Toys R Us 2 day sale GOW Ascension$39.99, KOA Reckoning, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs $19.99

neonon19s

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone. I searched for this and didnt see anything posted. If I overlooked, I apologize and this can be closed.

I stopped in Toys R Us on the way to work and saw a couple signs for a Friday-Saturday Sale

Sleeping Dogs on both systems was marked $19.99
:360: Sleeping Dogs
:ps3: Sleeping Dogs

God of War Ascension $39.99
:ps3: God of War Ascension

Kingdom of Amular: Reckoning $19.99
:ps3: KOA
:360: KOA

Hitman $19.99
:ps3: Hitman Absolution
:360: Hitman Absolution

Zelda $29.99
:wii: Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

Also see Tomb Raider for ps3/360 $49.99
DMC ps3/360 $49.99

Batman Arkham City ps3/360 $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
for anyone wondering, kingdoms of amalur is one of the most under rated games this gen. take fable, now instead of mediocre make it have huge value and pack it full of quests and a pretty large world and great loot system... that is kingdoms of amalur, i bought it for $60 on launch and easily put 70+ hours into the game and still never finished it.

Hey I have never ordered from Toysrus before and I saw the ShopRunner service.
What the hell is actually eligible for the free 2 day shipping they promote?
I signed up for a free trial and every thing I put in my cart from video games to big Lego items it says isn't eligible.
Thanks

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hey I have never ordered from Toysrus before and I saw the ShopRunner service.
What the hell is actually eligible for the free 2 day shipping they promote?
I signed up for a free trial and every thing I put in my cart from video games to big Lego items it says isn't eligible.
Thanks[/QUOTE]
toysrus does not offer free shipping for video games with shoprunner

Is it too late to get the $20 back as a price adjustment for GoW:A at BB? (picked it up at launch with the $20 RZ credit thing)

[quote name='YBX87']are there any special code that you get in hitman absolution, when buying it new?[/QUOTE]

There is a online code I think for contracts mode

[quote name='bobphone']Is it too late to get the $20 back as a price adjustment for GoW:A at BB? (picked it up at launch with the $20 RZ credit thing)[/QUOTE]You can try (it depends on the employee), but the official word is that BBY no longer does post-purchase price-matching to anyone but themselves (in-store sales and BBY.com). :cry:

[quote name='showtimefolks']There is a online code I think for contracts mode[/QUOTE]
thanks for your reply

[quote name='strait edge follower']siax got my dlc code, thanks for the responces though :)[/QUOTE]

SPELL MAH NAME RIGHT FOOL! Just because you gave me some DLC does not excuse such insolence! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']SPELL MAH NAME RIGHT FOOL! Just because you gave me some DLC does not excuse such insolence! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD![/QUOTE]

T....Y.....P...O.... got it memorized ? lol, enjoy the code :)

What? I count 6. It's late, and I must be seeing things.

:lol:

[quote name='showtimefolks']

4 very under rated games of this gen for me personally:

Yakuza3-4- dead souls
Binary domain
Spec ops the line
Hitman absolution[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']What? I count 6. It's late, and I must be seeing things.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You must be seeing things... correctly ;)

[quote name='YBX87']are there any special code that you get in hitman absolution, when buying it new?[/QUOTE]

I bought the game new at BBY and there wasn't anything.

I am not getting the 20% price online anymore. It was automatic last night but does not reflect it now. Anyone still getting it?

[quote name='NJMane']I am not getting the 20% price online anymore. It was automatic last night but does not reflect it now. Anyone still getting it?[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing it either

Really would like to price match Sleeping Dogs at Best Buy and use some of my RZ certificates, but I have a feeling that by the time I get around to playing it that I'll be able to get it even cheaper. hmm

[quote name='rad.dreamer3kx']How do you go about price matching at BB, I never did that, do I need to bring a printout, dont have a printer though.[/QUOTE]

If you have a smart phone you can show the price on your phone or have them go onto TRU's website and check the price.

Damn, should hop on that Sleeping Dogs. It's just too bad the BB is a 45 minute drive. Would have been great to use that @Gamer coupon on a PM'd Sleeping Dogs. Or just pay $15.99 for Sleeping Dogs if I can't use a coupon on a PM.

Unless you get one lazy/stupid employee there is no way your walking out of Bestbuy with a free copy of Sleeping Dogs (as in price match then coupon use).

[quote name='MRW2276']Unless you get one lazy/stupid employee there is no way your walking out of Bestbuy with a free copy of Sleeping Dogs (as in price match then coupon use).[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is...there is a chance. Thanks!

Online price is now $19.99 for Hitman. I shouldn't get it, I have enough games for now. That game will probably be down to $15 new sometime soon.

