Toys R US - Confirmed Yoshi 3DS XL

gecko157

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Here you go, releases 3/14

As far as I know TRS is still offering a free $19.99 game when you buy any 2DS or 3DS system.

jjxNaqA.jpg

****UPDATE****

PO is now available

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31716976&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Best Buy got in 8 Yoshi 3DS XL's.We are the only BB in 30ish miles so its not like a super big store or anything. I don't think they are very sought after though so you guys should be able to get one.

I have a hard time believing they are only getting 2 units per store. The boxes we receive for all Nintendo 3DS have 4 in them. So i would say there would be a minimum of 4 per store. 

^ I'd say production numbers smaller then Zelda and M&L; Greater then Pikachu and Animal Crossing; About the same as Pokemon X&Y.

I mean Kmart is carrying this. They didn't even carry the M&L or Zelda units.

Just to put out there our store got some monday. We only got 4 as well as all the other target stores in my city. Dont know if we got any more recently but I doubt it since we got our yoshis island copies the same day. I know for the pikachu xl launch we only got 3 at our store back then

Don't be surprised when these are selling for $309-$400 as most stores stocking it are only getting 2-4 units. This is basically Pikachu 2.0.
Don't be surprised when these are selling for $309-$400 as most stores stocking it are only getting 2-4 units. This is basically Pikachu 2.0.
just like with how zelda a link of two worlds was? they were selling it for cheap

just like with how zelda a link of two worlds was? they were selling it for cheap
What he and others fail to mention is that every retailer has this... Pikachu wasn't carried by Best Buy, Kmart, etc. It also wasn't up for preorder as long as this was and Pikachu was $159.99 the day it released at Target so it was an easy PM.

This is $200 at every retailer Friday/Saturday (with a few small incentives at places like TRU) and will have a $30GC at Target starting Sunday if inventory last that long.

Plus causals aren't going to run out to buy a $200 XL when these have been $150ish several times since black Friday.

Still once they're gone they're gone....

Meh, I seriously doubt this thing ends up rare. Like others have said, probably about as rare as the X/Y models. (I still see the M&L ones everywhere, and the Zelda one once in a blue moon).

Either way I'm passing, already have too many. Next one I buy would have to be either Pokemon or Smash Bros related. (Or some other surprise model, like for an RPG series or something)

GameStop did not take preorders for it so whatever stock they have is available.
Contrary to that, "apparently" the GameStop near my work was taking pre-orders for 3DS XL's and sold out of them.

We'll see in about 5 mins.

EDIT: Went to the GameStop near me. All the Yoshi 3DS XL's they had were reserved and there were no extras. FML.

Best buy has the yoshi 3ds xl but only 7 units. And I can confirm these do not come sealed with stickers which I find odd. I know someone on here said they bought one from eBay and they didn't have the seals. Looks like none do! What's up with that!?

Best buy has the yoshi 3ds xl but only 7 units. And I can confirm these do not come sealed with stickers which I find odd. I know someone on here said they bought one from eBay and they didn't have the seals. Looks like none do! What's up with that!?
I've owned several versions of the 3ds Xl and only my launch red one ever came with a seal on it. I just don't think Nintendo seals them anymore.

Contrary to that, "apparently" the GameStop near my work was taking pre-orders for 3DS XL's and sold out of them.

We'll see in about 5 mins.

EDIT: Went to the GameStop near me. All the Yoshi 3DS XL's they had were reserved and there were no extras. FML.
They 100% did not take preorders for this in-store so whatever your GS did they did on their own.

They 100% did not take preorders for this in-store so whatever your GS did they did on their own.
I suppose so. But I would change that 100% to 99.9% because as much as I asked why they were the only GameStop I knew who was taking pre-orders for the 3DS XL, they couldn't explain. They were clueless and assumed that every GameStop was doing the same thing.

Here are the odd things going on with this. 

1.  Toys R Us, the units are backordered, even for those who pre-ordered them. 

2.  Wal-mart, you can purchase one now, but it will not arrive to your home for another week-10 days.  However, unlike the Pikachu versions, it can not be selected for store pickup and picked up today.  It says its only available for Site to Store shipping, available on 03/21.

3.  Kmart - You can purchase one now, and looks like it will be delivered next Wednesday or you can select it for store pickup today. 

4.  Best Buy - Not available for shipping.

I suppose so. But I would change that 100% to 99.9% because as much as I asked why they were the only GameStop I knew who was taking pre-orders for the 3DS XL, they couldn't explain. They were clueless and assumed that every GameStop was doing the same thing.
If they were taking preorders it was on a "hey let me write your name on this piece of paper" type thing. You can't take preorders on something the system won't allow.

If they were taking preorders it was on a "hey let me write your name on this piece of paper" type thing. You can't take preorders on something the system won't allow.
Well they told me they took down the $25 reserve for every person that reserved so it may be a little more than that. OR, they may be hoarding the 3DS's for themselves. Either way, it's total BS.

Here are the odd things going on with this.

1. Toys R Us, the units are backordered, even for those who pre-ordered them.

2. Wal-mart, you can purchase one now, but it will not arrive to your home for another week-10 days. However, unlike the Pikachu versions, it can not be selected for store pickup and picked up today. It says its only available for Site to Store shipping, available on 03/21.

