Tower.com 25% off storewide jan18-22

JEKKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I jus got an email:

http://email.tower.com/P/v3/Microsite.asp?E=63972;834973;322084762;3;02&R=T1_ONL&A=1007

basically,

SITEWIDE SALE. 4 days only, Jan 19 - 22.

save 25% (or more? I think books is 35%) on CDs, DVDs, Books, Game, n Accessory

PLUS! SNEAK PEAK for Insider memebers (like me!)

an extra 10% off stuff (except games...) using coupon code 8KD4ACS3AUAD Jan 18 ONLY!

(I assume u gotta be logged into your account to see the early 25% off)

tax applies to all orders if applicable, and standard shipping appears to be $3 + $1 each additional game/item

really not the best deal (especially since tax & shipping balance the savings on DS games), but a deal nontheless

http://www.tower.com

damn, Viva Pinatas not eligible.

or is it? during checkout it says not eligible for special discounts or free shipping.

Thx for info. A quick question, though. It says 25% between the 19-22, but the "additional" 10% is only for the 18th, correct??

[quote name='boozi']Thx for info. A quick question, though. It says 25% between the 19-22, but the "additional" 10% is only for the 18th, correct??[/quote]

from how i understand, members get to start the 18th for the 25%, and can add the coupon for the total of at least 35% off.

[quote name='hhhdx4']damn, Viva Pinatas not eligible.

or is it? during checkout it says not eligible for special discounts or free shipping.[/QUOTE]for a clarification, NO GAME is eligible for further discounts.

the 25% will be taken off come friday, and it will apply to EVERYTHING.

Games however is not eligible for further discounts, i.e. the extra 10% on thrusday (if u can access that)

regardless, the only game I want is Elite beat Agents, but unless I'm buying more games the deal is killed by tax n shipping

then again, I do have my eyes on that Masta Ace remix n rarity collection

[quote name='JEKKI']for a clarification, NO GAME is eligible for further discounts.

the 25% will be taken off come friday, and it will apply to EVERYTHING.

Games however is not eligible for further discounts, i.e. the extra 10% on thrusday (if u can access that)

regardless, the only game I want is Elite beat Agents, but unless I'm buying more games the deal is killed by tax n shipping

then again, I do have my eyes on that Masta Ace remix n rarity collection[/QUOTE]
Dude, thx a lot for that code :p I'll be able to get some good manga for pretty cheap thx to you ^^

[quote name='jjz203']All the games already say "Save: $xx.xx (25%)" so does that mean the sale is already in effect today?[/quote]

yes. the extra 10% coupon code also works on books and cd's, etc. not games though

[quote name='serum79']yes. the extra 10% coupon code also works on books and cd's, etc. not games though[/QUOTE]
Um... thanks? That didn't answer my question but at least someone tried.

[quote name='jjz203']Um... thanks? That didn't answer my question but at least someone tried.[/quote]
you asked whether the sale is in effect today right?
yes is the answer
there is also the 10% coupon that works in addition to the 25% off, but that 10% does not include not games
I am confused...did you have another question?

what exactly is meant by being an "insider"? Does that just mean you have an account with the site or is it some sort of different premium membership?

[quote name='MadFlava']Any free shipping code?[/QUOTE]

Site says free U.S. shipping on orders $20 or more.

Edit: Ahh, clicking on the link says it is for eligible products so who knows what those include.

:360: Harmony Remote - $97.49
:360: Wireless Racing Wheel - $112.XX
:360: Play & Charge Kit - $14.98
:360: Wirless Controller - $37.49
:360: Microsoft Points 1600 - $14.98

Zune 30GB Black $187.XX

Damn you Jekki for posting this! :bomb:

Ive had $280+ worth of games sitting in my cart since this morning. I just paired it down to about $185 worth of games... but thats still too much! I gotta cut some other stuff out of there. =(

I don't understand this sale.

25% off starts tomorrow (the 19th)? But you can get 35% off today?

This makes no sense.

I guess I've figured it out, though.

