Toys R Us "bonus deal" 3/8 to 3/12: some games $5 or $20 with MLB11, MLB2K11, DA2

LouieT

CAGiversary!
I just got this in an email from TRU

Buy 1 of these games for $59.99:
:ps3: MLB 11 The Show,
:360::ps3: Major League Baseball 2K11, or
:360::ps3: Dragon Age 2

Either get 1 of these games for $5:
:360::ps3: Mafia 2
:360::ps3: Final Fantasy 13

or get 1 of these games for $20:
:360::ps3: Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2
:360::ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
:360::ps3: Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
:ps3: DC Universe

Sale ends Saturday, March 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad thanks OP. I'd rather them just give a gift card or something though...got lots of diapers and stuff to buy too!

I'd do KMart's deal but I don't trust their card, I signed up for one months ago and still nothing. Worse was that the cashier told me they no longer give out actual cards (which was a lie) and that you just use your phone number. Because of this I can't even see my account online.

As of now it's still GS for me since I have credit there...but I don't know I'm debating going to KMart and speaking with customer service about my card and seeing what's up.

Last week, TRU had a promo, buy fight night champ, get bulletstorm, dead space 2 for 20 each.

I wanted to know if I could purchase 2 copies of dead space 2 for 20 each, and sure enough, it did rang up 20 each for 2 copies of dead spaces.

So you can probaly get

The any of those games above at 60 bucks, and get both mafia2 ff13 for 5 each together. And do the same for 20 dollar games

I already have FF13 so I think I'll get Mafia 2. I even have a $10 gift card so this should work out nicely. I was on the fence about getting DA2 until I saw this post, thanks OP.

Mafia II trades back to TRU for $17.50 Xbox 360 & $17.30 PS3.

So, for those rather having a gift card...there you go.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Last week, TRU had a promo, buy fight night champ, get bulletstorm, dead space 2 for 20 each.

I wanted to know if I could purchase 2 copies of dead space 2 for 20 each, and sure enough, it did rang up 20 each for 2 copies of dead spaces.

So you can probaly get

The any of those games above at 60 bucks, and get both mafia2 ff13 for 5 each together. And do the same for 20 dollar games[/QUOTE]

If anyone tries this, can you post your results. I may try it but I probably won't get the chance for a little while. I'll post what happens if I do try before anyone else.

I'm positive that someone out there is testing these glitches right now, or will later today. TRU always has a glitchy system...

Frankly, I'm a little disappointed in you CAGs for not already being on top of this -- it's 12:30pm Central Time already, and nobody has reported anything yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is possible. If they won't do it, tell them a guy on a forum said so.

All joking aside, PMing Best Buy has been hit or miss for me depending on the day, store and associate. You won't know yourself until you try at your particular store.

Also, bumping a thread every hour is not going to do a thing.

So this is an in store deal too? And I checked the site but the only $5 game that they're listing is Final Fantasy XIII.

Just came back from my closest(well, pretty much only) TRU. It's in-store too for the people asking. Well, sort of. They had signage posted for the $20 games. That leads me to believe that the $5 games work too no problem. However, there was no sign of Mafia 2 anywhere, which is what I wanted, for either system. They had FFXIII for PS3, but no 360, and since I already own it, I didn't bother going thru the trial process to make sure it was cheap, cause I had no intention of buying anything at that point. As far as the $20 games went, Star Wars and Spider-Man were sold out for both, and Castlevania was available for 360 only. Long story short, in typical TRU fashion, another YMMV availability sale right here.

This was an awesome find!

I went to my local TRU and bought MLB 2K11 and Mafia 2.

They had bother signs up for 5 dollars games and 20 dollar games

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Last week, TRU had a promo, buy fight night champ, get bulletstorm, dead space 2 for 20 each.

So you can probaly get

The any of those games above at 60 bucks, and get both mafia2 ff13 for 5 each together. And do the same for 20 dollar games[/QUOTE]

damn i was just at tru trading in bulletstorm since they gave more credit than amazon

if this works i'll get like mlb 11 and mafia 2(ps3) using my bulletstorm credit and i'll trade em both in to amazon then keep ff13 360(i dont have a ps3 btw)

[quote name='shoe478']All joking aside, PMing Best Buy has been hit or miss for me depending on the day, store and associate. You won't know yourself until you try at your particular store.[/QUOTE]

I PM @ BB all the time the key is be fully prepared w/the ad, PM policy & now you can just use the response from a BB corp. rep off their BB forums page. Tell them "you'd rather give BB your $ plus you have a RZ card". Although with a deal like this the discount is so big compared to what your spending it'll be hard to sway them probably.
I can't knocked BB at all concerning PM considering the deal I got w/the TRU b2g $40 giftcard.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288307
But basically, if you'll end up spending $100 or more they'll usually look at it as not wanting to lose the sale.

im just gonna wait for dragon age 2 goty edition. i got burned too many times buying origins, then awakenings and then tiv them both for ultimate edition...
alot better than buying this and all the dlc, unless you must play it asap, but i still havent touched dragon age.... cag has made my backlog infinite!

A no go on buying 60 dollar game and get both mafia2 ff13 for 5 bucks each. Total came up 103 and change.

So just bought 20psn card. And cashier also handed me a voucher. $5off 25 one ending on the 14th and another ending on 24th.

5510975610_dca3d844ea.jpg

[quote name='persianhero']does toysrus even carry mafia 2? i cant find the dam thing anywhere on their site!!![/QUOTE]

Store in Bay Shore, NY had Mafia II for both 360 and PS3.

Still no word on if you can double dip on either ff or mafia two with the one purchase? Damn TRU and their spotty inventory

[quote name='joshnorm']Still no word on if you can double dip on either ff or mafia two with the one purchase? Damn TRU and their spotty inventory[/QUOTE]
The guy 3 posts above you said it didn't work.

[quote name='joshnorm']Still no word on if you can double dip on either ff or mafia two with the one purchase? Damn TRU and their spotty inventory[/QUOTE]

See Post 25.

[quote name='bgame2']See Post 25.[/QUOTE]

Right, but that is a "$60 game" now if you try the deal. Buy DA: Orgins 2 and get both for $5....

[quote name='joshnorm']Right, but that is a "$60 game" now if you try the deal. Buy DA: Orgins 2 and get both for $5....[/QUOTE]

Josh, you confused me. If I read post 25 correctly, he said he tried to get one of the 59.99 games (ie DA2) and a copy of FF13 and Mafia 2, but it didn't work. His total came out to 100+. Is this different than what you were asking?

[quote name='bgame2']Josh, you confused me. If I read post 25 correctly, he said he tried to get one of the 59.99 games (ie DA2) and a copy of FF13 and Mafia 2, but it didn't work. His total came out to 100+. Is this different than what you were asking?[/QUOTE]

Maybe your right and I just mis read it...badly...sorry all.

I'm not trying to derail the thread. I mention this only for people who have Best Buy credit. My best buy did price match this deal for me because it is both in store and on-line. That said, it was complicated because only FFXIII shows up on the website, but my store was helpful enough to call to confrim that Mafia 2 was included.

[quote name='bgame2']My best buy did price match this deal for me because it is both in store and on-line. [/QUOTE]

Its still YMMV because they can still turn you down even if its in-store.

It depends on the CSR you get or the manager.

I would've gotten in on this for MLB The Show had the $20 games been something that I either dont have already or something I'd want now. Dead Space 2 and MLB The Show wouldve done it.

I tried it for the heck of it but tried to buy an eligible $60 game with a $5 game and $20 game. Didn't work. Promo only applied to the first game that scanned. TRU's cleaned up a lot of their glitches.

bread's done
Back