Toys R US - Confirmed Yoshi 3DS XL

gecko157

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Here you go, releases 3/14

As far as I know TRS is still offering a free $19.99 game when you buy any 2DS or 3DS system.

jjxNaqA.jpg

****UPDATE****

PO is now available

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31716976&cp=&parentPage=search

Last edited by a moderator:
Or some other surprise model, like for an RPG series or something

I'm pretty sure Japan will get a PersonaQ 3DS, but I'm wondering if the west might have a shot at getting one too
Huh, looks like it was announced in the morning.

spigf0i.jpg

Pic? Is this a TRU or Best Buy in NYC or something?
No in a small suburb of Ohio..i was going to take a pic but I didn't want to look like a weirdo, plus i didn't think it was a big deal. If I go back later I will...

This toysrus had at least 50 other 3ds xls, still had the Mario and luigi ones.

Finally got one. Went to the GameStop near my house. Didn't ask how many they still had. What was funny was the guy who told me they had their 3DS XLs reserved this morning was at the GameStop I went to just now. He used to work there. #gofigure

Meh, I seriously doubt this thing ends up rare. Like others have said, probably about as rare as the X/Y models. (I still see the M&L ones everywhere, and the Zelda one once in a blue moon).

Either way I'm passing, already have too many. Next one I buy would have to be either Pokemon or Smash Bros related. (Or some other surprise model, like for an RPG series or something)
I seriously wish people would finally stfu about 'rare' this and that. Who gives a flying fuck. If you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

(Not targeting you Sgt, just piggybacking on your post)

I seriously wish people would finally stfu about 'rare' this and that. Who gives a flying fuck. If you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

(Not targeting you Sgt, just piggybacking on your post)
Just playing Devil's advocate here but what if their condition for liking it depends on if it is rare? Then the rare thing kind of seems relevant.

Just playing Devil's advocate here but what if their condition for liking it depends on if it is rare? Then the rare thing kind of seems relevant.
Speculating about rarity (i.e. print size) is 100% relevant as making an accurate prediction can be extremely helpful in understanding how long these will be on store shelves and how likely it is they'll go on sale.

But you have to be a critical thinker to be able to come to those conclusions.

I dunno.  I bought one for my wife tonight because she thought it was "cute".  I bought the last one at GS.  Target had 2 in their case.  1 at BB.  I didn't check TRU.

Question for anyone who got one, how is the green color? It looks different in every picture I see online. Is it nice and bright and lime colored, is it a yellow green? Do you like it?

Speculating about rarity (i.e. print size) is 100% relevant as making an accurate prediction can be extremely helpful in understanding how long these will be on store shelves and how likely it is they'll go on sale.

But you have to be a critical thinker to be able to come to those conclusions.
...because the only reason anyone would give two shits about 'rarity' is to gauge how much profit they can make by flipping it. Any real gamer is not going to care, if they like it, they want to own it to play, the 'rarity' would be moot.

Are these proving actually limited or hard to get? Curious, got mine at best buy at lunch today, seems about each in area had 5-7.
I work for a Target in San Diego, CA and every store here received 4, except for a few of the larger stores received 8. Also, every Best Buy here still has them available for In Store Pickup.

I went to Target right at 8 (my son REALLY wanted one) and I was the only person there to get it. Seems like here in San Diego at least, they're still pretty easy to find.

...because the only reason anyone would give two shits about 'rarity' is to gauge how much profit they can make by flipping it. Any real gamer is not going to care, if they like it, they want to own it to play, the 'rarity' would be moot.
That is ignorant. Like he said, not rare means they sit and go on sale soon. At cag we like that knowledge because we like cheap systems. Rare means get it or you miss out and pay mark up.

But that term "real gamer" is so subjective. Besides, this is a consumer product. Who cares if they want it just for a flip?

But that term "real gamer" is so subjective. Besides, this is a consumer product. Who cares if they want it just for a flip?
You may not know though I loathe flippers. And this forum turned into slickdeals in the past couple years. People use the site to make money, even creating threads specifically to discuss how much money they can make flipping. It's sick and disgusting, and should be a bannable offense.

I like rarity because I like having something that most other people do not and is unique. Not for flipping or resale. I just don't want to buy a console only for it to go on sale for 150$ in a few weeks

I use my Pikachu XL and don't plan to sell it ever

You may not know though I loathe flippers. And this forum turned into slickdeals in the past couple years. People use the site to make money, even creating threads specifically to discuss how much money they can make flipping. It's sick and disgusting, and should be a bannable offense.
That is a little extreme. I flip enough to support my habit and if I didn't flip games, then I wouldn't be able to play as many as I do. I have x amount of money that I spend on gaming and flipping increases that pool. Hoarding is the problem. Buying 10 copies of one game and clearing out an entire area of a city is the problem, but even then someone is going to do it, so it might as well be us.

