Toys R Us B1G1 50% off

[quote name='Gertle627']Nope, I tried MS points myself just to be sure.[/QUOTE]
Bah, was gonna try after I got off work today.

Wanted to update everyone:

Just got back from BB, they will price match, however, they will call TRU to confirm that the games you choose are in stock at your local TRU. Important to note if you want 'Demon's Souls' or other M rated games that are slightly obscure.

I walked out with 'Assassin's Creed 2' and 'Left 4 Dead 2' for the grand total of $64.64 (inc tax) pretty happy.

In a strange twist of events I also discovered this little tidbit I thought i'd share: If you do the deal on 2 copies of MW:2 at TRU you pay $60.

Right now Gamestop are doing an additional 50% trade in on anything that goes towards GOW III or FF XIII. MW:2 trades in for $30 at gametop right now, so 2 copies plus the extra 50% you get $90 trade in credit towards either, or both GOWIII or FF XIII.

So, I did this deal at TRU also and with Edge card at Gamestop I've now paid of GoW III and FF XIII for the grand total of $81.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='D0RC']Just to make sure, this works with pre-orders too right?[/QUOTE]

TRU B&M never let me pay off preorders so....

Yes to online, but then you could probably figure that yourself by adding it to the cart.

TRU shipping prices are scrazy and will destroy any savings not applicable

Thanks silphalion

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how I may work the deal. Just pre-order GOW3 and Gran Turismo 5 for $90. BUT I am pretty sure TRU will have promotions for each game. What should I stick with though? Pre-order the two games online from TRU, or just wait till March and see what promotions they have for these games. I am sure they will have buy each game and get a $20 Gift Card.

Went to TRU today and the game section was picked clean from the holidays. Not a bad trip though because I managed to snag the last Big Daddy action figure.

I preordered 6 PS3 games (3 different orders) today and now each order status gives me this "Processing Error: We are experiencing a processing error on your recent order. Please contact us at 877-312-4800 to ensure that the problem is resolved and your order is processed successfully. Please note your order number when calling." I also got an email saying my card could not be authorized. Charges are only made when the order ships right? I may have entered my info wrong though. Anyone else have this problem? Or do I just have to call TRU and have my CC info redone?

a note if you use this on pre-orders online. There is a deal going on for free shipping for all pre-orders. Makes this deal nice if you only go for them.

[quote name='silphalion']a note if you use this on pre-orders online. There is a deal going on for free shipping for all pre-orders. Makes this deal nice if you only go for them.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Bioshock 2 and Bayonetta....had free shipping on both and the Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off worked.....

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']As much as I hate Gamestop, you're 100% correct. Gamestop's offer equates to $40 a game ($60+$60+0/3=$40) while Toys' offer equates to $45 a game ($60+30/2= $45).[/QUOTE]

Except unless I'm mistaken, the Gamestop B2G1 is (1) for used games only, and (2) a dead deal at this point. Right?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Was that MW2 sales price just a one-day offer?[/QUOTE]
Nope, still running til the 2nd. The best of this deal and as was mentioned, a very good flip under the right conditions. If my store gets any more MW2 in by the end of the week, I'll probably buy a couple to move my TRU credit. I hate expiring gift cards.

[quote name='jamestheaussie']Wanted to update everyone:

Just got back from BB, they will price match, however, they will call TRU to confirm that the games you choose are in stock at your local TRU. Important to note if you want 'Demon's Souls' or other M rated games that are slightly obscure.

I walked out with 'Assassin's Creed 2' and 'Left 4 Dead 2' for the grand total of $64.64 (inc tax) pretty happy.
[/QUOTE]

Did you have to bring in a flyer/website printout from TRU showing the B1G1 50% off deal, or did you just mention the deal and they verified it via calling?

[quote name='Gertle627']Nope, still running til the 2nd. The best of this deal and as was mentioned, a very good flip under the right conditions. If my store gets any more MW2 in by the end of the week, I'll probably buy a couple to move my TRU credit. I hate expiring gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Is the MW2 deal for the PS3 version only? One post says that, but the others don't.

Price matched at best buy and picked up Batman and God of War Collection...

Had a 10 RZ cert so it made it about 54 bucks....

Very nice....

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Price matched at best buy and picked up Batman and God of War Collection...

Had a 10 RZ cert so it made it about 54 bucks....

Very nice....[/QUOTE]

Did you have to bring in a flyer/website printout from TRU showing the B1G1 50% off deal, or did you just mention the deal and they verified it via calling TRU?

So you guys are telling me that Modern Warfare 2 is 44.99 In-Store at TRU, and that I can get 2 copies of this game for 60+ dollars?

1st copy is 44.99 and then the second one is Half-off the MSRP(which is 59.99) and then they apply the 15 off? which brings it down to 14.99 for the game?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm confused :S

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']As much as I hate Gamestop, you're 100% correct. Gamestop's offer equates to $40 a game ($60+$60+0/3=$40) while Toys' offer equates to $45 a game ($60+30/2= $45).[/QUOTE]

Here is the thing with gamestop and the b2g1 free its on used games not new games. So it would be about 55 for each new game you buy not 60 making the total about 36 for each game, pending tax and edge card. Gamestop never runs b2g1 free on new games, and also some people would rather spend a little more money on new games instead of having it used.

