Touch Screen Problem?

Sockey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I think there may be problem with my touch screen. There are several things I have noticed about my it.

1. My touch screen is easily scratch. I try to touch it as lightly as possible (so light that somtimes it doesnt recognize) but it still gets scracthed. Also based on what other people have said the touchscreen is pretty scratch resistent.

2. When I touch the touchscreen with the stylus the screen sort of pushes forward a little bit. Kind of caves inward and then when I let goes back.

3. When I hold my DS up to a light I can see little dots spaced out across the screen.

I were wondering if anybody has heard of this happening and what I should do...

[quote name='Sockey']I think there may be problem with my touch screen. There are several things I have noticed about my it.

1. My touch screen is easily scratch. I try to touch it as lightly as possible (so light that somtimes it doesnt recognize) but it still gets scracthed. Also based on what other people have said the touchscreen is pretty scratch resistent.

2. When I touch the touchscreen with the stylus the screen sort of pushes forward a little bit. Kind of caves inward and then when I let goes back.

3. When I hold my DS up to a light I can see little dots spaced out across the screen.

I were wondering if anybody has heard of this happening and what I should do...[/QUOTE]

Get a new Stylus?

well numbers 2 and 3 are common i believe, because my screen goes in a bit when you touch it and i two can see the little separated dots with the suns ray , number 1 WTF are you sure

The dots are common. My touch screen also gives in very slightly.

As for the scratching, I highly doubt it scratches THAT easily. But if it does, check the stylus.

Thank everybody. It does seem to scratch really easily and thats kind of upset me since Ive read alot of people talk about how scratch resistent the screen is. If I call Nintendo will they replace my DS because of this? (I have already done that once...) As for 2 and 3 I thought they were odd because my brother's DS doesnt have either of them.

Are you sure the screen isn't dirty and you are just scraping away filth? That is far more likely than your screen getting scratched.

yeah I've tried wiping it off several times. Im preety sure they are scraches.
Oh and one more thing ive noticed when i wipe it with anything it has a smudged look across the screen that doesnt go away.

My touch screen has quite a few light scratches that are only visible when you hold it up to extreme light. Are they that type of scratch or the easy to see "playable system in Wal-Mart" scratches?

Mine are nothing like the ones at stores but I can see them in normal light conditions when I look at the touch screen straight (not at an angle). They only dissappear when I play in the dark.

Just now I were testing it in picto chat and just going back and forth lightly gave it another scratch. Its like mines missing some scratch resistent layer or somthing.

[quote name='Sockey']Mine are nothing like the ones at stores but I can see them in normal light conditions when I look at the touch screen straight (not at an angle). They only dissappear when I play in the dark.[/QUOTE]

You might think about sending it in to Nintendo then, That 1 year warranty is still good, provided you didn't buy it used.

Yeah im thinking about doing that the only thing is ive already done that once. If I do send it in im definatley getting a screen protector.

Mine gets 'scratches' all the time, but they wipe away. They're just blemishes. You sure that isn't what yours is?

Also, remember that the system won't be perfect forever.

I get those "scrathes" that wipe away too but under them somtimes theres a permanant scratch. And the first time I did send it in because it was scratched but they were those light barley seeable ones and decided to see if they would replace it and they did. I am confident that I am not pushing too hard. Well tomorrow ill try calling Nintendo I guess.

Thanks everybody for your help.

[quote name='Sockey']I get those "scrathes" that wipe away too but under them somtimes theres a permanant scratch. And the first time I did send it in because it was scratched but they were those light barley seeable ones and decided to see if they would replace it and they did. I am confident that I am not pushing too hard. Well tomorrow ill try calling Nintendo I guess.

Thanks everybody for your help.[/QUOTE]

On a side note, we are both from Tulsa.

bread's done
Back