Not true at all. If something is not rare, then it's very possible it will stay on shelves for weeks or months and there may be sales in the future. It also makes people not have to worry about skipping their lunch to get one as they can get one the next time they're at the store.

Plus collectors like to own rare things even if they are never going to sell it.

But this is also America, land of the free, it's not illegal so why ban it. If a store wants to stop flippers then they should enforce quantity restrictions

This has been a really strange release. My local Walmart doesn't have any for local pickup until March 20th, but the Kmart I work at that is going through liquidation got four delivered by UPS... so odd. 

Question for anyone who got one, how is the green color? It looks different in every picture I see online. Is it nice and bright and lime colored, is it a yellow green? Do you like it?
Picked one up earlier today. It's a light green color sort of a pastel green.

This has been a really strange release. My local Walmart doesn't have any for local pickup until March 20th, but the Kmart I work at that is going through liquidation got four delivered by UPS... so odd.
liquidation? is your store in trouble? and i don't think Sears Holding will go under. Cerberus will simply but them. Just like Cerberus & Safeway.

Kind of off-topic but the Kmart in my town is sad to be in. It's like something out of the early 90's and hasn't been remodeled at all and is  usually pretty empty. I can't believe the place is still open.

i was at my local TRU and they had 4 but i saw 0 at Target, Walmart, and Best Buy
My Best Buy had four of them out on the floor. Went to a Fred Meyer and got one there instead with a $20 off coupon. Guy there said they had a whole box of them in the back so I don't know how many that means.

I just picked one up at BestBuy and the system looks really nice. I just had a quick off-topic question, I noticed that my local BestBuy had the Zelda 3DS XL on Clearance, does this mean that the console was opened and returned? 

I just picked one up at BestBuy and the system looks really nice. I just had a quick off-topic question, I noticed that my local BestBuy had the Zelda 3DS XL on Clearance, does this mean that the console was opened and returned?
It could be. Usually when it's on clearance, it's just been in stock too long and they need to sell it to make room for new stuff. How much was it on clearance?

With Best Buy YMMV.  It could have been opened but usually that's an open box sticker.  Other times it's a for real clearance.

FYI, got back from our crappy K-Mart.  They had 7 Yoshi's sitting there ready to be sold.

Go fuck yourself your posts are a joke

With Best Buy YMMV. It could have been opened but usually that's an open box sticker. Other times it's a for real clearance.

FYI, got back from our crappy K-Mart. They had 7 Yoshi's sitting there ready to be sold.
It could be. Usually when it's on clearance, it's just been in stock too long and they need to sell it to make room for new stuff. How much was it on clearance?
how much is it?
It's $208.99. I would love to buy it, but I don't want to pay over $200 for an open item. I'm going to call and see what the condition of it is.

There's someone on amazon with a relatively new store front selling them for $195 and $3.99 s/h. Had 27+ of them at one point. Might be a scam.

eBay sellers crack me up. There are a few listings early in the week for $250-$280 which I guess makes a little sense as it leave some room for profit after fees and shipping.

Then today listings pop up at $245.. then one at $240... then at $239 w/ B.O.

I mean people must really get off on the thrill of hunting one down and making a sale because they sure as hell aren't making a lot of money after fees, taxes, time spent, etc.

But what I wanted to say.... is anyone a little bothered that Nintendo isn't putting seals on any of their hardware anymore? None of the Wii U or 2DS systems have seals... and now this 3DS Xl doesn't have them?
I'm be very wary about buying one down the road... i'd make sure I opened it and inspected it before leaving the store.
Both my 3ds XL had clear factory seals. Mario and luigi dream team bundle and Zelda a link between worlds.
Zelda is still factory sealed with the tabs.

There's someone on amazon with a relatively new store front selling them for $195 and $3.99 s/h. Had 27+ of them at one point. Might be a scam.

eBay sellers crack me up. There are a few listings early in the week for $250-$280 which I guess makes a little sense as it leave some room for profit after fees and shipping.

Then today listings pop up at $245.. then one at $240... then at $239 w/ B.O.

I mean people must really get off on the thrill of hunting one down and making a sale because they sure as hell aren't making a lot of money after fees, taxes, time spent, etc.

