they are all out of stock and -should ship- by September 15th.

The format will be dead before I get my 5 free discs...[/QUOTE]

I got a similar postcard. I recevied my movies on Tuesday.

I just sent my package/letter today from the amazon xbox 360 hd-dvd deal... hopefully since the movies are now back in stock i get them relatively quickly :p

Wonder if i should have waited to try to get in on the newer 15 movie deal... oh well, too late now i suppose

Any good deals on this player? I was considering waiting to see if the A2 would drop, but if I can get a good enough deal on an A3, I'll wait for it.

i think lowering the prices of the movies would be a better way to get people to care. release new movies at $20 and catalog titles at $15 and have a good $200 player that does 1080p and you win the format war pretty easily.

[quote name='InvaderZim']The format will be dead before I get my 5 free discs...[/QUOTE]

If you feel that way about HD DVD, you don't deserve free discs.

[quote name='Hardware']If you feel that way about HD DVD, you don't deserve free discs.[/quote]

:)

Best regular 'DVD' player I have ever had. I can't believe how nice my old DVD's look and how perfectly it plays all of my DVDR's... I really like it.

I only have component inputs on my TV so I can't experience HD the way the other people here are...

Wow, still no 1080p with this player....I was intrigued, but I'll keep my 360 add-on for now. Still two good pack-in movies....not your typical throw away stuff.

[quote name='splattered']I just sent my package/letter today from the amazon xbox 360 hd-dvd deal... hopefully since the movies are now back in stock i get them relatively quickly :p

Wonder if i should have waited to try to get in on the newer 15 movie deal... oh well, too late now i suppose[/quote]

cant seem to find anything about a 15 movie deal, was that a typo? if not, can somebody linky?

[quote name='tysontomko']cant seem to find anything about a 15 movie deal, was that a typo? if not, can somebody linky?[/quote]

I believe that he is referring to the fact that they're introducing 15 new movies that you can choose from for your mail-in-rebate.

List of the 15 available HD DVD's for the new promotion starting October 1st.:
untitled1su8.png

Looks like its: Aon Flux, Babel, Black Rain, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Darkman, Firewall, The Frighteners, Full Metal Jacket, The Hulk, The Italian Job, Pitch Black, Syriana, The Thing, TMNT, U2 Rattle & Humm.

http://anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=3084&p=6
48.jpg

bread's done
Back