Touch Dictionary Info?

It's a bit rough if you're trying to use it to learn Japanese. You have to have a good working knowledge of kanji along with the usual hirigana and katakana. The Japanese to English feature is good, but again, it's designed for a native speaker of Japanese with limited English, not the other way around.

I do have a friend who picked it up, and he said it was pretty useful. I think there are a few mini games on it.

I would assume w/ a title like Touch Dictionary that it would allow for writing imput considering Hangul (Korean) is a phonetic alphabet where as Kanji imput (Kanji Sonomama) would be considered much more complicated. W/ the first Japanese dictionary for the ds (Jiten Rakubiki) it allowed for both Hiragana and Katakana imput. So my assumption would be that if the other software titles offered it Touch Dictionary would also but then again it's 2 different software companies and 2 different languages.

[quote name='GnarlyG']I would assume w/ a title like Touch Dictionary that it would allow for writing imput considering Hangul (Korean) is a phonetic alphabet where as Kanji imput (Kanji Sonomama) would be considered much more complicated. W/ the first Japanese dictionary for the ds (Jiten Rakubiki) it allowed for both Hiragana and Katakana imput. So my assumption would be that if the other software titles offered it Touch Dictionary would also but then again it's 2 different software companies and 2 different languages.[/QUOTE]

That was my general concern but I may have to take the chance and bite the bullet to see what's up. Thanks for the Jiten Rakubiki suggestion, I may have to check that out too.

Here's a link to the Japanese website for the title. It shows you with small flash demos how the software works. I have this and it does a good job recognizing Kanji, assuming you know the correct stroke order. You can also use hiragana, katakana to look up words if you know their spelling. Or write the english equiv if you want to know the kanji equiv. I haven't used it that much, but I thought it would be nice to have if I pick up Japanese again one day.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/arjj/index.html?link=jpg

bread's done
Back