Toyrus Resident Evil Revelation for 39.99 with free case

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
I just took a look at Toyrus site and see that Resident Evil Revelation for 3ds is at 39.99 WITH a free 3ds case, which made it the same as the best buy deal. However... with the groupon toyrus gift card deal a while back this might be a good choice. The deal is good for online only and I am not sure on the $10 giftcard if it apply.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']would totally go for this if i get the case +10 gc....can anybody confirm?[/QUOTE]

I have never seen a Gift Card deal for TRU that was also valid online so I'm assuming the Gift Card is in store only. And for most stores except Gamestop the cases are an online only deal.

I really doubt that will stack. The only chance would be if your TRU had cases to give out in-store

I may actually pick this up from toysrus. I still have a gift card from them, back from when final fantasy 13 released. $13.

Also, the entire first US shipment of this game has a spelling error on the spine, so if you call 650-350-6700 or e-mail them ([email protected]) you can receive a replacement case insert for your copy. Just wanted to share.

[quote name='Sivarticus']Also, the entire first US shipment of this game has a spelling error on the spine, so if you call 650-350-6700 or e-mail them ([email protected]) you can receive a replacement case insert for your copy. Just wanted to share.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks for the info!

crap... toyrus online state it still have stock but it is not letting me purchase it. Maybe i will hit local toyrus store to see if it is $39.99 with $10 gift card

What do u guys think are better? #9.99 with a free 10 gift card from toyrus or game for 39.99 with free case and i got a Hori soft case. I have gift card for both toyrus and best buy.

Another obvious point to make is that the Circle Pad Pro won't work with the case, so if you're planning on playing it with that... well, the case is more just a thing to sit in a drawer unless you feel like taking it off every time you want to use the second circle pad.

[quote name='007']Another obvious point to make is that the Circle Pad Pro won't work with the case, so if you're planning on playing it with that... well, the case is more just a thing to sit in a drawer unless you feel like taking it off every time you want to use the second circle pad.[/QUOTE]

or anyone with the nyko battery installed.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Good point but as of now the circle pad only work with RE.[/QUOTE]

True, but I know almost the entirety of my February 3DS gaming will be taken up by both Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid (Feb. 22) which *both* can use the circle pad. I'd imagine that'd be the same for most people who are picking the pad up, which is why I mentioned it.

For a lot of people it won't be a big deal, but some of the protective cases are a huge pain in the ass to remove once you get them on. I don't know if this is one of them or not, but I figured it was worth throwing out there.

I wondering can someone who intend to go to Toyrus store to pick up the game can confirm the game is 39.99 and come with free gift card?

Just got back from my TRU. Game is $49.99 in store and the guy would NOT price match the $39.99 it showed on the website. He gave me the whole "Our website is completely different than our store" and the reason for the $10 GC was because it was $10 more. Needless to say he just wasn't going to give me the $39.99 +$10GC

[quote name='udryguy']Just got back from my TRU. Game is $49.99 in store and the guy would NOT price match the $39.99 it showed on the website. He gave me the whole "Our website is completely different than our store" and the reason for the $10 GC was because it was $10 more. Needless to say he just wasn't going to give me the $39.99 +$10GC[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I was about to step out and head to TRU to check for myself but I also had problems before having them match their website for sales so your experience is no surprise. Guess I'm heading to BB instead now.

[quote name='Orb01']Thanks for the info. I was about to step out and head to TRU to check for myself but I also had problems before having them match their website for sales so your experience is no surprise. Guess I'm heading to BB instead now.[/QUOTE]

I was about to do the same thing. Ended up just doing a .com store pickup order for best buy. Get the game today, get the case shipped to me in a week.

[quote name='udryguy']Just got back from my TRU. Game is $49.99 in store and the guy would NOT price match the $39.99 it showed on the website. He gave me the whole "Our website is completely different than our store" and the reason for the $10 GC was because it was $10 more. Needless to say he just wasn't going to give me the $39.99 +$10GC[/QUOTE]

Game is definitely $49.99 in store. Perhaps this will get fixed later in the week (is the gift card only good today or all week?).

Anyways I had success getting KOA PM'd to their website at $44.99 and I'm sure I could have gotten RE Revelations PM'd as well but I just assumed I was charged $39.99 and didn't realize I was charged $49.99 until I got out to the car.

I mean there really isn't any good reason for them to charge $49.99 as that isn't the MSRP

yeah i just got back from toys r us as well, $50 :/ smh , i should have just bought from amazon, curse me for wanting that $10 gift card

I got the Vernon Hills, IL to lower it to the $39.99. Employee was nice, he looked it up on their site and I explained the MSRP change. I also got the $10 GC, but no cases. They said they only got 2 copies in (?!?)

