Total Annihilation exclusive on Impulse - $10

wow, that's great.

still have my copy yet.

Wonder why they didn't add the Battle Tactics... those were fun.

Actually they should have released that before CC..

Picked this game up at a a dollar store with two expansions and a guide for a buck. Remember it sat for like 2 years without me touching it then I decided to load it up when I got a new computer and had fun.

Still got my copy, with the expansions. Fantastic game; seemed like it was overshadowed by Starcraft at the time, but in many ways I preferred TA to SC.

Interesting. Is this site at all like GOG? Is there any DRM protection or can I download it on as many computers as I want?

Total Annihilation is probably my favorite RTS. I once had a 7 hour match online with some friends, was quite insane. It's kind of the spiritual predecessor of Supreme Commander since Gas Powered Games was formed by ex-Cavedog staffers. Speaking of Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander 2 is coming out soon, can't wait to play it.

i just hope that they don't try to shut down the spring engine and balanced annihilation cuz the spring community have put together an awesome rts engine. i even love their starship troopers-esqe tower defense mode.

Is this a timed-exclusive, or is this really going to be exclusive to Impulse for all eternity?

I'd really like to pick this up on Steam. I have the massive boxes sitting on my shelf and would like a digital copy.

This game was awesome back in the day. Awesome multiplayer, as long as no one peewee rushed. If I had a pc I would be picking it up so fast. Damn mac.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Everyone remembers Total Annihilation, but do you remember Total Annihilation: Kingdoms?[/QUOTE]

You bet I do. Man, those games take me back. Great stuff, even though I never got too deep into either. If I wasn't such a Command & Conquer fanboy I'd be in the Supreme Commander camp. The TA games were way ahead of their time. Weren't they the first to feature the ability to queue-up orders? Made Starcraft look absolutely archaic in comparison.

[quote name='Trastan']You bet I do. Man, those games take me back. Great stuff, even though I never got too deep into either. If I wasn't such a Command & Conquer fanboy I'd be in the Supreme Commander camp. The TA games were way ahead of their time. Weren't they the first to feature the ability to queue-up orders? Made Starcraft look absolutely archaic in comparison.[/QUOTE]

u can queue order in Starcraft. just use Shift key

[quote name='FadeToOne']Everyone remembers Total Annihilation, but do you remember Total Annihilation: Kingdoms?[/QUOTE]

Yes. And not in a good way.

[quote name='agentghost']u can queue order in Starcraft. just use Shift key[/QUOTE]

Not even close to TA levels, though. You could have your army and build order largely automated (even repairs, if I recall correctly), and be able to see and adjust commands on-the-fly. Honestly, outside of Supreme Commander, it still hasn't been equaled amongst its peers.

To be honest, I found a lot of the interface mechanics in Starcraft to be illogical even in its day. Awesome overall game and balance, but interface design was never Blizzard's strong suit.

bread's done
Back