total noob Question

pinkkirby

CAGiversary!
Hi sorry I bet these have been asnwered from time to time for sure... but these Qs are so noobish I think someone can just quickly educate me...

Can a core (not premium) 360

1. Play Ninja gaiden BLACK witout a problem? (I think i saw some post saying it need to use harddrive to emulate? gosh i hope i am wrong)

2. Play most of the game without problems?

The reason I am asking is because I am assuming without harddrive meaning you can't go on Xbox live? that means you can't download patch or play any multiplayer games ?

All I want is to get a core, play games like the old traditional system without going online. Ninja gaiden from xbox came accorss my mind is the only game I want to play for old Xbox title.

If it works, i would prefer not get live nor a harddrive.

Does any of the 360 game REQUIRES harddrive to run? such as Oblivion?

I never knew how xbox live and hdd works for current XBOX... since I don't own one. Finally I have to ask.

You need a harddrive to play Xbox 1 games. The hard drive is where the emulation software is stored.

You can play Xbox 1 games without Live, but you would need to download the Backwards Compatibility updates and burn them to a CD and then load them onto your 360 that way.

Oblivian uses the hard drive for a lot of cacheing.

You're really going to want to get a hard drive.

OH NO... sound complicated...

Shipwreck, HDD is *required to run oblivioin then? Ohh... crap.

Well I got no choice, I am getting a good deal for a core system...

So I need a HDD, but I don't really need live if i don't want to play multiplayer or other feature?

Ninja gaiden.. oblivion and GRAW are only 3 games I wanna play now..

[quote name='pinkkirby']OH NO... sound complicated...

Shipwreck, HDD is *required to run oblivioin then? Ohh... crap.

Well I got no choice, I am getting a good deal for a core system...

So I need a HDD, but I don't really need live if i don't want to play multiplayer or other feature?

Ninja gaiden.. oblivion and GRAW are only 3 games I wanna play now..[/QUOTE]

A hard drive is not required to play Oblivion, but I'm guessing the load times would be greatly increased if you didn't have one.

Do you have high speed internet? The 360 comes with a free Live Silver account which will let you do everything but play online multiplayer. It's really nice to be able to update the 360 and games that way. But it's not necessary.

If you are getting a good deal on a core system, just buy a hard drive separately. They are $100, but you'd have to spend $40 just for a small memory card anyway, so it just makes sense to buy the hard drive.

It's definately not complicated. Just think of it like this:

You need a HDD for your 360

Thats it. Not hard at all.

[quote name='zewone']It's definately not complicated. Just think of it like this:

You need a HDD for your 360

Thats it. Not hard at all.[/quote]

lol, cant get any simpler than that.

Shipwreck- Yes i have high speed internet. Btw, premium does not come with memory unit either, correct?

So let me get this straight... to play ninja gaiden, or all the 360 games AT LEAST SINGLE player... I better have hdd. But live subscription is not necessary. And Every 360 owner automatically has this "silver membership" for free which is ok to download patch and stuff.. but without multiplayer support?

Damn I hope I am right. So lost consider I was never a xbox owner.

[quote name='pinkkirby']Shipwreck- Yes i have high speed internet. Btw, premium does not come with memory unit either, correct?

So let me get this straight... to play ninja gaiden, or all the 360 games AT LEAST SINGLE player... I better have hdd. But live subscription is not necessary. And Every 360 owner automatically has this "silver membership" for free which is ok to download patch and stuff.. but without multiplayer support?

Damn I hope I am right. So lost consider I was never a xbox owner.[/QUOTE]

Everything you said there is correct (except I think you meant "Xbox 1 games" instead of "360 games". And not all Xbox 1 games are compatible (javeryh posted the link to those that are earlier in this thread).

[quote name='pinkkirby']Shipwreck- Yes i have high speed internet. Btw, premium does not come with memory unit either, correct?

Damn I hope I am right. So lost consider I was never a xbox owner.[/QUOTE]

For the premium unit, the memory is the Hard Drive (you can save all your games, demos, music, videos, etc. on it). What Shipwreck and others have been saying is that in order to play Xbox 1 games, you need the Hard Drive--- the emulation is on that.

If you're getting a great deal on the Core, then by all means-- you can find Hard Drives online and in some stores (in my area at least) for 100 bucks extra.Depends on how much money you are saving by buying your core as opposed to the 400 dollar Premium system, which has everything you need to play.

Let me stress that you don't NEED a Hard Drive to play Xbox 360 games, but it sure makes it lot less functional than what the 360 is capable of doing

I agree that if you are getting a really great deal on a core system, go for it. You can always purchase the hard drive seperately (for $100). But you WILL want the hard drive.

Not that these aren't all valid questions, but I have to ask myself, who at MS decided it would be a good idead to put out 2 different versions of the same console?? They must be sweeping the floors in the basement at this point...

ah... SO HDD can also be use as memory card! Now i am cleared.

My last question - I am buying this core from a friend of a friend... for a little over 200. He mentioned this is "brand new", i am wondering what type of "seal" does it come with 360? Just curious since I heard a lot of defective story and obviously this isn't a store which I can simply return it. Is there anyway you could have opened it, and put everything back and make this system looks untouched?

In case it's messed up, I have to deal with Microsoft directly?! Damn I hope they are nice to me, consider I am a Microsoft Certified Developer.... LOL

There is a clear sticker covering the DVD tray opening (clear across the front of it). If it is indeed "brand new" this sticker will still be in place. As far as waranty goes, fill out the registration card and claim you got it as a gift (hence the reason you don't have a receipt). The 360 is still "young" and people are reporting no problems with MS fixing/replacing defective units purchased in November even though it only has a 90 day waranty.

Also, Ninja Gaiden Black has an awful framerate on the 360, so bad, your first major battle, the guy that spins his sticks so fast, is nearly unplayable.
I agree with HD is needed.

Darn it, so for one game that I wanted the most is unplayable. LOL

I really don't have much desire playing any current 360 title (except GRAW).. and Oblivion i have pc version..........

Oh well.. hopefully I get a good 360 with awesome discount (fingers crossed)

thanks for all your help.

May want to post some questions regarding Ninja Gaiden...there was a backwards compatibility update recently that was supposed to fix it as well as other games (I don't have so I can't help you)

UPDATE:

according to a poster in this thread it is working flawlessly...

bread's done
Back