Too bad 10% doesn't work on any games.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I don't understand this sale.

25% off starts tomorrow (the 19th)? But you can get 35% off today?

This makes no sense.

I guess I've figured it out, though.

Too bad 10% doesn't work on any games.[/QUOTE]

Basically, the 25% off is the listed price on the site. Then take 10% off that with the coupon. So it's more like 25% then 10% than 35%

I feel dumb asking this, but where do we enter the 10% off code? I've used codes on Tower before, but for some reason I can't figure out where to enter it this time.

EDIT: never mind, I just noticed the "Yes, I have a coupon" checkbox on the shopping bag page.

[quote name='BustaUppa']what exactly is meant by being an "insider"? Does that just mean you have an account with the site or is it some sort of different premium membership?[/QUOTE]well insiders are like frequent shopper type dudes.

we get email notifications of when stuff goes down,

as well as coupons.

however, the insider membership was introduced very close to the store's closing

so it never really rewarded frequent shoppers with anything extra.

Anyway, I am definately glad non-members were able to take advantage of the early sale + 10% off coupon

Well tower just lost my sale. I was going to order some manga, but when I added it to my cart it was raising the price from 40% off to 25% off. When I called they just told me the cart price is the price you pay. So after the coupon they are 35% off instead of 50% off like they should be according to the prices on the website!

I wonder why tower went out of business almost everywhere? It could'nt be because of thier awesome customer service. I was going to purchase banana fish 3-18, thats over 100 dollars after shipping that they just lost.

Ok, I just pulled the trigger, and had an incredible stroke of luck.

I got my cart down to $165.xx. Im checking out, and I go into my wallet to pull out my credit card, and right next to it I notice I have a Tower Records gift card in there. I totally forgot about it, its been in my wallet for years.

So I type in the cards code and I have $33 left on it! So I apply it to the order and checked out. BTW: Tower.com may have the longest most convoluted checkout process Ive ever gone thru. It took me about 15 minutes to actually submit my order once I was ready to checkout.

Heres my haul:

Summon Night 2: gba
Capcom Classics minimix: gba
Yoshis Island DS
Bomberman Land Touch DS
Elite Beat Agents DS
Capcom Classics 2 PS2
King of Fighters 2006 PS2

all for $131.xx shipped! :D

Shipping and tax sorta kills this for me (since the 10% off won't work with games or MS points, evidently). I was about to order Lost Planet and a points card, but meh.

[quote name='blucadet3']Well tower just lost my sale. I was going to order some manga, but when I added it to my cart it was raising the price from 40% off to 25% off. When I called they just told me the cart price is the price you pay. So after the coupon they are 35% off instead of 50% off like they should be according to the prices on the website!

I wonder why tower went out of business almost everywhere? It could'nt be because of thier awesome customer service. I was going to purchase banana fish 3-18, thats over 100 dollars after shipping that they just lost.[/QUOTE]Same thing happened to me. It totally kills the deal.

I don't think Tower.com really gives a shit that it lost our sales, though. The price we would've paid would've been at or below cost. They'd probably be losing money on us.

Huh. I saw some books I was thinking of getting, and it was listing them as at a 51% discount when I searched, but when I add to cart it has 'em listed at 35% which is the same as Amazon.

Well, thanks for mentioning the deal, and I'll keep rooting around, but I'm kinda bummed that I can't get the Über deal.

Edit: Damnit, they're doing that to everything. There's one that's listed as 46% off, then when I add it it's 28%. HRARGH

[quote name='blucadet3']Well tower just lost my sale. I was going to order some manga, but when I added it to my cart it was raising the price from 40% off to 25% off. When I called they just told me the cart price is the price you pay. So after the coupon they are 35% off instead of 50% off like they should be according to the prices on the website!