3. Kmart - You can purchase one now, and looks like it will be delivered next Wednesday or you can select it for store pickup today.

4. Best Buy - Not available for shipping.
You can still buy and ship to store for Best Buy.

Does Best Buy match gift card offers? I'm thinking of picking one up today and then bringing it back on Sunday to have them match the gift card offer from Target.

Alternatively if they don't, I'll still get $10 in reward certificates if I buy it with my Best Buy credit card. Better than nothing I suppose.

Does Best Buy match gift card offers? I'm thinking of picking one up today and then bringing it back on Sunday to have them match the gift card offer from Target.

Alternatively if they don't, I'll still get $10 in reward certificates if I buy it with my Best Buy credit card. Better than nothing I suppose.
It's very YMMV;

1) Most stores won't match "with Gift Card" offers.

2) They no longer retroactively price match other retailers sales (just themselves). If they are going to PM another retailer it is only supposed to be at the time of purchase

i preordered one from toysrus.com and they just sent me an email saying it's backordered.. even though they will still let you buy it online.. anyone else get an email like this?
I got the same email. They also specifically said it's not going to be cancelled, just delayed.

Received same email from TRU . Called local TRU (Polaris mall, Columbus OH) and they are holding one for me. $20 game will have to trump $30 gift card. I have one in virtual BB cart b/ wanted to find a deal. I bought 2 Pikachus (one to play and one still boxed) b/ will only purchase one Yoshi and use gently.

So I had no idea that 2 new Skylanders were released (Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow). TRU also had XMen Marvel Legends (bought 2). Add to Yoshi Island game and that was almost $500. I better stay employed.

It's very YMMV;

1) Most stores won't match "with Gift Card" offers.

2) They no longer retroactively price match other retailers sales (just themselves). If they are going to PM another retailer it is only supposed to be at the time of purchase
My Bestbuy always does #2. I have never had an issue going back weeks later if I find something cheaper from another retailer and them price matching it. Must be different for all BestBuy's..

I have a sealed Mario/Luigi 3DS XL... is there any way that Target will allow me exchange it for the Yoshi 3ds XL without my receipt or is that entirely against some of their written policy?

My Bestbuy always does #2. I have never had an issue going back weeks later if I find something cheaper from another retailer and them price matching it. Must be different for all BestBuy's..
The policy is the same for all best buy's but how it is enforced is YMMV. Some managers would rather do the post purchase PM then take a return (you can obviously return/rebuy at the lower price or return and rebuy/PM if it's another retailer).

So I pre ordered the regular game for in store pick up and my wife picks it up for just got home and its not the game but the Yoshi system, now I still need to buy the game lol.

I just called the GameStop that's closest to my house to set aside a 3DS XL for me after I get out of work. Should have it in the next few hours. F the GS closest to me at work.....stupid "pre-orders".

There's someone on amazon with a relatively new store front selling them for $195 and $3.99 s/h. Had 27+ of them at one point. Might be a scam.

eBay sellers crack me up. There are a few listings early in the week for $250-$280 which I guess makes a little sense as it leave some room for profit after fees and shipping.

Then today listings pop up at $245.. then one at $240... then at $239 w/ B.O.

I mean people must really get off on the thrill of hunting one down and making a sale because they sure as hell aren't making a lot of money after fees, taxes, time spent, etc.

But what I wanted to say.... is anyone a little bothered that Nintendo isn't putting seals on any of their hardware anymore? None of the Wii U or 2DS systems have seals... and now this 3DS Xl doesn't have them?

I'm be very wary about buying one down the road... i'd make sure I opened it and inspected it before leaving the store. 

My toysrus had 20 in their case. My bestbuy had 10 maybe more in the back. My target had 0 but they probably didn't put them out. They didn't have the game out either. I didn't care to ask I was just browsing.

I can't decide if it's rare or not. Seems pretty easy to find to me, especially since it's still available at most stores online

My toysrus had 20 in their case. My bestbuy had 10 maybe more in the back. My target had 0 but they probably didn't put them out. They didn't have the game out either. I didn't care to ask I was just browsing.

I can't decide if it's rare or not. Seems pretty easy to find to me, especially since it's still available at most stores online
20? Damn. I don't think my TRU has 20 3DS systems period.

But what I wanted to say.... is anyone a little bothered that Nintendo isn't putting seals on any of their hardware anymore? None of the Wii U or 2DS systems have seals... and now this 3DS Xl doesn't have them?

I'm be very wary about buying one down the road... i'd make sure I opened it and inspected it before leaving the store.
Yes, I totally agree. Buying these without seals is very risky post launch. I have rejected plenty of systems at retailers before, because you can clearly see that the seals have been tampered with...fingernail marks, half-peeled seals, etc.

There have been times where I've bought clearanced systems that were such a good deal, that I let the tampered / broken seals slide, and then opened them up to check before purchasing. Inside I've found systems scratched up, and so loosely crammed back into the box without packaging that it's been ridiculous (most problems at Kmart).

It will be so easy for retailers to put returns / opened Yoshi XL's back on the shelf now without consumers having a chance at knowing. Additionally, you can't rule out dishonest employees stealing stuff out of the boxes. I've heard of it happening before by loss prevention.

bread's done
Back