But what I wanted to say.... is anyone a little bothered that Nintendo isn't putting seals on any of their hardware anymore? None of the Wii U or 2DS systems have seals... and now this 3DS Xl doesn't have them?
I'm be very wary about buying one down the road... i'd make sure I opened it and inspected it before leaving the store.
Both my 3ds XL had clear factory seals. Mario and luigi dream team bundle and Zelda a link between worlds.

You're right, the lack of seals is ridiculous. Even for retailers, I could open my yoshi and return it like it was never opened without a single worry.

Yep that is true. But all Wii U's, all 2DS's and the Yoshi 3DS XL do NOT have seals. I didn't mention any of the other 3DS systems because they all have them.

You're right, the lack of seals is ridiculous. Even for retailers, I could open my yoshi and return it like it was never opened without a single worry.
Open it, take the club Nintendo code, return it. Open it, replace it with a used 3ds xl or bricked one, return it. Makes it real easy for people to do this

This doesn't seem to be very limited or in high demand. I bought one Friday at my job because we only had 4, but haven't been asked about one or sold one yet. I'm going to return it tomorrow and then rebuy it to get the $30 gift card they are offering. (At Target)

Open it, take the club Nintendo code, return it. Open it, replace it with a used 3ds xl or bricked one, return it. Makes it real easy for people to do this
I'm guessing you've never tried to return a 3DS XL or other console to any major retailer. I know Best Buy and Target inspect the item and will actually match the serial number to the receipt. When I got a damaged Zelda 3DS from Best Buy, they actually broke the seals to check the item inside even though it was box damage that prompted the return. I would assume Walmart and Gamestop do the same. As such, I doubt the lack of seals is going to result in some major upsurge in return fraud.

I'm guessing you've never tried to return a 3DS XL or other console to any major retailer. I know Best Buy and Target inspect the item and will actually match the serial number to the receipt. When I got a damaged Zelda 3DS from Best Buy, they actually broke the seals to check the item inside even though it was box damage that prompted the return. I would assume Walmart and Gamestop do the same. As such, I doubt the lack of seals is going to result in some major upsurge in return fraud.
That is all of course YMMV. I've returned consoles and seen them back on the floor the same day. Many times they only match the S/N on the outer box to that of the receipt.

If you live in an area susceptible to return fraud I'm sure they'll analyze things much close.

But what prevents someone from taking DLC or games on voucher like in the Zelda Wii U Bundle, redeeming them and then putting the inserts back? Or switching the Zelda Gamepad for a standard one?

I wrote in another post I have never in my life seen any customer service person open and inspect the serial number to match. Maybe they will open it to make sure something is inside, but never inspect it closely. I've returned a couple systems before and I've been in line when people have been returning theirs, customer service does not care.

I wrote in another post I have never in my life seen any customer service person open and inspect the serial number to match. Maybe they will open it to make sure something is inside, but never inspect it closely. I've returned a couple systems before and I've been in line when people have been returning theirs, customer service does not care.
I can say completely the opposite the three times I have returned consoles/handhelds to Best Buy and Target in the last year or so. All three times the store personnel have broken the seals to confirm the correct item and serial number was inside and Best Buy now scans customer IDs to process a return. In fact, as of December of last year, Best Buy's customer service computer wouldn't even allow a console to be returned unless the serial number of the console was entered into the return POS. I know because I had a Neo Geo X that they shipped to be with nothing but a shipping label for packaging and they had to literally open the mangled box to find the serial number of the console which wasn't even on there so the manager had to do a manual override.

While it's certainly possible that stores may vary by area and I suppose Best Buy could have allowed for a workaround on a regular basis, I don't believe not having seals makes fraud any more prevalent. For many years shoplifters have been stealing games from Target in Southern California end elsewhere and returning them with either blank discs or at one time AOL discs inside and then carefully resealing the Y Fold wrap and factory sticker seal on those games that have them. Similarly, Target had a rash of iPad fraudulent returns where what was returned was some other similarly weighted item and those are also well re-sealed by the thief doing the return. Seal or no, fraud return will still happen and I just don't think it's anything to worry about for most consumers.

I have a sealed Mario/Luigi 3DS XL... is there any way that Target will allow me exchange it for the Yoshi 3ds XL without my receipt or is that entirely against some of their written policy?
If you purchased it with a Target Red Card then it will be stored that way and you won't need a receipt. If you paid by some other means then unfortunately you will be SOL.

bread's done
Back