I wonder why tower went out of business almost everywhere? It could'nt be because of thier awesome customer service. I was going to purchase banana fish 3-18, thats over 100 dollars after shipping that they just lost.[/QUOTE]
Meh, sorry to hear that dude :whistle2:\ I actually ordered some manga 3:30-4AM (EST) and I got the 50% off :D Guess you needed to order it a little earlier to get the 50%

There may be hope! Perhaps when this sale ends in 4 days the manga will go back to its original, pre-sale discount. Sure you wont get the extra 10%, but 40% off is still pretty decent, although Amazons free/cheap shipping may still kill it.

I wonder why tower went out of business almost everywhere? It could'nt be because of thier awesome customer service. I was going to purchase banana fish 3-18, thats over 100 dollars after shipping that they just lost.[/quote]

The items are different compared to their listed price. If it goes back to the regular sale, would anyone have free shipping codes?

Here's some info on the Free Shipping offer, it's automatic but doesn't include games.

From Tower's Website:

Free USPS Shipping will be automatically applied to eligible products totaling $20 or More! (Delivery dates and times are not guaranteed)

bullet.gif
spacer.gif

FREE Expedited 2nd Business Day will be automatically applied to eligible products totaling $100 or More!*

No Coupon Code Required!
Eligible products include music, movies and non-video game accessories. We may occasionally exclude any of these items from free shipping at any time. Books, video games and video game accessories do not qualify for free shipping.
Should your order consist of items that do not qualify for free shipping, you will be charged a shipping fee for those items only.
Orders must be shipping from the United States to domestic addresses (excluding U.S. Territories). Shipping offers cannot be combined or used with other offers. Offer is available online and at 1-800-ASK-TOWER. Shipments to Armed Forces and P.O. Boxes will be shipped via the United States Postal Service. *If the first part of your order ships via Expedited courier, and you have a backorder that is equal to or greater than $75.00, we will upgrade your backorder shipping to Expedited 2nd Business Day at no additional cost. The backorder must be shipping from the same warehouse for the free upgrade. If your backorder is under $75.00 it will ship via the United States Postal Service (USPS) and you will not be charged any additional shipping fees. Backorder shipments will only be made when the remainder of the order is available to ship or when your order is due to expire (after 30 days) and some titles are available to ship.

I've searched everywhere for free shipping, but they only apply to non-videogame merchandise (games and accessories).

:cry:

EDIT: I read the same thing, but too lazy to copy/paste.

Wario Ware is 37.49 and shipping is only 2.95, so that's like 10 bucks off. If you can't wait til it's chaper you could do worse.

[quote name='blair2100']Wario Ware is 37.49 and shipping is only 2.95, so that's like 10 bucks off. If you can't wait til it's chaper you could do worse.[/QUOTE]
Taxes?

I got an email last night saying that cos my order was soo big (7 games) they were giving me a free upgrade to 2nd day UPS. I still paid for shipping (cheapest one) but the upgrade to faster shipping is nice.

THe deal worked out for me cos I had a giftcard to apply, but I still think its a decent deal for games that are full price everywhere else.

Thanks Jekki! :D

The PS3 games seem to be the best deal, no? $45 for a game that retails for $60 doesn't seem too bad to me.

2 PS3 games shipped to me was about $94 ($4 ship and no tax).

I dont' have a PS3, but sent this to my brother in law who does.

is it just me or were things cheaper before the sale? I was looking at some Criterions a few days ago that were about $22 before the sale so I figured, sweet, I'll take a look friday and they'll be even cheaper. They're all $29.99 now, but supposedly 25% off.

I picked up the Devil may cry collection for $27.xx after taxes and shipping. So it saved me several bucks from its standard price.

3x 1600 Marketplace Point for $50 delivered. Thanks OP! My wife can finally get the full version of Bejeweled 2. Did I mention she bought the 360 as a gift for me...yeah...right. I'm lucky to get on to play Gears at night now :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:360: Harmony Remote - $97.49
:360: Wireless Racing Wheel - $112.XX
:360: Play & Charge Kit - $14.98
:360: Wirless Controller - $37.49
:360: Microsoft Points 1600 - $14.98

Zune 30GB Black $187.XX[/QUOTE]

I can't find the damn zune... can someone post a link?

bread's done
Back