Toys R Us Coupon mailer: $10 off two games 19.99 or less

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
Got a R-Zone holiday gift guide in the mail today. A couple of good coupns in there:

Save $10 on Sega 2 packs

$10 off an Nintendo purchase $100 or more

Save $5 off any Disney Video Game

The most interesting is one that is $10 off any two Video games $19.99 or LESS. Obviously a misprint but it will be interesting to see if they will honor it. Probably not.

Anyone else get these? The coupons are good starting Dec 3rd

Maybe not a misprint. A few weeks ago they ran that 5 dollar off any 1 game $20 or less so wouldn't this be the same thing just doubling itself?

And on a side note can you pick these coupons up in the store or only through the mail if you are on their list?

It would be nice if the coupon could be used in conjunction with the green tagged items...even better if I had the mailer coupon. How much are you spending so that you receive it?

Look at the prices in the holiday gift guide. They've all gone up in price(they go up tomorrow just in time for the guides start Friday). I posted about the mark ups and the guide in the "HUGE YMMV-TRU Markdowns starting Thursday December 2, 2004-HUGE YMMV" thread. Also, the $10 off $100 Nintendo coupon doesn't say it excludes systems.

[quote name='tubtub']Look at the prices in the holiday gift guide. They've all gone up in price(they go up tomorrow just in time for the guides start Friday). I posted about the mark ups and the guide in the "HUGE YMMV-TRU Markdowns starting Thursday December 2, 2004-HUGE YMMV" thread. Also, the $10 off $100 Nintendo coupon doesn't say it excludes systems.[/quote]

any advice on how to get on the mailer list?

any advice on how to get on the mailer list?

The best bet is to call 1-800-toysrus. You can sign up for the mailing list or check to see if you are even on the list by entering your phone number. It's a voice operated menu now, so just say "mailing list" and it will give you instructions on what to do.

[quote name='tubtub']The best bet is to call 1-800-toysrus. You can sign up for the mailing list or check to see if you are even on the list by entering your phone number. It's a voice operated menu now, so just say "mailing list" and it will give you instructions on what to do.[/quote]

I just did it. Thanks!
That was fun and easy! :wink:

is this a flyer that we can pick up at the door? Or is this the type of thing that if we don't have it by now, we are SOL. Let us know.

My Toys R Us pesters you when you buy something for your phone number ,which must be why I received this in the mail (plus I go to Baby R Us often).Nothing to get too excited/jealous about .$10.00 off 2 games $19.99 or less is OK, but my store is totally picked over.

Two things should be mentioned about the mailer:

1. The coupons aren't valid until Dec. 3 but go to the 31st.

2. By far the best deal in the entire mailer is on page 4: EyeToy Play w/ camera for $29.99. Still $50 everywhere else. Great for price matching!

-DM

The EyeToy Play package price went down to $45. The AntiGrav package is now the lead item for EyeToy. I don't know why they don't make the Play disc available to the the purchasers of Groove and AntiGrav packages. You'd think it would be worthwhile to sell it at $20 to those EyeToy owners who started with a later package but want everything.

TRU still charges $45 for the original EyeToy, but as long as you have the catalog just show it to the cashier and you'll get it for $29.99. I expect they will drop the price soon on it.

It's a flyer that you get in the mail. The store won't let you have it if you don't already have it before you get there.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They should also make the AntiGrav game available seperate, I have not seen it anywhere without the camera.[/quote]

A few weeks ago, EB's site was selling just the EyeToy Play disc (used) for something ridiculously cheap. Like $5.99 before coupon. I bought two and I wish I had bought more as gifts because I haven't seen them in stock since. When they arrived, both copies were in great condition, like almost never used. Hopefully they'll offer them again soon, since I'd like to buy my nephew the AntiGrav package AND the Play disc.

-DM

They should also make the AntiGrav game available seperate, I have not seen it anywhere without the camera.

According to the Sony rep, they are going to release Antigrav separately for $29.99. She said she had a SKU for it, but Sony had delayed it until next year. Probably because they figure those who want it now will pay $50 for it with an Eyetoy and that the Groove game didn't sell well separately.

I got this in the mail today. What games are 5 dollars?

