Toys R Us 12/7 - 12/13 Ad ---- Whole lotta stuff on sale

DrDarkStryfe

CAGiversary!
Every video game in the store on sale.

- Buy one game for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, or PS2 for $29.99 and up, and get a second game that $29.99 or up for $20 off. Includes software bundled with accessories, discounted game the cheaper one. You can mix and match within this deal.

- Buy any DS or PSP game $29.99 or up, get a second game $29.99 or up for $10 off. Includes anything bundled with an accessory, discounted game the cheaper one. You can mix and match within this deal.

- Buy any game $19.99 or less, get a second $19.99 or less title 50% off. All systems, can mix and match, discounted title the cheaper one.

Incredible bundle promotions.

- Save $40 when you purchase the Playstation 3 bundle. 80GB system, Blu Ray remote control, and your choice of Prince of Persia, Fallout 3, or DC vs Mortal Kombat.

- Save $40 when you purchase the Xbox 360 Pro bundle. Pro console, a second 1st party wireless controller, and your choice of Far Cry 2, Tomb Raider, or Gears of War 2.

- Save $60 when you purchase the Xbox 360 bundle. Arcade system, Guitar Hero 3 software, and the Wired Guitar controller.

- Save $30 when you purchase the DS bundle. Any color Nintendo DS, pink or purple Starter Kit, and your choice of Imagine Fasion, Wedding Designer, or Babysitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
^You can get a scan of the ads of TRU on their website.
[quote name='Majinyoshi']TRU has buy one get one half off in stores starting 3pm today ends sunday[/quote]
On select titles, as I said in my post. Here are the games:

This is a cool deal but at the same time, I remember TRU having a large list of games for $10 a week before Christmas as well....

So with the select list of games B1G1 1/2 off can you buy a game not on the list and get one on the list half off? Or do both games have to come from the list?

[quote name='doodofdoods']2 questions

1. will this be available online too?

2.That $25 off $50 paypal code I have expires 12/7. Now, does that mean it expires after 12/7, or on 12/7. I'd like to be able to get in on this deal and use the code too.[/quote]

I can't absolutely guarantee it's true, but I called TRU about the $25 off Paypal code, and the rep I talked to said because of all the problems with Paypal, my code's not going to expire "for quite some time" as he put it. I wanted a couple OOS games and didn't want to miss out if they didn't come back in by 12/7, but apparently I'll be OK if I wait.

TRU's online order system sucks, but I will say that their phone CSRs are generally friendly and willing to accomodate you if there's a problem.

So you can definitely stack the 20% coupons that came in the mail back around SEPT-OCT with the buy 2 for $29.99+ & get $20 off deal? I thought the coupons said not combined with any other offer.

Regarding:
- Buy one game for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, or PS2 for $29.99 and up, and get a second game that $29.99 or up for $20 off. Includes software bundled with accessories, discounted game the cheaper one. You can mix and match within this deal.

Anyone has a scan for that?? is it confirmed on all the stores?

I just used my paypal code to buy 3 games from them, one of which was disgaea ds which was only $20 but was a part of the $10 off $30 and up sale.

Looks like only some games are included online for the buy 2 $29.99+ and get $20 off. Is it going to be all games in store?

[quote name='J7.']Looks like only some games are included online for the buy 2 $29.99+ and get $20 off. Is it going to be all games in store?[/QUOTE]

it looked like even though some games dont have the little tagline under them, that when you view the product page it DOES show that the discount applies. not sure why the tagline is missing

[quote name='smoger']it looked like even though some games dont have the little tagline under them, that when you view the product page it DOES show that the discount applies. not sure why the tagline is missing[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work for Ridge Racer 7 for the PS3.

Used my $25 (we are sorry we screwed you) coupon thru paypal and got Dead Space and the Aerosmith Guitar Hero bundle for $78 inc. tax and shipping. Pretty decent I guess. Shame the Halo 3 legendary bundle for $39 was out of stock. Would have made a nice Xmas gift for a new 360 owner.

mmmm no dice at these ps3 prices...anyone know if the in store prices would be any different? Most of the games they have listed for the 29.99 and up get one 20 bucks off aren't really good deals. Not many of the games are 29 bucks to begin with unless you want to get haze...........
: (

i was hoping for some warhawk, burnout, etc...
shouldn't the orange box be marked to about 30 bucks by now too?

I grabbed a couple recent price drop games in-store today with the $19.99 and under deal... got Lego Star Wars complete saga (PS3) and No More Heroes (Wii) for $30.

I have a 20% off one item coupon that's only good on Wednesday night. Does anyone know whether TRU coupons combine with deals like the $20 off? Could I get 20% off the 1st game and $20 off the 2nd?