[quote name='125125']Here is the thing with gamestop and the b2g1 free its on used games not new games. So it would be about 55 for each new game you buy not 60 making the total about 36 for each game, pending tax and edge card. Gamestop never runs b2g1 free on new games, and also some people would rather spend a little more money on new games instead of having it used.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that the Gamestop deal was for used games only. Then again, some people claim that all games they sell are used even if they claim they're new copies. If this is the case, definitely go with the Toys deal. I've yet to buy a used game in my entire life, and I won't do so anytime soon.

[quote name='candymaker789']Did you have to bring in a flyer/website printout from TRU showing the B1G1 50% off deal, or did you just mention the deal and they verified it via calling TRU?[/QUOTE]

They looked up the ad online and tried to call Toys R Us to see if the games were in stock and they wouldn't answer the phone.....

My local store didn't have jack. I want to order online but it shows shipping fees for me which destroys the deal.

Just wondering, since Best Buy do price matching, I was wondering can I show them Walmarts ad for Uncharted 2 for $50 then show them the ToysRus ad? Will that work, or only one ad at a time?

[quote name='125125']Here is the thing with gamestop and the b2g1 free its on used games not new games. So it would be about 55 for each new game you buy not 60 making the total about 36 for each game, pending tax and edge card. Gamestop never runs b2g1 free on new games, and also some people would rather spend a little more money on new games instead of having it used.[/QUOTE]

Is this deal from Gamestop still in effect?

I tried to pricematch this at Best Buy yesterday in Sacramento and got a flat out "Nope, we don't price match that." I didn't put up much of a fuss since there was a Toysrus next door so I just walked away from the counter and left the games there. I even had the ad.

I'll continue to buy my stuff online. It's not worth the hassle with these stores.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']So you guys are telling me that Modern Warfare 2 is 44.99 In-Store at TRU, and that I can get 2 copies of this game for 60+ dollars?

1st copy is 44.99 and then the second one is Half-off the MSRP(which is 59.99) and then they apply the 15 off? which brings it down to 14.99 for the game?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm confused :S[/QUOTE]
That's the way it works while both sales are going on. Some associates might try to tell you that you can't use both deals but the register rings them up automatically.

And no this deal doesn't work on xbl, points, or anything like that. There is also a B1G1 50% off accessories $19.99 or less but those items do not qualify.

free shipping on pre orders plus $15 buck off $100 purchase not bad.

put in code-HOLIDAYGIFT--it has to be in caps.

This MW2 deal looks like the perfect opportunity to transfer credit over. And to trade in my open copy which I finished for a sealed copy. Hmm.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Not sure if it's been asked, but does anyone know if TRU PM's other retailers?[/QUOTE]

My local TRU never PM's other retailers, although I don't know if this applies to all stores.

Your best bet would probably be calling your local store and asking the employees there. Good luck!

Was already looking to pay full price for Monster Hunter 3 and Super Street Fighter IV: with tax worked out to be $74.39 for both. Not bad, but since they are both delayed, I might need to see if they are still able to be pre-ordered by the time TRU's B2G1 rolls around. Anybody know how often that tends to be?

[quote name='poet17eric']Was already looking to pay full price for Monster Hunter 3 and Super Street Fighter IV: with tax worked out to be $74.39 for both. Not bad, but since they are both delayed, I might need to see if they are still able to be pre-ordered by the time TRU's B2G1 rolls around. Anybody know how often that tends to be?[/QUOTE]

once each fall i think

[quote name='Indiana Jones']My stores are all out of MW2 despite the web site saying they're in stock. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Oh bummer.....I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me tomorrow!!!

[quote name='iGen']This deal sucks.

Wii Fit Plus w/Balance Board x2 = $100 + $50 = $150
Shipping $15.92
Sales Tax $13.87
TOTAL $179.77

Amazon:
Wii Fit Plus w/Balance Board x2 = $89.99 * 2 = $179.98
Shipping $0
Sales Tax $0
TOTAL $179.98

How did 50% off become only 21 cents off?[/QUOTE]

really, who can compete with amazon haha

[quote name='Indiana Jones']My stores are all out of MW2 despite the web site saying they're in stock. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yea I wouldnt be surprised at that since when seeing it online it takes a while for it to update. So it might say in the afternoon that it has it in stock when in fact that they sold the last copy a couple hours ago. Same thing happened with me and Radioshack in trying to get PS3 controllers. Site said they had them in stock went there, cashier says we dont have anymore in stock. Best bet is after you online call the store. Went to best buy yesterday and they said they will only PM if TRU has the game in stock. Called up TRU they had 1 MW2 and like 5 copies of AC2.

I ordered Lego Indy 2 and Lego Harry Potter online. Used my Amex $20 off promo (last day was today) and scored both for $65 OTD. Not great, but passable.

[quote name='zedarkness']Are you guys sure it doesnt work on pre-orders? It says it excludes them...[/QUOTE]

it works for me... until they cancel it. XD

What do I do at the register tho? Do I just ask to buy thoes games and see that it works in the system? Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Oh bummer.....I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me tomorrow!!![/QUOTE]

My local tru is out of anything decent. Its insane. The place looks like it hasn't recovered from the pre-christmas ransacking.

bread's done
Back