Price-matched God of War at Best Buy with no trouble, came with the preorder multiplayer bonuses and everything.

[quote name='sonicsam']Online price is now $19.99 for Hitman. I shouldn't get it, I have enough games for now. Tat game will probably be down to $15 soon new somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I'm holding out for $15 or less on this. Should get there soon.

[quote name='Donut2922']Couldn't post-purchase PM my online BB.com order for GoW. Rep said even for Silver members no post purchase PM to competitors.[/QUOTE]
but isn't that the new pm policy, post purchases are only accept, if it is from bestbuy

[quote name='strait edge follower']imma try the post purchase price match at my nearest bestbuy and try my luck lol. i have to go to a gamestop thats next to it so id might as well give it a shot[/QUOTE]
LOl, it seems like you are always in gamestop. You might as well try toget a part time job, spending some much time in there.

[quote name='YBX87']LOl, it seems like you are always in gamestop. You might as well try toget a part time job, spending some much time in there.[/QUOTE]

during my daily activities im always passing through gamestops and bestbuys so it happens. thats how i also know the guide inventories for each gamestop. they always hold my guides and they acually have given me aplications lol. im waiting on this hotel interview thougn

[quote name='strait edge follower']during my daily activities im always passing through gamestops and bestbuys so it happens. thats how i also know the guide inventories for each gamestop. they always hold my guides and they acually have given me aplications lol. im waiting on this hotel interview thougn[/QUOTE]
are you leaving your current job already? I remember you just got your recent job 3-4 months ago

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yeah, what happened to the extra 20% off?[/QUOTE]

some people this morning posted that TRU killed it.

I updated the op.

[quote name='neonon19s']some people this morning posted that TRU killed it.

I updated the op.[/QUOTE]
It ended or it got killed?

[quote name='srac84']Does this.stack with the buy 1 get 1 40% off 19.99 games, like if we get koa and sleeping dogs?[/QUOTE]

I swear it did yesterday, but doesn't seem to work now (at least not for Sleeping Dogs). Maybe it was showing 20% off yesterday?

I had a bunch of stuff in my cart yesterday with the B1G1 40% deal and also Sleeping Dogs (trying to hit $79 total), but got pissed off they were charging me $20+ to ship 7 games. So I just said hell with it.

I guess I probably should have bought just Sleeping Dogs by itself, I seem to recall my total was about $21.xx with the 20% off which was still a good deal. But now without that 20% off, and the expensive shipping... not so much.

It looks like Amazon is content not to price match Sleeping Dogs. Gonna have to wait for a permanent price drop I guess.

I was able to get the 20% off deal last night. Had to choose Sleeping Dogs and Hitman for 360 because PS3 versions weren't available at my local store. When I went to pick them up, they had PS3 copies, so they let me swap them. For some reason, when they scanned/keyed the swap, I ended up getting a buck and change back.

[quote name='srac84']Does this.stack with the buy 1 get 1 40% off 19.99 games, like if we get koa and sleeping dogs?[/QUOTE]
I tried doing that with Sleeping Dogs and Sonic Generations today, but the employee said the $20 off on SD invalidated the sale it and it wouldn't take 40% Off Sonic.

Had some RZ certs to use so I ended up PMing this deal at BB. I was prepared for a fight as I know they can be d-bags when it comes to price matching, especially something that's on-line, but they did it last night without any hassle. They asked if I had and ad and I said it was an on-line sale. The cashier said they needed to see it so I pulled it up on my phone. She said "OK" and we were good to go.

I also received an e-mail with the pre-order bonus code after I bought the game.

Dropped by my local TRU yesterday and told the gaming associate about their online price for Sleeping Dogs and if the BOGO40% off would still apply and long behold they did an override (assuming they made the exception since they were pricematching their own website). They didn't have a very good selection for games priced at $19.99 so I ended up choosing Lego Batman 2 (it was between that or War in the North) total cost was about $34.86 but I had enough shopkick points to redeem a free $20 giftcard. Walked out spending only $14.86 out of my pocket. Needless to say I had a pretty decent Saturday haul :D

[quote name='ChunkyLeftovers']Dropped by my local TRU yesterday and told the gaming associate about their online price for Sleeping Dogs and if the BOGO40% off would still apply and long behold they did an override (assuming they made the exception since they were pricematching their own website). They didn't have a very good selection for games priced at $19.99 so I ended up choosing Lego Batman 2 (it was between that or War in the North) total cost was about $34.86 but I had enough shopkick points to redeem a free $20 giftcard. Walked out spending only $14.86 out of my pocket. Needless to say I had a pretty decent Saturday haul :D[/QUOTE]

Lego Batman 2 is a great choice, War in the North is terrible.

bread's done
Back