All the X-box value software is $10(the games in those blue cases), but it is green tag so it rings up for $5 each. It's not supposed to work, but if you argue it a little you'd be able to use the $10 off any 2 video games $19.99 or less, thus giving you 2 games for free. Other games that are cheap...PS2 value software, XB Turok is like $3, Bloodrayne is around $6, and theres a bunch more cheap stuff. Of course the prices could be different on Bloodrayne and Turok, so YMMV.

[quote name='tubtub']
I got this in the mail today. What games are 5 dollars?

All the X-box value software is $10(the games in those blue cases), but it is green tag so it rings up for $5 each. It's not supposed to work, but if you argue it a little you'd be able to use the $10 off any 2 video games $19.99 or less, thus giving you 2 games for free. Other games that are cheap...PS2 value software, XB Turok is like $3, Bloodrayne is around $6, and theres a bunch more cheap stuff. Of course the prices could be different on Bloodrayne and Turok, so YMMV.[/quote]

So you're saying I could pick up two xbox turoks and make 4 bucks? :twisted:

I just went to my toysrus and picked up:
Eternal Eyes(PS1)
Sega Bass Fishing(DC)
Mad maestro(PS2)
Music Maker(PS2)
Club World(PS2)
Virtua Tennis(GBA)

for a grand total of 8.10

The coupon says in the bold print "Only one coupon required for buying any all, or multiples of items listed". I went up there with the coupon and asked him if I could do it with the green tag games. He said alright, then he scanned the coupon after scanning the games, and looking at the screen weird. He called some other employee over there, and she said it looked ok. He said my total was 8.10, so I gave him a ten and left. Later, looking at my receipt, 2 of the games didn't match up to give me 10 bucks off, so I ended up paying for them. I didn't feel like going back there to get my 8 bucks back. I'm guessing you can only use this coupon for 4 games total, or $20 off.

Picked up the following using the $10-off-2-19.99-games coupon, which they promptly tore out of my flyer after ringing up the sale:

2 * Unreal Championship for Xbox ($5 each)
2 * Seablade for Xbox ($5.50 each)
1 * Mojo for Xbox ($5)
1 * MDK 2 for PS2 ($5)
2 * Beyond Good and Evil PS2 ($6 each)
2 * Project Eden for PS2 ($5 each)
2 * EJay Clubworld for PS2 ($5 each)
2 * Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever for GBA ($5 each)

For a grand total for $3. The manager was not pleased. But the folks I work with were. I handed games out like Santa this morning. Oh what fun. Kept the GBA games for myself.

BTW, there's lots left of everything mentioned above.

My TRU was just about out of $5 games, save some old PS1 games, but there were plenty of decent games under $10, like Hitman 2, Devil May Cry, Ribbit King, Soul Calibur II, Arc the Lad, making them $2-$5 each after the coupon. Just a few things to note: Vol. 11 Jampacks were free AC but Vol. 10 Jampacks were still full price, and only some green tag items were allowing the extra discount after the 50% off.

[quote name='lurknomore']is this a flyer that we can pick up at the door? Or is this the type of thing that if we don't have it by now, we are SOL. Let us know.[/quote]

I too am interested to know this...any answers?

[quote name='knight19'][quote name='lurknomore']is this a flyer that we can pick up at the door? Or is this the type of thing that if we don't have it by now, we are SOL. Let us know.[/quote]

I too am interested to know this...any answers?[/quote]

I think you have to get it in the mail. If you can pick it up in-store, I'm definitely going. I've waited the last 2 days to see if it would be in my mail but it wasn't. It's kind of strange because I get flyers from them all the time.

Anyone want to buy my coupon or trade it for a few of the free games you're going to get? I just don't feel like going through the hassle of dealing with incompetent management again (tried last week with their sale). I guess I'm getting old - pm me if interested.
Thanks!
Melissa

[quote name='CaptainSniffy']Picked up the following using the $10-off-2-19.99-games coupon, which they promptly tore out of my flyer after ringing up the sale:

1 * Mojo for Xbox ($5)
1 * MDK 2 for PS2 ($5)

For a grand total for $3. The manager was not pleased. But the folks I work with were. I handed games out like Santa this morning. Oh what fun. Kept the GBA games for myself.

