Toy Story 3

I also think it is the best film of the year thus far. The film is more for adults than anything because children will not understand the main theme of the film; you had to have lived your childhood in order to understand. The movie went places that family movies rarely go and I applaud them for it.

[quote name='advanced']I don't know, but it was messed up to watch how they went about it. I mean, I don't know how I would have done it, but I was mad. Like,
Oh, and Wheezy getting thrown out pissed me off too. Like, damn. I loved the little guy.
.[/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken, the voice actor for Wheezy passed away :(

[quote name='Azumangaman']
[/QUOTE]

Thats sad news... :(

To brighten the mood, I got the Toy Story 3 game today to play with my girl and it came with Movie Cash, so it looks like I'm going to be going again. :)

Man it's crazy how varied opinions are on the Pixar films. With them being so similarly structured and made by the same folks, you'd think opinions may be less diverse. I think that's pretty cool...

[quote name='Azumangaman']
[/QUOTE]
Well so did Slinky's. And that would be horribly sad if they "threw him away" because he died in real life. Eek.

the movie was incredible brought back childhood memories of seeing both 1 and 2 when I was younger...hopefully disney/pixar does the right thing and ends the series now instead of trying to drag it on into oblivion

Man, it sucks to hear that some of you cried. I will be taking the kids tomorrow and I don't like my chances. Especially after what they did to me during the Jessi part in TS2.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Man, it sucks to hear that some of you cried. I will be taking the kids tomorrow and I don't like my chances. Especially after what they did to me during the Jessi part in TS2.[/QUOTE]

If that part got you in TS2, you don't stand a chance during the last 15 minutes of TS3 :lol:.

I saw it last night, and as we were walking to the car my wife said we needed to own it. She never says we need to own a movie (not that that's stopped me from amassing a sizable collection), so that's a pretty high compliment for a movie.

[quote name='advanced']Anybody else pissed off about
them writing Little Bo Peep out like that
? While its completely understandable, don't you think that
Woody and the gang would have done SOMETHING to prevent it
? I don't know, maybe I'm just being petty.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was a very subtly powerful part of the movie. Woody reacted exactly the way you would expect a person to react when someone mentions a painful loss, from his facial expressions to the way he quickly changed the subject. We don't get an explanation about what happened or why it wasn't preventable because it's just too hard for Woody to talk about it. I could be misreading that scene, but that's what I got out of it.

As a side note, whoever replaced Jim Varney as Slinky Dog sounded almost exactly like him.

[quote name='IvanHood']
I thought that was a very subtly powerful part of the movie. Woody reacted exactly the way you would expect a person to react when someone mentions a painful loss, from his facial expressions to the way he quickly changed the subject. We don't get an explanation about what happened or why it wasn't preventable because it's just too hard for Woody to talk about it. I could be misreading that scene, but that's what I got out of it.

As a side note, whoever replaced Jim Varney as Slinky Dog sounded almost exactly like him.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with the spoiler. It still made me mad though, but I do agree with your thoughts.

And it was Shawn's dad from Boy Meets World who replaced him I believe.

[quote name='advanced']

And it was Shawn's dad from Boy Meets World who replaced him I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was close friends with Varney before he died. Honestly if I hadn't known, I wouldn't have realized the actor was different.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Man, it sucks to hear that some of you cried. I will be taking the kids tomorrow and I don't like my chances. Especially after what they did to me during the Jessi part in TS2.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that is NOTHING compared to what this movie has in store for you. I normally don't cry at movies, but it was just flowing out of me for this one.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yeah, he was close friends with Varney before he died. Honestly if I hadn't known, I wouldn't have realized the actor was different.[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten that he passed. I'm more impressed now, since slinky sounded the same to me.

Love the movie. As did my 2 yr old. He sat through the entire movie. He had yet to do that at the 1st 3 movies he went to.

