Toy Story PS3 Bundle at Target

bsutton1

CAGiversary!
If anybody is interested, Target has a Toy Story PS3 Bundle for $349.99 in this week's ad.
1 250gb PS3 Console with 1 wireless controller
Toy Story 1 & 2 Blu-Ray
Toy Story 3 game

I'm kind of tempted as I'm looking for a good PS3 Bundle but I don't have any desire for the Toy Story stuff.

TS3 the game for the PS3 is definitely the definitive version..you get Zurg as an unlockable character and there is added Move support, however, Move support isn't for the entire game, rather just a bonus mini game..

I remeber Wal-Mart having the 120gb console w/ Infamous, Batman: Asylum, and The Dark Knight blu-ray for $299.99 last Friday. I would of gone for that but didn't due to finances.

I found it on Target's website and I think the ad is a misprint. They stopped making 250gb PS3s a long time ago and the picture shown is the wrong box.

It's probably the 160gb PS3 and it even says as such on the Target Website.

http://www.target.com/Toy-Story-Bundle-PlayStation/dp/B0045W3AVU/ref=huc_ic_1_pn

It's still not a bad bundle for parents with kids, but I already have Toy Story 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray with no real need for the TS3 videogame. However, it's nice to see Sony starting to roll out with the holiday bundles. I just hope they release one in a special color this time. (crazy, I know)

The target site still says 250 gb drive in the Hard Drive capacity, yet says 160gb in the description. When they screwed up the headset with the XBOX Arcades (twice), they gave an additional discount. Might be worth pursuing.

I'm thinking about picking this one up and then returning the movies and game for store credit to capitalize on Target's B2G1FREE promotion. Are the game/movies stil wrapped and would they accept returns for store credit if I don't show a receipt?

[quote name='redskyy']I'm thinking about picking this one up and then returning the movies and game for store credit to capitalize on Target's B2G1FREE promotion. Are the game/movies stil wrapped and would they accept returns for store credit if I don't show a receipt?[/QUOTE]

The odds of that working are about 1% if the items aren't actually packaged in the box. 0% if they are.

[quote name='bsutton1']^Their is a red Wii coming out with Mario Kart next month. Who knows..[/QUOTE]

Actually the Red Wii is bundled w/ New Super Mario Bros. Wii & the Red DSiXL is the one bundled w/ Mario Kart. However I knew what you were trying to say. ;)

I was at Target earlier today. I saw the PS3 bundles in a case underneath PS3 Console display. It looked their were no games/movies included with it. I may go back tomorrow and check on it.

I heard the toy story game was actually decent but still not worth it imo. id rather have one 60 dollar game than a uninteresting game and 2 blu rays.

[quote name='redskyy']I'm thinking about picking this one up and then returning the movies and game for store credit to capitalize on Target's B2G1FREE promotion. Are the game/movies stil wrapped and would they accept returns for store credit if I don't show a receipt?[/QUOTE]

Target's return policy is crap. They do let you return 2 things without a receipt (per year) and they can't surpass a certain amount, which I can't remember, but it's like 25 bucks or so

Idk about games/ stuff with bundles, it might not be for resale right? When I got the Infamous/LBP PS3 bundle, it says on the back that they are not for resale.

[quote name='solidusdeus']Target's return policy is crap. They do let you return 2 things without a receipt (per year) and they can't surpass a certain amount, which I can't remember, but it's like 25 bucks or so[/QUOTE]

90 days is quite generous given others' return windows. And most stores don't enforce the 15% restocking fee. It's not the most liberal return policy, but it's pretty much like everyone else's. No opened games/movies for obvious reasons, you can only exchange for the same game, etc. etc... so unless you like gaming the system, I think it's pretty fair.

At first thought, this sounded like an online-only deal (this week's ad has a Target.com flier in the middle advertising online-only bundles)... but this looks like it's outside of that. You won't see it on the floor until tomorrow at the earliest. Most stores don't set their game case revisions until during the day Monday or very early on Tuesday. I haven't seen this week's label strips, yet. If it's on the shelf yet, just politely ask a team member if it's in the back.

[quote name='bredbu']it doesnt come with toy story 3 the movie thats just silly[/QUOTE]

and the movie is way better then the game

Is this bundle target exclusive?

I think it's a great value, but buying it from target with shipping and taxes it goes up to $394... and that's not so great.

I hope amazon offers the same bundle or a similar one...

[quote name='Dante G']Is this bundle target exclusive?

I think it's a great value, but buying it from target with shipping and taxes it goes up to $394... and that's not so great.

I hope amazon offers the same bundle or a similar one...[/QUOTE]

It's listed on Amazon, but sold by Target... So who knows if they'll get this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-3-B..._9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288804821&sr=1-9

There will be some Playstation 3 Black Friday bundles. Last year, different retailers got different games. We'll see what they do this year.

Most content (games/movies) that come bundled do not have a UPC, rather they have a "NOT FOR RESALE" message where the UPC would be. So you would not be able to return them.

Yeah that Batman/Infamous bundle was pretty sweet, probably the one bundle I would choose but i got the LBP/Infamous bundle. Another Batman bundle would kill tho.

Thought I saw these at Target Mon night. I was busy buying my 160gb for 199, so I didn't pay much attention, but there was definitely a toy story bundle in the case. I thought it said 250gb on the box.

Heading back out that way to look for more buy 2 get 1 free stuff, so I'll look again.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Thought I saw these at Target Mon night. I was busy buying my 160gb for 199, so I didn't pay much attention, but there was definitely a toy story bundle in the case. I thought it said 250gb on the box.

Heading back out that way to look for more buy 2 get 1 free stuff, so I'll look again.[/QUOTE]

This price being the hhgragg pricematch?

bread's done
Back