Just got back from TRU. Went in and got Lady and the Tramp and a $5 GC for $11.99 plus tax. Went to get Resident Evil and it rang up for $49.99. I told the employee that it was $39.99 on the website and he went to confirm it. He then came back and gave me the choice of price matching the website and getting a $10 GC or the case so I picked the GC.

Can't you use the groupon codes to buy an e-gift card and send that to yourself. Then, when you get it - use the e-gift card to make the purchase online?

Well, the toyrus I went to allowed the price match but refuse to give me the gift card. I got the game but debating should I return it and pick up at toyrus .com for the free case...

[quote name='Xellos2099']Well, the toyrus I went to allowed the price match but refuse to give me the gift card. I got the game but debating should I return it and pick up at toyrus .com for the free case...[/QUOTE]
so u just got the game for $39.99? that just means you bought it for retail price

The slackers at the TRU in Kendall (Miami), FL location had it at $49.99 and I told them it is MSRP at $39.99 including their online store. I said it seemed their store systems did not update this universal drop. They said they could not price match the online store at $39.99 as t is against policy. They tried to reason that I would still get it at $39.99 with the $10 GC and said the deal is better than their competitors and I said they were ridiculous with that reasoning and I left without it.

[quote name='jkimrey']Is this the game that has the typo in the title?[/QUOTE]

Yes, mine says "Revelaitons" on the spine.

Wonder if that will make these initial runs more valuable in the future?

[quote name='Orb01']Yes, mine says "Revelaitons" on the spine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Wonder if that will make these initial runs more valuable in the future?[/QUOTE]

That probably depends on whether or not Capcom has retailers send the typo versions back once they get the corrected print run into the supply chain. If they don't, then these likely won't be much more valuable in the future.

[quote name='winterlane']That probably depends on whether or not Capcom has retailers send the typo versions back once they get the corrected print run into the supply chain. If they don't, then these likely won't be much more valuable in the future.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they will be valuable either way. The print run of this game seems pretty massive and there are literally hundreds of thousands of copies already out there with the error which will be in the hands of consumers in the next few days. Heck, Capcom never recalled Okami with the IGN error and as far as I know, every Wii copy has the error.

I went to TRU earlier and they ran out of copies. I asked about the price and the guy said $50, so it doesn't sound like I was going to be able to adjust it anyway. Anyway, he mentioned that the manufacturer didn't ship enough (possibly due to the typo?), so more was coming in tomorrow.

Tried the same thing tonight in Woburn, MA and got the same answer. They were willing to match the $39.99 from the website, though, just not with the $10 GC. I could only have one or the other. Considering the retail price is $39.99 EVERYWHERE ELSE I said "this is stupid" and walked out. Hello Gamestop, would you like my money?

Just got back, they checked and were willing to give the "$39.99 price match" (*cough*MSRP*cough*) but not with the $10 giftcard, as everyone else has mentioned. Just another nail in the inevitable TRU coffin ... between their inflated LEGO prices and lack of competitive offers, the past 6 months have seen me using Toys R Us more like a showroom for online purchases than an actual store.

[quote name='etcrane']Just got back, they checked and were willing to give the "$39.99 price match" (*cough*MSRP*cough*) but not with the $10 giftcard, as everyone else has mentioned. Just another nail in the inevitable TRU coffin ... between their inflated LEGO prices and lack of competitive offers, the past 6 months have seen me using Toys R Us more like a showroom for online purchases than an actual store.[/QUOTE]

The system won't allow it. Once an item's price gets changed, any promos attached to it are voided.

What I would have done was mark the game down to $29.99 and then add a $10 gift card to the purchase to make the total $39.99, but that's just common sense and we all know that is hard to find in most TRU's.

[quote name='prim4444']The system won't allow it. Once an item's price gets changed, any promos attached to it are voided.

What I would have done was mark the game down to $29.99 and then add a $10 gift card to the purchase to make the total $39.99, but that's just common sense and we all know that is hard to find in most TRU's.[/QUOTE]

Prim do you still work at TRU (I thought I saw that somewhere)?

If so do you know if they'll change the price in the computers at some point during the week or is this another one of the select items that TRU feels entitled to sell at a price above MSRP?

[quote name='GBAstar']Prim do you still work at TRU (I thought I saw that somewhere)?

If so do you know if they'll change the price in the computers at some point during the week or is this another one of the select items that TRU feels entitled to sell at a price above MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Price changes happen on Mondays. Very rarely do they change prices during the week. The price most likely won't change for this game. My store and a few local only got 2 copies. I don't think they expect it to be a big seller.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Gamestop exclusive[/QUOTE]

That would explain a lot then, Thanks! I'm sure if it has to be a timed exclusive though.

Yeah, I think the guy on duty tonight at my TRU would have had a heart attack if I asked him to mark it down more than $39.99. If only Prim were the rule and not the exception when it comes to TRU employees.

bread's done
Back