toys r us buy 2 get 1 free and their current MW2 sale?

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!
i am planning to do the exchange thing at toys r us with their buy 2 get one free last month.

i am thinking about getting cod MW2 as one of the exchanged games. my question is.

if i do the exchange and with toys r us having a 20$ gift card(reward zone member) would i get the gift card? or would i be out of luck since im doing the exchange as its a either/or sale rule.

Weren't there issues last year with people trying to swap games after the sale? I think it used to be ok to buy games as placeholders and swap after the next wave of new releases, but they were cracking down on it last year.

I could be wrong, but I know they always do this in October before most of the big holiday releases are out.

I tried it last year without any problems. i went back twice for gears of war 2 and fallout 3.

I tried that this year with best buy but they mark 2 games at ratail and one free. You can't exchange the free one for anything at all. The guy at the counter took the game then tried to charge me full price for MW2. "You can return teh game but you ddin't pay anything for it so I can't give you any credit" WTF???!!!

Im going to go back later tonight and see if I can talk to a manager or try to swap out one of the other 2 games. YMMV

bread's done
Back