Total War Series

Droenixjpn

CAGiversary!
Well I loved Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War, then when Empire Total War came out, I didn't really play it and now Napoleon Total War came out... but, I find myself to be disappointed.

Does anyone else feel this way? They really made N:TW linear... :/

General Discussion of the Total War series.

I have Empire but haven't played it yet. I still play a lot of Third Age Total War mod for Medieval 2/Expansion. Going to try out the Warhammer one soon.

From what I read Napoleon TW seems to feel like more of an expansion then a whole new standalone game. I'll grab it when it goes on sale as the TW games are great.

I played a lot of Rome and its expansion, skimmed Medieval and bought both Empire and Napoleon, but haven't had time to play them.

Before I play, I go back and take a look at my notes from Military History for tactics from the time period and then use them in the game. I really want to play Empire because the time period is my favorite, but I fear I won't be able to until Summer.

I think they had to make Napoleon linear in order to focus the story and the history. That said, it seems a bit like an expansion pack than a whole new game.

Funny thing is, the expansion costs more than the game itself.

Empire: 29.99

Napoleon: 39.99

Well, I hope the next installment will be a bit more structured.

Napoleon isn't an expansion - it's completely stand alone. I think Napoleon is the best of the series and seems like a game that you can spend weeks trying to master.

bread's done
Back