[quote name='advanced']Anybody else pissed off about
them writing Little Bo Peep out like that
? While its completely understandable, don't you think that
Woody and the gang would have done SOMETHING to prevent it
? I don't know, maybe I'm just being petty.

This movie was amazing though. Simply amazing. Definitely better than 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they shouldn't have written any of the characters off like that. They should have had it where the characters that weren't going to be involved in the story actually made it to the attic and the others were "trashed".

[quote name='wildcpac']
So Armond White and his kind kept TS3 from being a perfect 100 on Rotten Tomatoes.
Mmmhmmm
[/quote]

Don't diss Armond White. He gave good reviews to timeless classics such as Jonah Hex, Dance Flick, and Land of the Lost.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'm trying to figure out when would be the best time to see it in hopes of having less children in the theater. I can only imagine what the theater is like right now.[/QUOTE]

Turns out I should have been more worried about the black adults instead. They were talking and being obnoxious more than the 8 year olds in the audience.

saw it today. it was ok i guess. toy story 1 is still by far the best. 2 and 3 kind of had the same story with the whole kids getting old thing.

[quote name='wwe101']saw it today. it was ok i guess. toy story 1 is still by far the best. 2 and 3 kind of had the same story with the whole kids getting old thing.[/QUOTE]

Actually, TS2 wasn't about Andy gettiing old... There was just that one scene where Woody has a dream that Andy doesn't want to play with him anymore because he's "broken", which was actually a throwback to a scene they wanted to include in TS1. Unless you're talking about the Woody's Roundup gang sub-plot, which was more of a backstory to Jessie's character since she was being newly introduced into the franchise. If I had to say so, I would say TS3 was a more fleshed out continuation of that sub-plot in TS2, than a double telling of the story in TS2.

But really though, wouldn't that be a toy's main fear anyway? :) So it's not like it's unoriginal re-hash or anything...

I think the story they came up with was way better than Buzz being recalled back to Taiwan and the toys setting out to rescue him plot. It's way to similar to TS2's real plot(the toys setting out to rescue a stolen Woody), plus, there's the whole Japan/taiwan parallel. (Japan being where the museum was Woody was being sold to, for any of you that don't remember.)

[quote name='advanced']I don't know, but it was messed up to watch how they went about it. I mean, I don't know how I would have done it, but I was mad. Like,
Woody wouldn't try to save her? We couldn't have gotten a bit more information than that? Was she in the attic or something?
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how you interpreted the movie
as saying that Woody didn't try to save Bo Peep. The way I saw it, she's gone, and it could have been years ago. None of them were flippant in mentioning her and Wheezy, but I also don't think that they needed to be in hysterics. What happened happened. Even in real life, people get over loved ones' deaths, and I don't think it was even clear that Bo Peep and Wheezy were actually trashed. They may simply have gone off to other homes through yard sales.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']
Yeah they shouldn't have written any of the characters off like that. They should have had it where the characters that weren't going to be involved in the story actually made it to the attic and the others were "trashed".
[/QUOTE]

I think that was actually a very important and necessary part of the story.
The absence of these characters was meant to incite the feelings you're expressing. To see the group we all remembered so fondly reduced to a remaining few really drove home the realness of mortality. Toy Story 3's entire story is wrapped in a pathos of knowing mortality, and that's really what makes it so great.

I took my kids to see it today. It was a great movie. While there were some sad parts, I didn't get as choked up as I thought I would. There were some really funny parts and the ending was really special.

Great movie. Did any noticed the $5 dollar bill in the trash truck? When the dumpster was emptied onto them. Also don't forget, Peep was a lamp, not a toy.

Pixar> Let's have a subtle but touching way of remembering our fallen friend Joe Ranft, and in a slightly more subtle way, Robert Goulet.
Internet> fuck YOU PIXAR FOR WRITING OFF WHEEZY LIKE SUCH A BITCH

This is why we can't have nice things.

Movie was much, much better than I expected. Surprisingly so.

bread's done
Back