BTW, there's lots left of everything mentioned above.[/quote]

Wait, how does that work? Wouldn't the $10 just come off the final order?

[quote name='mjhd']Anyone want to buy my coupon or trade it for a few of the free games you're going to get? I just don't feel like going through the hassle of dealing with incompetent management again (tried last week with their sale). I guess I'm getting old - pm me if interested.
Thanks!
Melissa[/quote]

You have been PM'ed!

[quote name='CaptainSniffy']Picked up the following using the $10-off-2-19.99-games coupon, which they promptly tore out of my flyer after ringing up the sale:

1 * Mojo for Xbox ($5)
1 * MDK 2 for PS2 ($5)

BTW, there's lots left of everything mentioned above.[/quote]

LOL that is too funny, all those games for $3 total? Jeebus I am a little surprised that the manager was standing there and did not impose some sort of limit.

This is probably really unethical, but what the hell.

If any of you guys want to do a Hastings 4 for 1 with games you get, send them my way, i'll get what you want. The deal is basically.. any four games (besides sports games) for the system you're trading in (ex. 4 PS2 games for a new PS2 game). NO multiples..

So, for example, looking at CaptainSniffy's post.. I could turn UC, Seablade, Mojo and MDK2 into.. Halo 2. I could then take MDK2, Beyond Good & Evil, Project Eden and EJay's Clubworld and turn it into MGS3. He'd have $100 worth of games for around $3.

Of course, if you'd like to send four extra games my way as a "thanks", I'd much appreciate it, but it's not necessary. I'm just in the Christmas spirit. PM me if interested.

And if you're interested in the deal, if you have over 1,000 posts here (or if you're CaptainSniffy, since I used him as an example), I could push this deal a bit further.. as I said, PM me if interested.. all names, addresses, and the such shall remain confidential.. but if you guys want to send me stuff, let's do this THIS WEEK.. that way I can receive, get stuff over the weekend, and ship it out next week and still have a few days to spare until Christmas.

[quote name='Scorch']And if you're interested in the deal, if you have over 1,000 posts here (or if you're CaptainSniffy, since I used him as an example), I could push this deal a bit further.. as I said, PM me if interested.. all names, addresses, and the such shall remain confidential.. but if you guys want to send me stuff, let's do this THIS WEEK.. that way I can receive, get stuff over the weekend, and ship it out next week and still have a few days to spare until Christmas.[/quote]

holy crap! that is a crazy deal,

[quote name='WhoDey'][quote name='knight19'][quote name='lurknomore']is this a flyer that we can pick up at the door? Or is this the type of thing that if we don't have it by now, we are SOL. Let us know.[/quote]

I too am interested to know this...any answers?[/quote]

I think you have to get it in the mail. If you can pick it up in-store, I'm definitely going. I've waited the last 2 days to see if it would be in my mail but it wasn't. It's kind of strange because I get flyers from them all the time.[/quote]

I didn't see it when I went in, but I really didn't look that hard.

would a scan of the coupon even get the job done? oh man that would be sweet if someone did that and they actually accept it!

holy toledo. :shock:

[quote name='dracula']would a scan of the coupon even get the job done? oh man that would be sweet if someone did that and they actually accept it!

holy toledo. :shock:[/quote]

i dont think they will do that. they not that stupid.

I used my coupon on Castlevania: LOI ($12.99) and Metal Gear Substance ($7.50) and got both games for $11. The best part is that they were so busy that the cashier by mistake handed the coupon back to me. I definitely plan on using it again before it expires.

I went into Toys R Us yesterday looking for the coupon, but they had something different.

They had a buy 2 games, get 10 bucks off...but there was a list of games that you had to choose from. Of course, all of them were at least 39.99.

This was in one of their in-store "Zone" flyers or whatever they're trying to market their game section as.

Anyway, thought you guys would like to know that the coupon is probably not available in-store, which really depresses me :(

The scan of the coupon would not work. It says right on the coupon "Void if copied". I would have scanned it in for you guys if it didn't say that.

[quote name='irc_email']I printed a scan of the coupon on a laser printer and had no problems using it today.[/quote]

Would that scan happen to be online. If so, can you PM me where. I'd give it a shot.

bread's done
Back