Toys R Us for Video Games?

Nematode

CAGiversary!
When I was younger I remember Toys R Us being the place to go for video games. But then I moved for a while and there wasn't one around anymore. But I found out that there is one actually relatively close to me. I was wondering if anyone goes there to get games? Or for GI Joe Figures...man I loved those things...

TRU is more expensive for games and toys than almost every other place in town here. So no, I don't go to TRU...

Yeah I go there for games every now and then. They have some nice deals like the buy 2 get 1 free like they just had and I can find some good older games in the bins in their stores for dirt cheap prices. I've gotten some good sealed n64 games for like $10 at TRU.

Not the place I'd generally go for a new game but I do head there every so often to check out what they have.

[quote name='Ledhed']G.I. JOE!!![/quote]

And knowing is half the battle! Some of those PSA's are nuts.

Sometimes I've found some cheap cool games and toys at TRU before but not very often...

You are right. When I was a kid I remember going to Toys R us and they had more video games than everyone else. You had to take the paper slip to the register and then you would take your receipt to some lock up room and a guy would give you the game.

Now days their selection is mediocre. Best buy and circuit city are the same or better. You have to go to EB games or Game Stop to get the harder to find titles.

I just buy clearance stuff at TRU. Picked me up some legos on BF. AT-AT for $49.99, got me two. All I need now is a snow speeder and a ton ton and I can replay the battle of hoth... yup.

[quote name='Rig']TRU is more expensive for games and toys than almost every other place in town here. So no, I don't go to TRU...[/quote]

This is true, though they do tend to have good sales once in a while.

[quote name='rebenns'][quote name='Rig']TRU is more expensive for games and toys than almost every other place in town here. So no, I don't go to TRU...[/quote]

This is true, though they do tend to have good sales once in a while.[/quote]

Yeah, the seemingly yearly BOGO sale as well as their clearance titles this past October brought me to TRU. Plus they're great with price matching.

I only go there for sales/deals. Otherwise, they're not very good. Prices are really high, and selection is usually not very good. At least at the ones I've been to.

I've been doing good with all the TRU sales. And their customer service has been much better than Bestbuy and Circuit City.

It may be one of my favorite retail outlets for video games.

[quote name='Indiana']You are right. When I was a kid I remember going to Toys R us and they had more video games than everyone else. You had to take the paper slip to the register and then you would take your receipt to some lock up room and a guy would give you the game. [/quote]

Hey - come to the prehistoric city of Tallahassee. We still have the ancient, inefficient, and long-lost ticket system of yore!

Where the cheap games go, the horse goes, including TRU. The horse used to love that place, you could fuck around with everything in the store, including the employees! Sadly, TRU was never the same for me, after I got older didn't stop by for about three years, and when I returned the entire store had been remodled. A sad day for this horse, I'll tell you that much buster.

The TRU by my house has a rather large selection of video games; they even have SNES and DC games lined up on the wall for the taking. However, they do have rather unfair prices, as old games will still cost $49.99 most of the time.

BLACKEST HELL!!

Yea the TRU around me has a sucktacular game selection. I remember going there as a kid and seeing more NES games then I ever knew existed. But now it is hard to find a PS2 game there that came out 4 months ago.

Price-wise, my TRU is nothing special. On a positive note, they tend to have rare games that everyone was looking for during certain sales, like Disgaea (about 5 copies) and Rez was even there for awhile.

It used to be a cold spot: not many people seemed to shop there for games. I think it's changed somewhat now.

BTW, I miss the old setup of aisles when I was a kid. I never got into the "worlds".

[quote name='Indiana']You are right. When I was a kid I remember going to Toys R us and they had more video games than everyone else. You had to take the paper slip to the register and then you would take your receipt to some lock up room and a guy would give you the game.

Now days their selection is mediocre. Best buy and circuit city are the same or better. You have to go to EB games or Game Stop to get the harder to find titles.[/quote]

HAhaha.....do they still do that? That would be an uber-flashback. I remember buying choplifter for SEGA because they were the only ones around. The last time I was there was to look through their board games because I couldn't find Acquire and Cranium ANYWHERE! That was probably my biggest shopping hunt ever. Ah, I also remember spending hours in that store when I was younger, getting the baseball packs with the old nasty stick of gum...

Moiety -- Worlds? What are they?

bread's done
Back