There is a one-day ad set for December 11th. The only new video game related deal was buy Rock Band 2 Special Edition, you get the track pack vol 2 for free. Nothing too special, but wanted to mention it.

halo 3 legenday edition is part of this deal i got the last one the store had you gotta ask for the spefic item number 2549828
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2549828
because apparently they have 2 listed on the site one for $39.98 the other for 99.99

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2549828
sold out online atm but may get lucky in stores might want to call first

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2976183
99.99 the expensive one is also not part of the deal for some reason
please be careful not to get this one

i got this and lost planet colonies edition :)

The DS Bundle deal seems a bit flaky. I mean you're essentially paying an additional $29 for a cheap accessory pack and a shitty game...

Hey, I just noticed that the Guitar Hero World Tour Wii game + guitar bundle is discounted to $69.99 online ... is this new or have I just missed this before? That's a great price for it.

All the DS games I add have shipping, so I'd only save a couple bucks at most-- not enough to make me want to deal with TRU.com hassles.

Man, the shipping seem to be killing the deals for some of you guys. Argh, here's hoping they get in Persona 4 this week so I can do the deal in-store.

I bit on the deal in-store to grab presents for my nephew. I picked up:

Wii
Guitar Hero World Tour guitar bundle: $100
Guitar Hero Aerosmith: $10 ($40 - $20 discount - 50% off automatic promo, I didn't even know about this for GH:A)

DS
SimCity Creator: $30
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia: $20 ($30 - $10 discount)

I'm keeping Castlevania. :) The GH:A promo was unexpected, but I guess all models of the game are on discount now.

[quote name='tomwaits1']I grabbed a couple recent price drop games in-store today with the $19.99 and under deal... got Lego Star Wars complete saga (PS3) and No More Heroes (Wii) for $30.

I have a 20% off one item coupon that's only good on Wednesday night. Does anyone know whether TRU coupons combine with deals like the $20 off? Could I get 20% off the 1st game and $20 off the 2nd?[/QUOTE]

Did anyone confirm this either way? I also have this 20% coupon and another one that expires in two weeks and I might take advantage of this if I could get a $40 game for $32 and then buy another game for $30 to take advantage of the $20 off.

[quote name='MastaNinja']Man, the shipping seem to be killing the deals for some of you guys.[/quote]
It is crap, so to elaborate:"Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select Video Games priced 19.99 or less." That's cool! So I put in 2 $19.99 games, get to total, and...

Merchandise Subtotal: $29.98
Estimated Shipping and Handling Subtotal: $5.98
Sales Tax: $2.47
Estimated Total: $38.43

:roll: Given the dodgy nature of TRU.com shipping, I'd rather pay Amazon the extra whopping $1.55 to ensure quality service.

These are good in-store deals though. Too bad they don't have what I want...

anyone GO or going to Toysus tonight to use 20% coupon and see if it work with buy one game get $10 or $20 off 2rd game sale

I just grabbed Valkyria Chronicles and Prince of Persia with the 20% off coupon.
It came out to 93.26, which was a good price for 2 new games.

Used two different $10 off coupons and a 20% off coupon and got GH WorldTour bundle for $142.88 out the door!

189.99-38.00
151.99-10.00
141.99-10.00

131.99+10.89=$142.88

The $10 off coupons were different. We got one in the mail and my dad gave us the other. I am not sure where exactly it came from but the coupons did stack after the 20% off. Probably a huge YMMV on stacking the coupons.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Good question, where do we find this 20% off coupon?[/quote]

Our 20% coupon came in the mail and was for reward members only. It was only good for Wednesday 8pm to 11pm.

[quote name='Guerrilla']It is crap, so to elaborate:"Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select Video Games priced 19.99 or less." That's cool! So I put in 2 $19.99 games, get to total, and...

Merchandise Subtotal: $29.98
Estimated Shipping and Handling Subtotal: $5.98
Sales Tax: $2.47
Estimated Total: $38.43

:roll: Given the dodgy nature of TRU.com shipping, I'd rather pay Amazon the extra whopping $1.55 to ensure quality service.

These are good in-store deals though. Too bad they don't have what I want...[/quote]

Gah, indeed TRU sucks.

Online they have nothing... I go to the only store around, and they have nothing.

I can easily find some, but the prices are all over the place and to line it up with even two solid ones are soo difficult that wanting to pay tax and shipping just feels so wrong.

Amazon will be the winner here... most of the games can be had for either the same price or cheaper for waiting long enough... and I don't have to pay shipping nor tax.

i dunno if anyone noticed.... probably just for the holiday store hours:

from 12 am to 12 midnight?!?!? that's like... they never close!!!

LOL!!!

bread's done
Back